Liking weaver but unsure worth using

Zeep.3725

I currently just wondering if ele has any place. Always liked the look and idea of the ele but also been afraid to really invest time into them just due to the somewhat lackluster performance and issues. I started playing weaver and honestly really like it alot more than some other classes but unsure if it just be a dead end.

I'm not sure what game type you're talking about, but weaver's performance is fine afaik. If by "lackluster performance" you mean damage, then you're probably doing your rotation wrong, which is quite complex in the beginning. But once you get used to it, it just flows like water and the damage is good. The thing with weaver is that it takes much more effort to perform well compared to some other classes.

I advise you to check some builds/guides about how to play it correctly (e.g. Metabattle / Snowcrows ).

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ZXC.9703 said:

I currently just wondering if ele has any place. Always liked the look and idea of the ele but also been afraid to really invest time into them just due to the somewhat lackluster performance and issues. I started playing weaver and honestly really like it alot more than some other classes but unsure if it just be a dead end.

The problem with weaver is the complexity of rotation and skills. If you don't want to play the piano in order to be viable then i would suggest other spec.

The places power weaver excels tend to be places power tempest is also decent due to large hitbox sizes.
Since it doesn't burst as hard unless you stack up lightning hammer and glyph of storms you're generally better off playing other classes. Unless you enjoy spending two times the effort to do the same thing and being at the mercy of boons I'd advise playing something else for now.

Weaver is simple to understand.

In pve, Buffs loop themself easily, there is no real skill order, there is room for shortcuts and mistakes. If you can't do 35K on golem, I'm pretty sure you won't even understand soulbeast rotation, or DH engage, renegade rotation with sigils on legend and weapon swap, ... which all ask precise, and timed, skill order to not lose 20-40% of DPS.

The big issue, mainly in pvp modes but also in instances : how to manage sustain with dps ?
Unintuitively Weaver can't do everything.
Sustain is mainly active defense with no other function,  requiring investment in defense traits, defense utility skills, healing power, vitality etc, and also your attitude with dodges, placement... But DPS also need investments in utility skills, damage modificators.

While on other classes they can have mechanic that grant both sustain and dps or don't ask compromise or not big one.  (For example virtues F2-F3, sand shades, lifesteel on revenant, etc)

But also, weaver is selfish, it doesn't grant boons or buffs to allies, and even with all damage modificator is still reliant for boons (might, quickness, protection etc), in addition to be reliant for support as we saw.

In summary. Weaver isn't hard to understand, to read. Of course you need fingers, good keyboard mapping... but you don't need full focus and engineering degree; that is a lie.

People focus on the "hard rotation", but the reason why ... is because weaver doesn't bring anything  to the party but DPS, and you even need the party to carry you on healing, boons, mechanics... So yeah, to be worth it, at least you need to really work your rotation and know instances to not die like an id-iot. If weaver had 6k barrier and grant quickness to 10 allies, already rotation would feel "easier", and people would be more complacent too; you know what I mean.
But, the real intrinsic fact; the complexity comes from the balance between sustain and dps incredibly hard to obtain and different for everybody.

Edited by Zhaid Zhem.6508
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, ZXC.9703 said:

Reddit and the forums could give you the wrong idea about weaver.  That it brings very little to a group outside of generally competitive damage while having a fairly complex rotation and low health and armor is all true.  That doesn't make it a useless class, though.  It can still be very enjoyable and effective in every game mode, despite what you may have heard!

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, AliamRationem.5172 said:

Reddit and the forums could give you the wrong idea about weaver.  That it brings very little to a group outside of generally competitive damage while having a fairly complex rotation and low health and armor is all true.  That doesn't make it a useless class, though.  It can still be very enjoyable and effective in every game mode, despite what you may have heard!

This ^^