Why I think this game is dying

ComeAndGetThem.3152

8 hours ago, DeanBB.4268 said:

Wait, didn't Crowfall kill this game? 🤣

You're...joking right? Crowfall is a sinking ship. It's basically WvW on crack---at first glance, that is. You'll have fun for a few days until you realize doing anything as a solo casual is boring as hell. You'll join a huge guild not ever knowing where anyone is at any given time, ever. You'll be FORCED to join discord amongst 20+ other players who are doing their own thing. Meanwhile you'll constantly get steamrolled by classes you'll never win a 1v1 or 1vX to because they out gear you. There are so many QoL functions that the game needs, it just feels like an unfinished game. It absolutely should not have been released yet.

People are actually coming back to GW2 (especially after leaving WoW) because it is still one of the Best PvP MMORPG games there is and this is pre-expansion. Players are familiar with Guild Wars. 

Edited by Saiyan.1704
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

The game mode is dying because the devs have chosen over the years to not properly support it. The pvp inbgw2 has a lot of untapped potential due to its combat mechanics and potential build diversity. Unfortunately anet delivers very few balance updates, when they do they are low effort. Skills and utility skills outdated and or in need of reworks never see those reworks. On top of this the modes never change whether in the form of mode type or maps even, after years of the same modes/maps players are bound to get bored, especially if their class barely sees any changes in the form of balance or reworks. This stagnation results in a lot of players leaving for other games pvp even if the other games pvp is a little inferior because it's refreshing playing New classes,skills,pvp modes, maps etc. For example I've been playing eso and having a blast in its pvp and cyrodiil but I also know gw2 pvp is overall superior but after so many years it got stale.

Hopefully after EOD anet actually puts some work into improving the modes, balance and content that already exists, by effort I mean real effort not the lazy approach that has been the norm here for years. Wouldn't hold my breath tho.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 9/12/2021 at 3:05 AM, ComeAndGetThem.3152 said:

When you play your main in pvp and try hard and have rating X and when you try a new class with very little experience and chill Q and still maintain rating X, then whats the point of try harding?

Didn’t read after this (to the moment), want to say something about this. 

it’s strange but everyone have something like “personal intuitive play-style”. Sometimes you (visually) like one things, but play better with others (with similar balance). 

I like magic very much, and can play “not so bad”, but I can’t play with range builds well. I can kite opponents and CC them… but every other moment I want to close the distance and kite around opponent (melee-style) rather than maintain distance. Yes - I know what I should do, but… still in melee 🤣

So - even if I liked Mesmer very much and played with him very effectively - I believe that I’ll change my main to rev from EoD and next. Because it’s much more compatible with my play-style. 

In WoW I was a hunter main for a long time but play better with paladin or death knight. Even when hunter was much higher in tier’s rank. Yep - good aim and knew pretty much everything about hunter-class, played with it earlier than even create paladin/dk … but still - just not my play-style. 

In GW2 perspective - when Spellbreaker was S+ tier in PvP, I couldn’t play it well. Not my “rhyme” of play and just don’t like it in damage perspective - so can’t effectively  “feel” class-mechanics.

Edited by Loules.8601
Typos (T9🥲)
  • Haha 1

On 9/14/2021 at 7:49 AM, Saiyan.1704 said:

You're...joking right? Crowfall is a sinking ship. It's basically WvW on crack---at first glance, that is. You'll have fun for a few days until you realize doing anything as a solo casual is boring as hell. You'll join a huge guild not ever knowing where anyone is at any given time, ever. You'll be FORCED to join discord amongst 20+ other players who are doing their own thing. Meanwhile you'll constantly get steamrolled by classes you'll never win a 1v1 or 1vX to because they out gear you. There are so many QoL functions that the game needs, it just feels like an unfinished game. It absolutely should not have been released yet.

People are actually coming back to GW2 (especially after leaving WoW) because it is still one of the Best PvP MMORPG games there is and this is pre-expansion. Players are familiar with Guild Wars. 

https://clips.twitch.tv/BetterRamshackleHornetMoreCowbell-Zubyr_sJh4_78Aat 

Sure the people are coming back are people? :))))

On 9/12/2021 at 1:46 AM, The Greyhawk.9107 said:

PvP isn't and has never been the primary game mode of GW2, even if spvp does die PvE and (probably) WvW will be fine.

There was a time briefly around HoT where anet actually pushed sPvP in a big way. Also anet never has said what they think of as the "primary" game mode (unless I missed it). Though, if you're talking about player numbers then yes you are correct.

On 9/12/2021 at 9:07 PM, HowlKamui.5120 said:

That comment wasn't directed at you mate. You drunk or something 😁

OMG I can't believe I missed this thread. That dudes comment judging and attacking drinkers distracted me from the OP's message. Agree with the OP but I guess I'm an idiot too according to one person coz I had a glass of wine last weekend at a get together with college professors, business people, artists and etc. The one thing we all had in common was that we were all marathon runners before the pandemic. 

Great come back BTW.