revenants renegade

hedap.5801

hello.

so, I recently got around to play the revenant class, renegade to be precise... and the shortbow, is a bit of a turn off. 🙃

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=03CjKUwJNp4

no other bow in the game behaves like this.

Arena net, please clean up renegades shortbow.

sorry to those that camp the forums and probably see similar posts ona daily basis, but -  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

I'll add to this that the legendary renegade utilities have the same kind of problem, and prevent targeting areas for completely arbitrary reasons. I personally think of the renegade shortbow as less of a bow and more of a staff/spellcaster style of weapon, but it's still really annoying being screwed out of half your functions because of some awkward terrain feature. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Some time it will not let you do the AoE (4) and say that the area is out of your sight line while if you try with Thief's Shortbow you don't have any problem, sure those have a projectile component that make it easier to balance. But the Ranger's Longbow doesn't have such a projectile (i think) and a way less difficult AoE to place

• Thanks 1

Renegade is in a weird spot where it is fundamentally mechanically clunky but became viable because the numbers are (or were, in the case of the stance) so good. Shortbow has seen some cleanup in regards to actual skill behavior, but issues like the one in the OP allude to some of the awkward root design choices of the spec.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, ArthurDent.9538 said:

It's never made sense that the weapon that fires arrows through mist portals cannot use spirit crush on targets behind you while thieves, warriors, nade engi's etc. have no problems firing projectiles backwards while running forward at full speed.

This

They either need to fix this on SB and specially Hammer or change the other classes to work the same way.
And it should be a priority since this also affects the balance to a large extent.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1