How viable will rev be?

Nawazake.1963

Hello all,

So coming back after a few years off i have been playing for around about 2 weeks and decided to main my rev.

So far so good and i play fractacls etc with my condi build.

With EoD soon to come out, i just wondered how viable will rev be in terms of raids/fractacls/wvw etc?

It may sound silly, but i dont want to put my time into a class for it to be outshined or not be used in the 'meta'.

Hope this makes sense

Thanks

16 hours ago, Virdo.1540 said:

How viable rev will be? 

Renegade will still be meta in all pve things... as power, condi ,alac and healer 

and wvw-zerging through hammer/alac

and pvp/wvw-roaming with shortbow

Will dropped from being meta if Anet updates the alacrity from 10 players to 5 players like it did with herald facets, altough i think that would be a wrong thing to do.

One of the issues with Herald being the weaker rev build was in fact lost the 10 ally facets w/o any trade, in fact Herald elite upkeep was actually nerfed in the protection boon apliance as well.

Edited by Aeolus.3615
  • Confused 2

4 hours ago, Aeolus.3615 said:

Will dropped from being meta if Anet updates the alacrity from 10 players to 5 players like it did with herald facets, altough i think that would be a wrong thing to do.

One of the issues with Herald being the weaker rev build was in fact lost the 10 ally facets w/o any trade, in fact Herald elite upkeep was actually nerfed in the protection boon apliance as well.

5 man alac in wvw is still op for siege

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

15 minutes ago, Virdo.1540 said:

5 man alac in wvw is still op for siege

Like some one told me in this game.... Alacrity does no damage so its useless.

If people knew what is possible to do with some rev stuff  even reduce damage on structures from siege :)

Edited by Aeolus.3615
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

12 minutes ago, Aeolus.3615 said:

Like some one told me in this game.... Alacrity does no damage so its useless.

If people knew what is possible to do with some rev stuff  even reduce damage on structures from siege :)

you mean heralds f2 dwarf facet on walls?   Its just optical. 

And alacrity makes rams & catapults shoot faster through lower cooldown, so it improves damage over time by a lot

11 minutes ago, Virdo.1540 said:

you mean heralds f2 dwarf facet on walls?   Its just optical. 

And alacrity makes rams & catapults shoot faster through lower cooldown, so it improves damage over time by a lot

Dont think so, 4% shot become 2% hits and 2% becomes 1%, and the repair suply drop on wall is more eficient since walls dont get damage as faster as getting normal damage.

Theres 3 classes that can stack damage reducers, ive been in situation  on QL wall  to be damage from SMC treb needed 2 shots to make 1% damage(on the 100% wall health), treb from smc does arround 2-3% damage  of the 100% strtuctural HP.

I know about alacrity  my group always used that even before was kewl (way before PoF) :) inntialy back in HoT days people woud laugh "look at this noob thinking boons work on siege" .

Even on support classes that get the alacrity makes the mantras charges recharge faster, and the damage skills, it was ajust a funny comment towards what some wvw players tell me about alacrity.

Vindicator and Renegade seams like they have very interesting possible variations, its Just Herald atm that feels a but to much weak compared to the other elite specs, Herald is just a self buffer with fury and m8 that players use to burst with  assassin for example, Rev Herald needs its 10 facets back  :( or somethign arround that.

Edited by Aeolus.3615
  • Confused 1