Scrapper flamethrower PvE armor stats?

backhand.4281

I love to run with my flamer but I'm not sure about the stats to go for.
Does condi dmg affect my flamer dmg output or does it only affect my pistols, rifle etc?

Same goes for burning duration, burning dmg. Should I stack them or just go for power, prec, toughness etc?

I am running with full trailblazers + baltazhar runes atm but can only get 89% burning duration...

Any suggetions are most welcomed!

Weapon kits scale with our stats, the flamejet auto attack does power dmg and the burning condition it applies deals condition dmg.
Odd as it is Flamethrower is more of a power weapon then it's a condition dmg weapon. 
You can get a looong way running a scrapper/firearm/whatever you want (Explosive for more dmg?) and go with a much might stacking as you can for more dmg. Full zerker or add whatever amount of boon duration + and toughness/vitallity you feel you need to be safe 

a build could look something like this for max dmg stacking:
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PegAIRlRw6YNMIWKOuLfteA-e

But you could also go alchemy instead of Exlposive for easier 25 might stacks or more quickness whatever you wanna play around with really and many of the scrapper traits can also be played around with if you rather want quickness uptime over might.

But firearms Juggernaut + scrapper just works

The build itself isn't my issue. It's more the stats that affect or do not affect the flamer.
I've been stacking condi dmg and expertise as I thought they would benefit my flamer. Now, I think I've backed the wrong horse, lol. I should've gone for power and not expertise?

"Odd as it is Flamethrower is more of a power weapon then it's a condition dmg weapon. " Yeah this makes no sense to me. Hence me going for expertise and condi dmg stats. Bah, seems like I've wasted gold on the wrong armor now...

Edited by backhand.4281

16 minutes ago, backhand.4281 said:

The build itself isn't my issue. It's more the stats that affect or do not affect the flamer.
I've been stacking condi dmg and expertise as I thought they would benefit my flamer. Now, I think I've backed the wrong horse, lol. I should've gone for power and not expertise?

"Odd as it is Flamethrower is more of a power weapon then it's a condition dmg weapon. " Yeah this makes no sense to me. Hence me going for expertise and condi dmg stats. Bah, seems like I've wasted gold on the wrong armor now...

I mean if it's only for open world PvE you could make it work in a condition dmg setup, but if you want to use Flame Jet (the skill #1) power > condition dmg for flamethrower.

The big problem with Flame Jet's burning output is it's only one stack with a 4 seconds duration. 

If you wanna go the condition way with flamethrower it's more about swapping into it it use #2 and #4 since they can get some decent burning going and then swap out again and use Pistol/Pistol, Grenade kit or bomb kit for even more condition access. 
There is a decent meta condition dmg build you could use, that have a flamethrower in it, but again it's more a "quick swap in" thing:

https://metabattle.com/wiki/Build:Holosmith_-_Condi_DPS

and you better like playing the piano if that's the way you go hehe 😄

Edited by Amadeus.5687
  • Like 1

I have a condi druid and I love it.

Was hoping for a similar thing but using a flamethrower in my engi. It's purely for OW PvE and I don't mind a laidback playstyle. I just wanna watch the world, critters and NPCs burn, lol.
Shame it seems like that isn't gonna happen then. #!¤#!

So I take from your response that stacking expertise does nothing for my dmg output when wielding the flamethrower.

Edited by backhand.4281

Scrapper is a purely power damage focused trait line, not only does the minor trait just convert power damage into barrier, but the grandmaster trait working best with the flamethrower setup also just increases the power portion of might and even reduces the condition damage portion.

So I think flamethrower scrapper works best with power stats. When I lead squads for world bosses in PvE, I enjoy using commander stats personally. It has power and precision for the power damage output, toughness to make me even harder to kill on top of all my barriers and concentration to get more of the juicy stability, might and other boons I stack.

You can probably make condition damage setups work, but then you should forego the third grandmaster trait in scrapper's line, since it decreases condition damage gains from might by 15.

Edited by Kodama.6453

35 minutes ago, backhand.4281 said:

So I take from your response that stacking expertise does nothing for my dmg output when wielding the flamethrower.

Like you can make a condition flamethrower build in open world work, but I wouldn't go scrapper then, I would just go core or Holosmith in that case.
As @Kodama.6453 said in his reply; Scrapper beeline you into a power setup.

If I should make a whacky build focused around as much burning I could, with a bit of CC break bar dmg I would go something like this:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PegAoqlJw6YhMRWJWyX2vNA-e

Stacking expertrise should get the burning from flamejet up to like 10 seconds duration. and you got a ton of burn from the other parts of the build

Yeah I'm gonna start working on getting the commander armor set then and stack power, like you all have suggested.

