"Return to" personal story achievements

DLR.9823

Hello guys,

Ive finished all my personal story (core + expansions + living world + icebrood saga) recently (last month) , and now there are achievements being unlocked under the "return to" colection every week.

Is there a way I can get these achievements without having to complete the stories all over again?

Thanks!

• Confused 1

The achievments in the "Return to" events tend to be combination of 

1) Doing a certain number of events in zone
2) Doing Bounties (if they exist in zone)
3) Mining a certain number of ore,wood,plants etc
4) Doing a race
5) Doing an adventure, such as the Griffon Expert/Master
6) Replaying certain parts of the story.

So whilst you can go to the unlocked zones and do most of the stuff without replaying the story, you will have to replay certain parts if you wish to get the final reward for that maps new events.

You could do it as a party with another player, who does the story, you will get credit at the end, but that still means being in the story for the duration, you might as well do it!

Bear in mind the number of "new" achievements to get the final reward are tight. If there are 18 "new" achievements then 18 are required for the final reward.

Also all of the achievments are tied to a tiered system which will give a legendary Amulet and also unlock an item which will you will be able to redeem for a third generation Legendary pre-cursor in End of Dragons.

The rewards for each of the achievments are pretty nice too, you end up with 250 of each of the zones currency, Mystic coins etc.

If you visit the following link and scroll down a little it will show you what you get for completing the various tiers.

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/guild-wars-2-live-fall-and-winter-2021/

Hope this helps.

Edited by Andy.5981
  • Like 2

Ye I have been doing the first 12 achievements available, but now I will have to replay the story for the next releases.

I already have the percursor, and now im aiming for the 32 slot bag xD

Thought there could be a way to avoid replaying the story, but ill just do it for the XP and achievement then.

Thanks!

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

With a few notable and possibly buggy exceptions (looking at you, Caithe's Recon Squad 😠), you don't have to replay the entire story chapter from beginning to end. Just restart the chapter and find the purple stars that take you directly to the relevant instances. You skip the boring overworld busywork. The "Return to" achievements don't usually require every single instance in the chapter, anyway.

...That said, some of the "single" story instances are very very long (looking at you, Return to Sandswept Isles and Kourna 😡)

• Like 1

Ye I know, but for example there was an achievement in domain of kourna I think, that you had to find missing armor pieces for a mastery point, that although I made it before the return release, I was able to not do it again. The return achievement was awarded right after I spoke to the NPC, without having to repeat it. Hence the question

• Confused 1

24 minutes ago, DLR.9823 said:

Ye I know, but for example there was an achievement in domain of kourna I think, that you had to find missing armor pieces for a mastery point, that although I made it before the return release, I was able to not do it again. The return achievement was awarded right after I spoke to the NPC, without having to repeat it. Hence the question

There are no achievements to find missing armor pieces in Domain of Kourna or any of the returns to that I can remember.

Btw, just to say that the purple stars were very usefull. Was able to do all the last 2 "return to" story achievements in around an hour and half. Didnt know about them, but it is really nice to do the achievements without repeating the whole story and dialogs.

• Like 2

On 9/14/2021 at 7:11 AM, Raizel.1839 said:

Do the story with another character, so it won't be a total waste of time and you get some addtional reward.

On 9/15/2021 at 4:23 AM, DLR.9823 said:

Btw, just to say that the purple stars were very usefull. Was able to do all the last 2 "return to" story achievements in around an hour and half. Didnt know about them, but it is really nice to do the achievements without repeating the whole story and dialogs.

I'm so torn on this. I was thinkng I would use the return to do story on a character I haven't played much, to learn it. But now that I know about purple stars, it'd be nice not to have to redo the entire thing.

Hmmmm.....