called it

felix.2386

9 minutes ago, cryorion.9532 said:

Yes, I get that. I prefer something more complicated to Decapitate spam Berserker, too. But Bladesworn is not complicated in right way. As I wrote in the previous comment, why are there even 10 bullets when most of the time you are going to use either max bullet count for max damage or simply 5 bullets if you use 3rd GM trait for max damage. Using different bullet count is unoptimal and/or very situational. If the curve of damage increase from charged bullets is exponential, you will never want to use less than 10 bullets in PvE unless you want to finish a mob faster. According to CMC from Friday's stream, the damage curve in PvP/WvW is different since it is more difficult to stay in one place for 5 seconds. So bullet count above 5 is practically useless and gives too little damage gain for how risky it is. 

And by overly complicated, I also meant that you can't use F2 from normal weapon set, too. Or that you can't exit F2 into normal weaponset. There is nothing really that complex about Bladesworn once you realize that you want to spam ammo skills to 0 with Lush Forest trait. And if you don't use Lush Forest trait, the complexity decreases even more.

Preach. 

35 minutes ago, Kodama.6453 said:

If the charge time is halved in PvE, the benchmark will go even further up (currently being around 52k if I am not mistaken).

Either leave the charge time at least in PvE or reduce the damage potential of dragon trigger.

And if the charge time is halved in PvP, then I don't know if it is warranted to also double it's damage. Seems a bit overkill for me.

The damage in PvP/WvW is overly small even if the charge time is halved. And yes if the charge time in PvE is reduced the top end numbers would have to change you are correct.

7 minutes ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

The damage in PvP/WvW is overly small even if the charge time is halved. And yes if the charge time in PvE is reduced the top end numbers would have to change you are correct.

From the feedback I saw, the damage is around 7k, this number doesn't seem to change alot if you take the trait which halves the max stacks.

Your suggestion is to half the charge time, if you take the trait to reduce the charges, then you charge for 1 1/4 seconds. If the damage is doubled on top, then you hit for 14k for just a 1 1/4 charge time.

That seems alot for me. Especially since the trait allows back to back dragon triggers. Just if the information I got so far is correct, tho.

Edited by Kodama.6453
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Kodama.6453 said:

From the feedback I saw, the damage is around 7k, this number doesn't seem to change alot if you take the trait which halves the max stacks.

Your suggestion is to half the charge time, if you take the trait to reduce the charges, then you charge for 1 1/4 seconds. If the damage is doubled on top, then you hit for 14k for just a 1 1/4 charge time.

That seems alot for me. Just if the information I got so far is correct, tho.

While being immobile mind you and requires a resource to drain. Seems about right to me.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

While being immobile mind you and requires a resource to drain. Seems about right to me.

1. Not completely immobile, since flicker step exists.
  2. Additional aegis to cover the channel time.
  3. 1 1/4 seconds of being immobile to cast a skill is... really not that bad. There are quite some skills which lock you in place to get cast. One example: prime light beam, has 1 1/4 seconds cast time as well and locks you in place. So funny enough, prime light beam would make you even less mobile than dragon trigger, because of the mentioned flicker step.

Honestly, if the charge time is shortened that much, I don't see it warranted to deal 14k damage. Either double it's damage or half the cast time, but both is overkill in my opinion.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

1 minute ago, Kodama.6453 said:
  1. Not completely immobile, since flicker step exists.
  2. Additional aegis to cover the channel time.
  3. 1 1/4 seconds of being immobile to cast a skill is... really not that bad. There are quite some skills which lock you in place to get cast. One example: prime light beam, has 1 1/4 seconds cast time as well and locks you in place. So funny enough, prime light beam would make you even less mobile than dragon trigger, because of the mentioned flicker step.

Honestly, if the charge time is shortened that much, I don't see it warranted to deal 14k damage. Either double it's damage or half the cast time, but both is overkill in my opinion.

We can agree to disagree Kodama, but the warrior mains seem to all feel like it does too little damage and takes too long to charge in competitive.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Aaron.1294 said:

@Kodama.6453u shouldn't compare prime light beam to dragon trigger. Instead u should compare it to skills such as engi's toolbelt, holo mode etc. Also prime light beam is bad only in competetive mods, while in pve it provides huge value

I just used prime light beam to show that 1 1/4 seconds cast time is not this unusual in the game and didn't warrant any other skill to be a 14k nuke for any other class. So I don't see having to charge for 1 1/4 to be enough reason to warrant this skill to hit as hard as Lan was suggesting.

The investment/payoff ratio is off, I agree on that. I just don't think that it is ok to address both things, effectively quadrupling the effectiveness by halving the charge time AND doubling the damage. One of these 2 should suffice.

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, felix.2386 said:

nop, power spellbreaker sustains better then full healing power shout bladesworn. these barrier, shout numbers can not keep up with the number full counter mitigates, specially in team fight, in situation where spellbreaker sustains, bladesworn will get deleted, against actual good specs.

also vindicator out heals you in one jump.

I thought a full healing power Bladesworn would be better buts its not, Spellbreaker is still better due to full counter. Even with a normal weapon swap timer (no disc) Spellbreaker is still better. Once you start throwing in some reasonable amounts of CC from enemies all you see is countdown timers and swapping takes forever on Bladesworn.

Strength Spellbreaker can hit easy 9k Arc Dividers while flipping moving.....no self roots required

Bladesworn was a complete flop for me. Its definitely a PvE spec to me.

• Like 2