Are Choya gathering tools worth it?

I find it to be highly subjective.  Best for what?  Sounds like you mean for profit, which is something I don't chase.  So for me the absolute best are the glyphs that speed up harvesting time.  Which I then insert in the fastest channel tools -- Volatile Magic takes *forever* to extract a node compared to faster animations -- so I can run to a node, harvest, and keep going with barely any delay.  Handy in aggro-rich areas or while in a crowd of players doing an event or when leading a friend through open-world story sections.  Exception:  For my foraging tool I prefer the glyph that gathers all plants in the area in one swipe.

Being able to harvest faster might be a value increase for you as well.  No little dinky bonus mats but more main mats gathered in the same amount of time.

• Like 1

Not sure how things stack up, the with watchwork sprockets back above 2.5s, I think my investment on that might have paid off.  Especially once they let the glyph get removed and I put it on my logging axe and hit the elder wood cluster near Pagas Waypoint.

Of course, one can actually by watchwork tools for just karma.  So that makes them even more worthwhile (though not sure how they compare to others)

They did the math

https://fast.farming-community.eu/gathering/glyphs

Typically on the order of 10's of thousands of strikes to be net profitable, although I think the numbers there are for buying the unused glyph right off of the TP and not the tool from gemstore.  Either way, some simple math can help you figure it out based on current gold --> gem ratio.

Edited by thehipone.6812
  • Like 1