Serious D/C issues

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've lost count how many times I've lagged and dc'd tonight. Many of my guild mates and dungeon run mates got huge lag spikes and dc'd. If it is DDOS, sorry to hear that! I know you all are doing your best as usual! Keep it up! Those flee bags won't keep the GW2 community down!

Perth, Western Australia here. Had dc's & BSOD since yesterday afternoon. Blue Screen error indicates an nvlddmkm.sys error. Anyone else getting that? Latest Nvidia drivers uninstalled and reinstalled. Can sit in Character Select screen for ages with no issues but once ingame no matter the map I get lag spikes then BSOD. I don't see anyone else mentioning the BSOD nor the nvlddmkm.sys error within the BSOD screen report. Hope it's sorted soon.

I don't get any major spikes (that I can see in-game) but that dang notice 'you have failed to connect to the game server' comes up constantly while running about, can't view TP, says I need to log in to view it .... because that makes a lot of sense O_oSo I am there... but just not there.

@DKzPixel.3792 said:Perth, Western Australia here. Had dc's & BSOD since yesterday afternoon. Blue Screen error indicates an nvlddmkm.sys error. Anyone else getting that? Latest Nvidia drivers uninstalled and reinstalled. Can sit in Character Select screen for ages with no issues but once ingame no matter the map I get lag spikes then BSOD. I don't see anyone else mentioning the BSOD nor the nvlddmkm.sys error within the BSOD screen report. Hope it's sorted soon.

Blue screen of death errors are usually related to corrupted or faulty hard drive or RAM. You can run some tests to check if your disk or RAM is at fault:Run Disk CheckThis check is to help you verify that whether the problem is caused by your hard drive.

1) On your keyboard, press the Windows key and X at the same time, click Command Prompt (Admin).When prompted with the administrator permission, click Yes.2) In the command prompt window, type in the following command and press Enter.

chkdsk /f c:Note: If the setup file of your Windows is not stored in disk C, you need to replace the c: with the appropriate disk letter.Type Y and restart your computer for the disk check to start.

You’ll see the checking process happening when you restart your computer. Wait for it to finish.Run Memory TestThis test help you verify that the RAM is not producing errors.

1) On your keyboard, press the Windows key and R at the same time to invoke a Run command. Type mdsched.exe in and press Enter.2) You could click Restart now and check for problems (recommended) to check the status of your memory card right now, or click Check for problems the next time I start my computer if you are too occupied now.If you don’t see any error here, it’s likely that your memory card is not causing any issues.

you can also uninstall and reinstall but you will not know if it is storage or memory issue.

you could also run a cmd: sfc /scannow as administrator to look at your windows file integrity it will fix error and give you a report if something is not fix.

@stephanie wise.7841 said:lotsa stuff

Unfortunately this isn't my first time at the rodeo :)

Have tested all that. RAM is fine, HDD is fine, Windows file integrity all good. I can run Entropia Universe with no issues. All other software runs fine. The ONLY program that does this is GW2. This time GW2.DAT came back as fine, unlike the last time we had a DDoS attack. Thanks for your reply though. It would be awesome to know what the problem is unfortunately it may be a case of waiting a few days for the next patch.

The fact that the BSOD error is indicative (nvlddmkm.sys) of a clash with the new Nvidia drivers which were also updated yesterday (about the same time these issues cropped up). Rolling back the driver didn't have any effect.

Going to try a clean install of nvlddmkm.sys will be my next step. If I succeed I'll be sure to post here. I do wonder how many of those with similar problems also run an NVidia card?

DKz PixelThe Order of Digital Knightz

i had this issue very often in events especially, i have Fullscreen issue now which i don't know what happened because it was working yesterday so it's not about my PC, i have some very high ping and too low FPS (Graphic card Intel HD Graphics 4400 & connection speed 400-200 kb/s) (FPS 7-10 & ping 12n-1,nnn)Just to update something about Fullscreen: it works fine in window & windowed fullscreen, OS: Windows 8 Pro x64

Have the Anet Admins confirmed these massive lag spikes and DC's are indeed coming from DDoS hackers -- and not simply too many players using Overlays which are over-taxing the API server(s) ? Seems folks are saying the drops are coming mostly during PVP or WVW or Raids/Dungeons, the same places that Overlays are popular... just a thought.

@andrew.3401 said:Have the Anet Admins confirmed these massive lag spikes and DC's are indeed coming from DDoS hackers -- and not simply too many players using Overlays which are over-taxing the API server(s) ? Seems folks are saying the drops are coming mostly during PVP or WVW or Raids/Dungeons, the same places that Overlays are popular... just a thought.

People are dropping in open world too.

@"Gaile Gray.6029" said:Those of you who were playing back in July may recall the situation then.

As we posted at the time, "Guild Wars 2 currently is experiencing lag issues related to a DDOS attack. We’re very sorry for the inconvenience that our players are encountering."

Someone is really upset with the delay on the balance patch

@kharmin.7683 said:

@"Gaile Gray.6029" said:Those of you who were playing back in July may recall the situation then.

As we posted at the time, "Guild Wars 2 currently is experiencing lag issues related to a DDOS attack. We’re very sorry for the inconvenience that our players are encountering."

Someone is really upset with the delay on the balance patch

And wants to make the rest of us suffer. Cool person. [/sarcasm]

@DKzPixel.3792 said:

@stephanie wise.7841 said:lotsa stuff

Unfortunately this isn't my first time at the rodeo :)

Have tested all that. RAM is fine, HDD is fine, Windows file integrity all good. I can run Entropia Universe with no issues. All other software runs fine. The ONLY program that does this is GW2. This time GW2.DAT came back as fine, unlike the last time we had a DDoS attack. Thanks for your reply though. It would be awesome to know what the problem is unfortunately it may be a case of waiting a few days for the next patch.

The fact that the BSOD error is indicative (nvlddmkm.sys) of a clash with the new Nvidia drivers which were also updated yesterday (about the same time these issues cropped up). Rolling back the driver didn't have any effect.

Going to try a clean install of nvlddmkm.sys will be my next step. If I succeed I'll be sure to post here. I do wonder how many of those with similar problems also run an NVidia card?

DKz PixelThe Order of Digital Knightz

did you try to roll back to a previous version? press windows + x, management, device, graphic card, property roll back to previous version. (nvlddmkm.sys is the NVidia graphic driver store in the windows/sys.32driver file. you could also look if you have a extra install user for update s15 something that was made by NVidia updater before windows 10 and was causing some issue with windows 10 at one point. they recommended to remove that. you could also look in device to see if there is not some conflict between program.

hope this helps you.

@DKzPixel.3792 said:Perth, Western Australia here. Had dc's & BSOD since yesterday afternoon. Blue Screen error indicates an nvlddmkm.sys error. Anyone else getting that? Latest Nvidia drivers uninstalled and reinstalled. Can sit in Character Select screen for ages with no issues but once ingame no matter the map I get lag spikes then BSOD. I don't see anyone else mentioning the BSOD nor the nvlddmkm.sys error within the BSOD screen report. Hope it's sorted soon.

I used to have many of these nvlddmkm.sys crashes, they were random, could happen in any map or instance and, for me, not related to DCs. The ONLY thing that fixed it for me was down clocking the video card. As you said, all other games work fine and all the hardware, software and OS come up clean. I never did find a proper fix for it that didn't involve down clocking. I'm not saying it will fix your problem, but it's a test to keep in the back of your mind, if the problem don't go away after the DDoS attack is over.

Archived