11111 mirage... but axe

Noodle Ant.1605

my best impression of staff gameplay but with choppy tool instead of sticc:

why t4 pug? why no cms/raids?

it just happens to be where i spend most of my time that counts as endgame instanced content, plus the pugs at this level are generally more chill with all the weird builds i play (like core ele). given the nature of the build and the bosses im fighting against, you can probably judge for yourself whether or not this build works in other pve content

do you recommend this build?

its a typical condi build with a proper ramp up time and requires certain conditions and setup to work properly. its no cfb/scg, so if you expect this build to function similarly, prepare to be disappointed. otherwise, its a simple build for those who are interested in condi dps mirage but dont want to deal with shatters and or the constant repositioning from axe #2 and #3 (which dont need to be used in this build)

build link

Edited by Noodle Ant.1605
added build link
  • Confused 3

This has always been the case for mirage dps. The ambushes are really strong, especially with infinite horizons. So if you have 3 clones up and auto attack and ambush, that's basically 75% of all your dps. But if you want to maximize your potential, you need to do other things as well. 

If you compare Alacrity mirage to Alacren, mirage deals more single target damage if there is ramp up time. But against several enemies at once, Alacren is simply better.

Edited by Nezekan.2671
  • Like 2

28 minutes ago, Levetty.1279 said:

I watched for 10 seconds and saw you use multiple skills. Don't know where this idea came from that mirage just spams 1, why can't people just be honest and admit they want the build nerfed due to an irrational hatred of Mesmer.

True. I don't know why he is lying about it though. When the screen is blurred he literally activates all skills, and then shows a few seconds of just auto attacking with ambushes.

It also the best fight for confusiuon in fractals. Its like he planned a video to lie about this. Mesmer ambush is strong, but its not this strong, as the way he wants to show it in the video.

He conveniently left out fights where the is no ramp up time and there are several enemies. Mirage does absolutely nothing in those scenarios, which is plenty in fractals.

Edited by Nezekan.2671
  • Like 3

39 minutes ago, Levetty.1279 said:

I watched for 10 seconds and saw you use multiple skills. Don't know where this idea came from that mirage just spams 1, why can't people just be honest and admit they want the build nerfed due to an irrational hatred of Mesmer.

true… but nowhere did i state that the build only spams 1. ‘11111 spam’ is now just another term for ‘presses 1 a lot’, which the build does from time to time. i dont believe anyone who plays this game long enough actually believes such thing exists, i might be wrong though

18 minutes ago, Nezekan.2671 said:

True. I don't know why he is lying about it though. When the screen is blurred he literally activates all skills, and then shows a few seconds of just auto attacking with ambushes.

It also the best fight for confusiuon in fractals. Its like he planned a video to lie about this. Mesmer ambush is strong, but its not this strong, as the way he wants to show it in the video.

He conveniently left out fights where the is no ramp up time and there are several enemies. Mirage does absolutely nothing in those scenarios, which is plenty in fractals.

i think both of you are far too fixated on the title and are speculating way too hard. i have not even said this build is good, i said to use your judgement. why? as you pointed out (and i have written) - there is ramp and there are situations where the build can be garbage. there is no intended falsehood except that which you make up yourself

• Haha 1

Reminds me of why it is I gave up on using axe mirage for most of the game.  This was back at a time where the golem benchmark was around 28k before including confusion.  I spent cumulatively several hours just trying the rotations over and over again, and I kept coming up at around 20k.  Highest I ever got was 22k, and I got this by swapping illusions out for chaos, and using a really simplified rotation where I just spammed ambushes and the auto attack.  It is pretty demoralizing to learn that days of your best effort were somehow worse off than doing almost nothing at all.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Gameplay of any class can be described as spamming skill 1-skill 0, and when you get familiar enough to the class it'll start to feel too simple. I've always liked a gameplay where you can use your dodge skill as part of damage rotation, whether it is mirage, thief, or ele from old days. It gives additional layer of decision making toimprove your damage in sacrifice of defense, and makes the gameplay more fun.

Now I see these players just mindlessly play mirage in-game or on youtube. But in reality, 90% of them I see in-game do miserable DPS, significantly less alac uptime compared to RR if they're in that role, and die a decent amount of times maybe because they literally spam 1 and don't know when to use dodges. Then on youtube, as you can see in this video as a good example, they're just being carried hard by the rest of the group (ie. lots of heals from HB when they fail a lot of mechanics, and the good boon uptime in general from the group).

Edited by Farball.7260