Would appreciate your Core WvW condi builds

that baby stealing dingo.7

I like to run sword/X/Longbow builds in general, I'm looking for any such builds you've used in WvW and enjoyed. Builds that use other weapons in the 2nd slot (sword/sword/hammer, etc.) are cool too, as long as the focus is a condi or Celestial type of build. My goal is to contribute decent damage and possibly support in group fights, and also hold my own in 1v1s

32 minutes ago, that baby stealing dingo.7 said:

I like to run sword/X/Longbow builds in general, I'm looking for any such builds you've used in WvW and enjoyed. Builds that use other weapons in the 2nd slot (sword/sword/hammer, etc.) are cool too, as long as the focus is a condi or Celestial type of build. My goal is to contribute decent damage and possibly support in group fights, and also hold my own in 1v1s

I'll give you something in the morning. Too drunk atm. Just remind me if I don't...

• Like 1

You could try something like this Apothecary Warrior Build

It has a stupid amount of sustain.  The only draw back is that it lacks cover conditions, therefore, the bleeds and burns get cleared pretty quick by most classes.  I'm pretty sure it's similar to what @Hitman.5829 runs.  I'll link one of his video's for reference.
https://youtu.be/-8OHnSEQ4Ig

P.S.  @Hitman.5829.  If that's not your video, I apologize.  🙂

• Like 1

Alright! Not drunk anymore AND I have some coffee! So, I'm going to through several things at you @that baby stealing dingo.7.

Here is a Celestial sword/axe + Longbow build: Cele-swd/axe+LB
Why axe? Lay down LB F1, swap, Savage leap into the field thus getting a fire aura, then Whirling Axe for more burn stacks. Sigils on the sword/axe set provide some extra cover condis. More of a hybrid build mind you since sword and LB are both hybrid and to take advantage of  OH Axe's power scaling.

This next one is a Rabid/Settler mix with swd/swd + Longbow: Swd/Swd+LB

The Sigil of Generosity will provide a bit of extra sustain along with cover condi. This one is a tankier setup that relies on several passive sustain sources to keep going. Also more of a selfish build, but you can cover your allies as they back off to regroup. Unless you are REALLY outnumbered you should last a while for your friends to come back and blindside the enemy.

For something truly supportive use Minstrel sword horn + LB: Minstrel
You can swap to Apothecary states instead if you want more damage.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

Alright! Not drunk anymore AND I have some coffee! So, I'm going to through several things at you @that baby stealing dingo.7.

Here is a Celestial sword/axe + Longbow build: Cele-swd/axe+LB
Why axe? Lay down LB F1, swap, Savage leap into the field thus getting a fire aura, then Whirling Axe for more burn stacks. Sigils on the sword/axe set provide some extra cover condis. More of a hybrid build mind you since sword and LB are both hybrid and to take advantage of  OH Axe's power scaling.

This next one is a Rabid/Settler mix with swd/swd + Longbow: Swd/Swd+LB

The Sigil of Generosity will provide a bit of extra sustain along with cover condi. This one is a tankier setup that relies on several passive sustain sources to keep going. Also more of a selfish build, but you can cover your allies as they back off to regroup. Unless you are REALLY outnumbered you should last a while for your friends to come back and blindside the enemy.

For something truly supportive use Minstrel sword horn + LB: Minstrel
You can swap to Apothecary states instead if you want more damage.

@Lan Deathrider.5910 The second Build is really good. Well done. I just adjusted for a better Power bonus and remove some Signets. Really good.

That why when @Grand Marshal.4098 asked me about a build. I said that depends on how you are fight and what you want.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Broxxgar.6801 said:

@Lan Deathrider.5910 The second Build is really good. Well done. I just adjusted for a better Power bonus and remove some Signets. Really good.

That why when @Grand Marshal.4098 asked me about a build. I said that depends on how you are fight and what you want.

Let's say that I uuhh tried a Spellbreaker condi approach but wasn't very successful with it so far in pvp. I expect it to do better in WvW and I suggest for the OP to run it if they want. Gist of it: abuse Body blow 

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PKwEIKNssB2GzipwOxR5y/tC-zF0QhNNA-w

Bringer and Carrion gear, still trying to figure out the appropriate Stat tbh. This one is the main aristocracy rune abuse build, utilizing high weakness uptime through constant CC for the generation of Might for heal via MMR. A Wip for stacking bleeds etc. Revenge Counter is a must have tbh and I thought of going for loss Aversion over slow counter (cover condi loss) for more dmg all around not based around crit. 

In any case, I don't think I can slot defense over discipline for the obvious reason of overall discipline > cull the weak and probably CI. 

