Map completion yet Achievement is saying different.

There're some hidden places on maps that doesn't count against the map completion but for the achievement. In this case, there's a hidden cavern (and a jumping puzzle) at the southeastern part of the map named Demongrub Pits. People usually miss the Beggar's Burrow cavern at north too. These areas doesn't have POIs and such.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Dawdler.8521 said:

Map completion isnt an achievement. You either have all waypoints, PoI, vistas and hearts... or you dont. Check what the numbers say.

While I agree and obviously these are conflicting. I have already found the items on the list for the achievement. to add to this I have gone to the direct location of the items i am supposedly missing in the achievement and they won't pop. im assuming this is a beta issue because how can i have found items already yet the achievement not only doesn't recognise this, but wont recognise it again if i don't have them by its own account.https://ibb.co/JKJvyRC

55 minutes ago, InfiniteRetro.9865 said:

im assuming this is a beta issue

It's not an issue, it's a feature. Beta characters live in their own space, or more precisely on a snapshot taken off of your account the moment you created that character. Nothing you do on the beta character has any influence on your "real" account, including loot, wallet currency, and achievements.

• Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, Rasimir.6239 said:

It's not an issue, it's a feature. Beta characters live in their own space, or more precisely on a snapshot taken off of your account the moment you created that character. Nothing you do on the beta character has any influence on your "real" account, including loot, wallet currency, and achievements.

so what would be causing the achievement to not recognise what has already been found?

This has nothing to do with the beta. It is an issue with the tutorial achievements. When they were added a few years back, they didn't  give credit for anything you had already discovered at that point. You need to discover those points with a character that doesn't have them yet in order to complete the achievement.

Edited by Elennilda.3162
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, Dawdler.8521 said:

Map completion isnt an achievement. You either have all waypoints, PoI, vistas and hearts... or you dont. Check what the numbers say.

Map completion IS an achievement.

There are exploration AP's that involve map sections with and without POI/Vista/Hearts or WP per account.

There are also the new player AP's which as stated above require a fresh run at them, as they are no inclusive of work done before they were released.

1 hour ago, Elennilda.3162 said:

This has nothing to do with the beta. It is an issue with the tutorial achievements. When they were added a few years back, they didn't  give credit for anything you had already discovered at that point. You need to discover those points with a character that doesn't have them yet in order to complete the achievement.

I had a sneaking suspicion this was the case but thank you it will make it far far easier now to be able to get those. Thanks again!

1 hour ago, Deedrick.4372 said:

There are exploration AP's that involve map sections with and without POI/Vista/Hearts or WP per account.

There are also the new player AP's which as stated above require a fresh run at them, as they are no inclusive of work done before they were released.

Except map completion and the achievements you are talking about is two entirely different things. 

The only way map completion is an achievement is when you tolerate PvE just enough so you can actually complete it. Unfortunely, thats not tracked.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, Deedrick.4372 said:

It’s not except for world completion. Exploring all areas in a region is completely different. 

This is map completion. 

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Map_completion

Achievements to reveal all areas in a region are explorer achievements. 

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Explorer

Edited by mythical.6315
  • Like 2