Turn OH pistol into MH pistol and what about condi cleanse?

Ferus.3165

19 hours ago, Kodama.6453 said:

Sure, this doesn't change much. I am just saying I don't think that anet will do it at that point anymore. They advertised the elite spec with an offhand pistol already, changing this up to a mainhand weapon seems weird. I think it is too late for such a change, they will stick to what they have and just tweak stuff here and there, but not making as massive fundamental changes as making the offhand pistol a mainhand one.

I just think this is not realistic.

But it does change a lot for the class, youd see people activly taking pistol for PvP as now its not competing against shield, warhorn or even sword for defence options. In WvW this allows the warrior to actually chase down dealing damage before they get closer switching to the mechanic weapon.

This current offhand pistol has the most bizarre range i have ever seen, 240. If they change this number will people take it? No they wont because like i said before its going up against some of the most needed weapons to survive. What about pve? The only massive use this weapon has is abusing Lush Forest by reducing CD's by 1s every 5s.

It is not too late to make this change at all, Between now and the next beta this could easily be added into the game, changed from offhand to mainhand. Which honestly needs to be done, Warrior is the ONLY core class in the game which has no access to any 1 handed ranged weapons, still even in EoD which I was counting on providing. Instead we have this strange melee pistol which sacrifices sustain for average damage.

What about the video? They already made it, its a full commitment now.
Simple answer is no its not. You delete the video and reupload a new one with the changes in it. (since its a small part at the end its not much footage to retake).

• Like 1

I find it weird Pistol does not bring anything new at best is axe 2.0 for bladesworn.
Warrior still lacks mobility of hand and ranged offhand, so CMC said they made pistol to fill a niche on warrior the other weapons don't, well it doesn't do anything that is needed or new.
Well I'm open on the prospect of reworking offhand sword to mobility weapon so it does have a niche but as all off hands on warrior that is wishful thinking so maybe pistol needs some work since there is still a chance.
If pistol is to say the range and mobility weapon just give it, the gap closer is there so give it more range, the Dragon roar is there give it more range, they even made it a pseudo auto attack ,cool, give it shorter recharge cd so you can spam it like a normal basic attack with the trait. Everything is there to make it Offhand weapon that is pseudo main hand it just needs range to fill the kitten niche.

Edited by Vancho.8750
  • Like 2

It feels like new weapon (off-hand pistol) was only added because Anet had to (or else people would REEE). Pistol is completely overshadowed by Gunsaber-mele rifle. I was hyped about new pistol weapon, that the spec would focus more on it, some cool medium range bursty skills (which pistol 5 almost is, but not really), but pistol skills are so bad in terms of damage and range that it's as if Anet didn't want it to compete at all with other off-hands. They called it flavor, but what is flavor for when it is significantly worse than alternatives? Why can't we have multiple GREAT alternatives instead and then we can pick flavor? Why making "flavor" utility skills intentionally weak/underwhelming only to incentivize using core skills which we have been using for years?

Sadly, I doubt Anet will change off-hand pistol to mainhand, or add main-hand pistol, because the whole point of Gunsaber is to be the focal point of the specialization, instead of classic pistol weapons. And this is sad 😞 My motivation to finish HOPE legendary dropped quite a lot, given how useless it seems it will be.