How to fight vs condi specs?

Ragnarox.9601

Well I am not new to revenant, was playing herald power build in wvw, and I have trouble with some specs farting conditions like rain. I have condi cleanse on weapon swap, using wvw/pvp power build and still often die to condition builds.

My main is guardian and I dont have problems with those things cause most of my skills remove condition (yea firebrand is op). Damage is mostly the same on both professions. But willbreaker seems crappy for next xpac so I am hyped for revenant gs new elite and I hope its melee type.

So how to fight vs condi necro, thieves, ele ?

ps. Why are utility skills so expensive on shiro ? This skills should cost at least 25% less due to problem with survivability. 

It's a natural weakness with Power Revenant, just like when you play condition (or the times Mallyx was actually able to manage Poison) it was easy to counter them but vulnerable to Power/Hard CC.

Typically you want to keep your Staff for defensive purposes, it doesn't add much DPS. Should you be using cleansing sigils on it you'll be able to survive quite a few condi bursts.

As Herald you should always keep Infuse Light for the biggest burst to heal from then have Staff with Shiro stance ready to process with an en masse cleanse.

As Shiro you want to avoid using Daggers when you have Poison because it takes a big toll on your healing and missing strikes is even worst.

Energy Costs are high because Revenant is OP without them, the profession is about sharing a ressource pool in between offensive and defensive plays.

Fair to say that playing Revenant you need to make sure you always have a sustain route, overextending does allow for big offensive plays but then you'll find yourself probably dead if miscalculated.

Edited by Shao.7236
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

Is really hard to do it, condi is probably your biggest weakness.

Condi Necro is easy if you play Renegade with Shiro/Jalis. Stability + Shiro disengage is an enormous counter here. With Herald is harder, I think the most obvious way would be baiting Shroud and once the Necro exits Shroud, just go in and combine CC with burst. You probably won't kill it before the next Shroud but as Herald against Core Necro you should always dominate the flow of the battle, specially if you can disengage with Shiro.

Condi Thief is simply busted, just kill it before it kills you. Be careful to NOT waste your damage during the Blade Storm elite. If it's a core thief and you have a good sustain strategy, you could try to exhaust it's initiative since Pistol #3 has a really big cost, by combining dodges with Staff #3 and #5 and maybe even Sword #3 or even the scenario in your favor. The issue would be the thief running away into stealth to recover, but you could avoid this by using a target painter.

As for Ele, I simply don't think is a fight you win. Conditions are busted, elementalist is busted, Celestial and Trailblazer are busted. Unless you are way better than your enemy, you shouldn't really have any potential burst against it (up to 2 invulnerabilities, permanent protection, almost permanent regeneration, nice stability uptime...). Is just a class that kills you from boredom, I had defeated many as Core, Renegade and Condi Herald, but I'm not really sure about Power Herald.

I agree with your thoughts about Shiro. It isn't that strong to need those energy costs. Seems like a joke to me that Willbender and Shiro will exist in the same game with such numbers.

• Like 1

The Herald power mainstream build (with swords, staff and Shiro + Glint) is lacking in condition cleanses which is a fair trade off for having high mobility, powerful burst and high sustain in even fights. The other weakness is the lack of stability which is compensated by very good breakstuns, and as Shao says you can enhance your cleanses with sigils and runes.

Another way to deal with the problem is going Glint + Jalis and using hammer + staff or hammer + sword & shield in this configuration (this is a build that I run oftenly at Conquest in PvP -with Demolisher amulet-  and sometimes while roaming:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PmwAIx7lpQHsLqhhROML6hJSfsCKgl+UVzF-z1YYhoevDV4ESXh0YBkZI0bG41A-w

Each 25 seconds I have 2 cleanses in the shield, 2 cleanses in the weapon swap, 2 cleanses in the legend swap and 5 cleanses in the Jalis heal, which amounts for 11. The build has tons of damage mitigation, broad access to stability and between planar protection and Field of the Mist the uptime of anti-projectile blocks is insane. Absolutely lacks the mobility of sword & sword Shiro + Glint, but between the access to chilled (sword #2, hammer #3, Elemental Blast), Forced Engadgement  and Chaotic Release there's plenty of cc to slow down or kite enemies, and can tank for a looong while. Is not the best duel or solo roaming build but be fairly good in 1 vs 1 and scales like a beast in small skirmishes, because can hit like a truck at range with good AoE pressure in mele and shares a ton of benefits: damage mitigation, access to stability, etc.

Another good alternative is running  condi Renegade (full viper, trailblazer or a mix, Nightmare or Torment runes) with short bow + staff, Shiro and Jalis; Retribution 1,3,3 Devastation 3,3,3 and Renegade 2,2,2. Doesn't has as many cleanses or damage mitigation but has a lot more mobility and can deal with burst of conditions while dealing itself a crazy amount of condition pressure (is also one of the fastest solo roamer builds you can make). Positioning is the key of how safely can be played, and if your foe/s lack projectile hate it can melt targets in seconds. 

I had fun with both builds in WvW and PvP fighting heavy condition damage dealers as Necros, Mesmers, Thieves and lately even trap Rangers with short bow.  Mele power Glint + Shiro can work vs heavy condi builds, but can't kit at range and foes with broad access to fear or a lot of mobility can be extremely dangerous.

Mallyx+Glint / celestail stats / runa of torrmenting / sigil to lose 3 condi on swap (swaping legends counts when holding weapon with that sigil)
Traits Permeating Pestilence(transfer 2 condi when u swap any legend''need to be in range'')  and Core Value( Facet of Nature—Demon 2>3 transfer condi on mallyx) so that 5 condi 2 on swap and 3 on skill when u realy need also when switch to staff u clean 3 condi + Cleansing Channel alwasy remove 1. With this set up no more condi on you insted all gone or transfer on target. gl

That the link to build if u want more dmg go with vipper insted of celestail stats.
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PmxAkeZlhQKsIyiJRXMICjBSiMBqgj6UWTH-z1IY1wXKdWA5mA9GBdHCefRCieLXOtB-w

• Like 1
  • Haha 1