Shield over warhorn for more cc, but the extra cleanse and barrier is always welcome in bigger scale fights or even 1v1.

Edited by Grand Marshal.4098
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Grand Marshal.4098 said:

Let's say that I uuhh tried a Spellbreaker condi approach but wasn't very successful with it so far in pvp. I expect it to do better in WvW and I suggest for the OP to run it if they want. Gist of it: abuse Body blow 

Bringer and Carrion gear, still trying to figure out the appropriate Stat tbh. This one is the main aristocracy rune abuse build, utilizing high weakness uptime through constant CC for the generation of Might for heal via MMR. A Wip for stacking bleeds etc. Revenge Counter is a must have tbh and I thought of going for loss Aversion over slow counter (cover condi loss) for more dmg all around not based around crit. 

Try using a Sigil of Draining along with the hard CC 😉 Other than than put a condi on crit sigil in as a cover condi.

In any case, I don't think I can slot defense over discipline for the obvious reason of overall discipline > cull the weak and probably CI. 

You'll want Burst Mastery for it anyway.

Shield over warhorn for more cc, but the extra cleanse and barrier is always welcome in bigger scale fights or even 1v1.

Other tips would be to take Merciless Hammer. Spam Bursts for days, but only if you feel you don't need MMR's sustain, or if you swap SpB for Tactics/Defense and get sustain from  there.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

Try using a Sigil of Draining along with the hard CC 😉 Other than than put a condi on crit sigil in as a cover condi.

You'll want Burst Mastery for it anyway.

Other tips would be to take Merciless Hammer. Spam Bursts for days, but only if you feel you don't need MMR's sustain, or if you swap SpB for Tactics/Defense and get sustain from  there.

good suggestions! Will def use these. I think I got a draining sigil in my bank.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Grand Marshal.4098 said:

I tried Spellbreaker too with condi approach, but don't work anyway. I tried dual Sword and dual Dagger, was totally a frustation. I was like less one for my team in unraked arena, I couldn't kill no one. But this was like 3 or 4 months ago.

• Like 1

I have been testing other setups for Condi Core and now is become more viable, I tried to change the Longbow for another dual wielding Mace/Axe and using Rabid Gear and seems to be working well. The whirlwind axe give you at least 10 stack of furious, which can bring more condi dmg that is near a zerk condi dmg. Most of my tests where on WvW.

@Grand Marshal.4098 and @Lan Deathrider.5910 for a better approach of Core condi War take a look on Sinister Gear. I have tried several matchs on ranked with it and was succesfull  with it. But take note is the more hardest build that I  haved played on this game. You have to be very, very good with it. There is no room for mistake, because as the gear shows. You don't have any defense. Its like a Cannon glass cannon for condi and is not even close to fight the metas I think.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Broxxgar.6801 said:

I have been testing other setups for Condi Core and now is become more viable, I tried to change the Longbow for another dual wielding Mace/Axe and using Rabid Gear and seems to be working well. The whirlwind axe give you at least 10 stack of furious, which can bring more condi dmg that is near a zerk condi dmg. Most of my tests where on WvW.

@Grand Marshal.4098 and @Lan Deathrider.5910 for a better approach of Core condi War take a look on Sinister Gear. I have tried several matchs on ranked with it and was succesfull  with it. But take note is the more hardest build that I  haved played on this game. You have to be very, very good with it. There is no room for mistake, because as the gear shows. You don't have any defense. Its like a Cannon glass cannon for condi and is not even close to fight the metas I think.

I'm inclined to believe that bunker traits will probably do it with such gear

But at the same time, given warrior's low condi dmg output otherwise, I don't know if it's rly worth it going sinister or full grieving etc for condi setups as dmg over time and glass gear sounds a bit too dangerous. Ofc I'm just playing condi builds more extensively, so I personally need some time to get the feel for some of them, but even at max dmg output, condi on Warr still feels underwhelming compared to guard, Thief and Rev. Probably the lack of torment of burst burn application outside of berserker I'd the reason.. 

• Like 1

I'm inclined to believe that bunker traits will probably do it with such gear

But at the same time, given warrior's low condi dmg output otherwise, I don't know if it's rly worth it going sinister or full grieving etc for condi setups as dmg over time and glass gear sounds a bit too dangerous. Ofc I'm just playing condi builds more extensively, so I personally need some time to get the feel for some of them, but even at max dmg output, condi on Warr still feels underwhelming compared to guard, Thief and Rev. Probably the lack of torment of burst burn application outside of berserker I'd the reason.. 

Burn > Bleeding so you won't ever pass this dmg. But I can say to you that you can win against them. Remember a good well applied riposte will eat 50% of the enemy heath, give you the advantage on the beggning of the fight.

• Like 1