Weird "hitching" with DX11?

Not sure how to describe this but, with DX11 on, it's a big improvement in terms of "smoothness" of moving the camera around. WIthout DX11 on the FPS are lower but there's also this strange turn your camera stutter/moment of loading lag.

But now with DX11 on, that's solved but now there's this weird almost like hitching/input delay impact. So when I go to move forward or something it's like I feel this weird input lag or stutter almost where there's like a fraction of a second lag/delay/stutter from the time I press my key to move and when I see the action happening.

Anyone else experiencing this?

35 minutes ago, Marikus.1875 said:

Not sure how to describe this but, with DX11 on, it's a big improvement in terms of "smoothness" of moving the camera around. WIthout DX11 on the FPS are lower but there's also this strange turn your camera stutter/moment of loading lag.

But now with DX11 on, that's solved but now there's this weird almost like hitching/input delay impact. So when I go to move forward or something it's like I feel this weird input lag or stutter almost where there's like a fraction of a second lag/delay/stutter from the time I press my key to move and when I see the action happening.

I'm not sure if it is the same thing, but just this past week I started noticing the game will sometimes do a strange half-second "pause" and then resume like nothing happened. I wondered if it was my connection, or some lag loading a new area. Has been smooth otherwise.

5 minutes ago, Tanek.5983 said:

I'm not sure if it is the same thing, but just this past week I started noticing the game will sometimes do a strange half-second "pause" and then resume like nothing happened. I wondered if it was my connection, or some lag loading a new area. Has been smooth otherwise.

Yeah this sounds exactly like what I'm feeling and it's definitely new and wasn't there when I first turned on the DX11 beta. It's like a weird pause feeling lol. My FPS doesn't dip when it happens either, so idk what to make of this?

On crowded events/metas like TD, when Chak Gerent appears and a couple dozen players start attacking. Fps dips for a few seconds and then ramps up. If you take a waypoint and then go back to fight with a mount it again dips and ramps up.

Is this what you are referring to? If so there are a lot of factors I believe to be the matter than just the render thread.

Edited by fatihso.7258

17 hours ago, fatihso.7258 said:

On crowded events/metas like TD, when Chak Gerent appears and a couple dozen players start attacking. Fps dips for a few seconds and then ramps up. If you take a waypoint and then go back to fight with a mount it again dips and ramps up.

Is this what you are referring to? If so there are a lot of factors I believe to be the matter than just the render thread.

This does not seem to be the case, at least for me.

In events like that, I expect the fps drops and it is nothing new. What has been happening recently seems independent of what is going on around me. The last couple times it happened to me yesterday, I was in the Sand Dune Caverns part of the Silverwastes JP and you can't get much more deserted than that. 🙂

I hope it is not the type of hitching that has plagued other MMO's in the past,  like Vanguard. It happened with movement, a small hickup every few seconds and it seemed to be related to the game loading textures of the harddrive.  Back then people were advised to use an SSD but even then it happened to a lesser degree.  I hated it to the point where the game was unplayable for me.

An occasional freeze is ok, this happens in GW2 sometimes when there are a lot of people around and you swirl your character around, but that seems to be totally FPS related.   The hitching I refer to in Vanguard happened constantly, almost at regular intervals, even with no other players around. 

On 10/3/2021 at 2:48 PM, Tanek.5983 said:

This does not seem to be the case, at least for me.

In events like that, I expect the fps drops and it is nothing new. What has been happening recently seems independent of what is going on around me. The last couple times it happened to me yesterday, I was in the Sand Dune Caverns part of the Silverwastes JP and you can't get much more deserted than that. 🙂

I think yours is something like the black desert online fps problem that game has insanely short render distance and should you get packed action or move fast, then you get weird fps 'cuts' until engine gets done with rendering and sorting stuff, it lasts less than a second but screen cuts and frames stop. Same as the above user mentioned, running an SSD helps but not solves the problem. Bottlenecked by the game engine design itself. 

I hope gw2 is not gonna have this kind of problem and should be solved asap before new systems and maps built on top of it with this problem...

On 10/2/2021 at 6:02 PM, Marikus.1875 said:

With dx11 beta turned off I got rid of these stutters and constant crashes on boss battles.