Chaotic transference support buff idea.

ZeftheWicked.3076

Chaos Armor (staff skill 4) is begging to be an aoe support skill (chaos aura for allies).
So here's my idea for improvement:

Chaotic transference:
Chaos Armor now affects nearby allies (5 targets, 360 radius).
Chaos AURA (effect, not staff skill) you apply grants protection (3s, 15s icd)
Gain regeneration when you gain protection (same numbers as before)

Pros of this change:

1. Situational, on demand protection for group play.

2. Good protection access for selfish builds with Persistance of Memory trait.

3. Balanced trade-offs.
    -  In group setting you cannot abuse it due to icd.
    -  In solo setting you must go illusions for long prot uptime, which aren't a great sustain or support line.
    -  Chrono's position as near infinite prot provider in group setting remains unchallenged.

Edited by ZeftheWicked.3076

So I like the idea but I’ll just add to your suggestion and say that they can just add the: Transmute Chaos effect to Chaos Armor. So then it essentially can give nearby allies chaos armor or better yet, give nearby allies 3 or 5 random boons.

For those curious about “Transmute Aura” as Mesmers Chaos Armor is the only one that doesn’t have it.

Edited by Tseison.4659

I don't know about transmuting of any kind (that would prolly force the trait to grandmaster tier), but I think  sharing chaos aura should be a memser thing, just like ele can share his elemental ones (frost, fire, shocking etc).

But right now that is near impossible. Only way a mesmer can give others some chaos aura is through blast finisher + ethereal combo, and only blast finisher he has is Prestige.
Chaos Armor (staff skill) has 25s base cooldown so I think it wouldn't break the camel's back to have it grant chaos aura to allies if you trait for it.

• Confused 1

On 9/2/2021 at 10:48 PM, ZeftheWicked.3076 said:

But right now that is near impossible. Only way a mesmer can give others some chaos aura is through blast finisher + ethereal combo, and only blast finisher he has is Prestige.
Chaos Armor (staff skill) has 25s base cooldown so I think it wouldn't break the camel's back to have it grant chaos aura to allies if you trait for it.

Imho, a better solution would be:

• Make Chaotic Transference work on Chaos Aura (no ICD for Protection)
  • Make Staff #4 a Blast Finisher by default

Having 2 Staff traits is just counter-intuitive. It annoys the heck out of me...

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, Xaylin.1860 said:

Imho, a better solution would be:

• Make Chaotic Transference work on Chaos Aura (no ICD for Protection)
  • Make Staff #4 a Blast Finisher by default

Having 2 Staff traits is just counter-intuitive. It annoys the heck out of me...

I like that staff 4 being blast finisher part - simple, effective, gets the job done, and better playmaking potential than just fixed chaos aura. Good job on that one!

The icd on Prot needs to stay though because of leap finishers. Party play-wise all's balanced and good after your changes.
But in competitive we could end up with perma prot mirages, because they have a lot of ethereal fields and leap finishers to get personal chaos aura from. Just think about main hand sword ambush and Jaunt.

Edited by ZeftheWicked.3076

6 minutes ago, ZeftheWicked.3076 said:

The icd on Prot needs to stay though because of leap finishers.

That is exactly why it shouldn't stay there. If people decide to invest into Leap Finishers, Ethereal Fields AND pick this specific trait, they should be rewarded for it. If the trait get's an ICD for Prot, you might pick it if you run Chaos anyway. But you most certainly go Chaos for that one trait. And I'm not sure if it was able to compete with the other two traits.

Yes, Mirage does have more Leap Finishers. But contrary to your claim, currently popular builds don't really have too many Ethereal Fields. Actually, Sw/Sw Chrono might end up being better at utilizing such a  trait. In the end, picking Chaos is most likely a damage decrease and naturally, it should come with some defensive/supportive benefit.

Now, if you're thinking of stacking Prot with 1 field on Mirage... Sure, that would work on Staff/Sword Mirage. But then it's your opponents fault if they bring 0 Boon removal, really.

• Like 1