Just kills me that I invested in a useless set of armor and rings etc. Can't even sell them cause they're soulbound, lol.

Edited by backhand.4281
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, backhand.4281 said:

Yeah I'm gonna start working on getting the commander armor set then and stack power, like you all have suggested.

Just kills me that I invested in a useless set of armor and rings etc. Can't even sell them cause they're soulbound, lol.

Well, just cross fingers for the EoD elite spec to be condi damage oriented. We never know, it could bring something new to the "watch the world burn in flames" thing 😁

Edited by Yorito.5170
Phrasing

I would assume you would want a viper's set since scrapper gets a health buffer from power damage making vitality less useful and the flamethrower also has pretty good power and condition damage both, essentially allowing you to apply solid direct damage and long lasting burn and bleed, the lower precision easily balanced out with the firearms crit traits, this would also make the entire ability set useful, and possibly renegade runes for condition damage and crit damage with 7% more condition damage.

But again, that's just what I would assume.

18 minutes ago, Stalima.5490 said:

I would assume you would want a viper's set since scrapper gets a health buffer from power damage making vitality less useful and the flamethrower also has pretty good power and condition damage both, essentially allowing you to apply solid direct damage and long lasting burn and bleed, the lower precision easily balanced out with the firearms crit traits, this would also make the entire ability set useful, and possibly renegade runes for condition damage and crit damage with 7% more condition damage.

But again, that's just what I would assume.

But from what I could gather, condi dmg isn't really affecting the flamethrower? Power is more relevant?
Vitality = bigger health pool and that is a good thing, right?

This is all very confusing, lol.

27 minutes ago, backhand.4281 said:

But from what I could gather, condi dmg isn't really affecting the flamethrower? Power is more relevant?
Vitality = bigger health pool and that is a good thing, right?

This is all very confusing, lol.

as a scrapper part of the strike damage you deal from power grants you barrier which means you could more or less use power as vitality while still using a condition oriented build. I mean there's usually more than one way to build things, especially when you have a weapon with strong power and condition damage both, while it may seem like you don't apply many conditions, the main one you do apply is burning, constantly which is by far the strongest per stack and each crit you do also has a 33% chance to bleed targets for a while in pve (which at 10 attacks per cycle and super high crit rate is somewhat significant)

your 2 skill can apply 3 stacks of burning on a really low cooldown which is pretty massive while the fire wall also applies a lot of burning as well as your main attack applying burning also, your flamethrower toolbelt also applies 3 stacks of burning for even longer so you easily have high condition damage tools in there.

Basically the entire flamethrower is of course centered around applying burning but also has a pretty strong direct damage on it's 1 skill but super lower power damage on everything else.

Edited by Stalima.5490

You can try a grieving / precision gear and prioritize bleeding or burning with runes; and Kinetic Accelerator trait.

Something like that http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PeQAIlFwsYdsGWKW+SatXA-zVJYsRBfZERB0aC4zA-w (This is really experimental)

But honestly, just go full berserker firearms+explosives with Applied Force;  runes of Strenght for better might uptime; it's easier and I believe a lot stronger.

Hello friend, this is the build I run with my scrapper

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PeQAIlRw6YQMHWKO+LetfA-zRRYiRBrI4yIuCIwEQtB-e

With it i rarely ever die and kill everything pretty fast too, it shines when fighting multiple enemies, and helps build lots of stacks of might pretty easily. I usualy manage to have perma stability, 25 stacks of might and fury, with lots of barrier too....i mainly use marauder and rampager with rune of the pack

Edited by Dakmarios.8407

I've been using Diviner's myself, although that does come with the caveat that I was doing so when you automatically got quickness for having might over a certain cap, so the idea was to maximise Quickness uptime while also having a high Might uptime. Now that that synergy has been removed, just going berserker might be better. Or, alternatively, adjusting the build to work in more superspeed to allow for quickness generation again (with Sanguine Array and high boon duration you might not need Mass Momentum for might, so you could go with Gyroscopic Acceleration and Kinetic Accelerators for quickness). Will have to experiment when I get the opportunity.

18 hours ago, backhand.4281 said:

Please dont go commander gear. its terrible in pve. Trailblazer is together with celestial the most busted set for open world but not for flamethrower camp engi. In fact flamethrower is one of the worst choices for engi to camp, the damage output is atrocious unless you are using it in a condi build for #2 and #4.

You could just go with berserkers. a full set costs not even 10g and it scales best with scrapper and impact savant. The more damage you do the more barrier you get. Then again hammer or bomb kit would increase damage and thanks to impact savant survivability a lot.