What's the future of raids in GW2?

Xar.1387

@Zenith.7301 said:Rewards for open world challenges is a really bad idea. It will breed truly toxic environments as your rewards are completely outside your control unlike dungeons and raids where you can choose who is in your group.

I disagree, otherwise why did they add those 5 AP rewards for those achievements? And extra unique rewards as well.All I'm saying is that if they added something little extra for finishing the extra achievement for those fights, then newer players would get a chance to finish those, and make the fights themselves more exciting. All those extra achievements promote the encounters and require the player to do something better.

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@maddoctor.2738 said:

@Zenith.7301 said:Rewards for open world challenges is a really bad idea. It will breed truly toxic environments as your rewards are completely outside your control unlike dungeons and raids where you can choose who is in your group.

I disagree, otherwise why did they add those 5 AP rewards for those achievements? And extra unique rewards as well.All I'm saying is that if they added something little extra for finishing the extra achievement for those fights, then newer players would get a chance to finish those, and make the fights themselves more exciting. All those extra achievements promote the encounters and require the player to do something better.

It's just that, one time extras. They're bound to happen somehow, but are not expected as the norm.

If you get challenge mote rewards ala CM in open world, people will come with the expectation of obtaining them, and will resent and berate others if they don't get them because it is truly a matter of luck whether you get a group of appropriately geared and competent people to do a challenge mote in open world.

I think you underestimate the sheer level of incompetence that is present in the population that participates in open world. It's why training raids are riddled with players doing as little as 6k DPS or less in the training runs I carry. On my weaver or mirage while I'm doing raid training, I am carrying about 5 people, doing their combined DPS.

These are the very people who bring a 1.7k toughness rabid soulbeast to Xera and horribly fail the DPS checks on the shards.

I don't want open world challenge motes with these people in mind. My rewards on open world shouldn't rely on luck of the draw on whether the pugs I get are these sort of people or those used to triple trouble.

@Zenith.7301 said:If you get challenge mote rewards ala CM in open world, people will come with the expectation of obtaining them, and will resent and berate others if they don't get them because it is truly a matter of luck whether you get a group of appropriately geared and competent people to do a challenge mote in open world.

Have you ever done Shatterer after the revamp?

@Vinceman.4572 said:Sorry, to say but you have a huge lack of information and it seems your knowledge about the lfg isn't clearly better. Sometimes it makes sense to admit mistakes or lack of knowledge and apologize.

This morning, I sat on a HotW LFM, "all paths" for over half hour, no one joined, feeling frustrated, I put up a T3 "dailies" which filled in 32 seconds flat.

But yah.. I have no idea about reality of the game.

@STIHL.2489 said:

@Vinceman.4572 said:
Sorry, to say but you have a huge lack of information and it seems your knowledge about the lfg isn't clearly better. Sometimes it makes sense to admit mistakes or lack of knowledge and apologize.

This morning, I sat on a HotW LFM, "all paths" for over half hour, no one joined, feeling frustrated, I put up a T3 "dailies" which filled in 32 seconds flat.

You are comparing dailies for fractals with a HotW all path lfg posting? During off hours on top of all? Cool, seems legit objectivity wise.

Have you tried running something not daily related on fractals?

Or better yet, do your comparison during prime time when comparing such nonsense?

@STIHL.2489 said:

@Vinceman.4572 said:
Sorry, to say but you have a huge lack of information and it seems your knowledge about the lfg isn't clearly better. Sometimes it makes sense to admit mistakes or lack of knowledge and apologize.

Lol, after this post nobody will take you seriously in this forum anymore. Well played!

Archived