Now that Engi gets mainhand mace - Fix at least offhand pistol

SeTect.5918

offhand pistol 4 is pretty okay in case of damage.

But glue shot is really a thing that needs a total rework. Even the cripple makes no sense, slowness would fit more. Maybe some (small) pulsing damage. Basically same strike damage as on Flamethrower 4. Adding a little bit poison would be nice too. Maybe 2 seconds duration or something like that. Or even replace Glue shot by a something different with confusion/poison/bleeding. Something like aether field or whatever, would fit to mechanist. Or even Acid shot, oil shot, or whatever, let ur imagination free but make it useful.

This comment describes also an issue with pistol 4 pretty well. (Blowtorch cant hit enemies on higher or lower terrain)

I mean pistol needed a rework of glueshot and so on with holosmith already but now we get another e spec without offhand option and pistol offhand is our only way to go as offense option and its still so....bad, both as power and condi.

Edited by SeTect.5918
  • Like 4

As I have been saying in many other topics:

Rework Rifle melee shotgun-esque power weapon

Change Pistol 4/5 to longer range condi to fit with 1/2/3.

The fact that Rifle and Pistol are confusing mix of close and long range attacks with CCs that do literally no damage is sad. They just have no proper identity.

• Like 1

Engineer really needs a couple more weapon options period.  I would love if they'd go back and add a torch offhand and another mainhand to core engineer - maybe axe or dagger.   Engineer has the fewest weapon options of any class by a large margin.

Also I'd really just like a torch to pair with my mace =p

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, GoldenPants.1870 said:

Well, for good reason too.

In core days, yes. But over the years, the game got more and more bloated so I think having a little more choices in core weapons would be fine.

The situation also is now starting to cause problems when it comes to design space.

With the current set of core weapons on engineer, they basically never can give us an elite spec with an offhand weapon (torch, warhorn, focus). Especially not as a power variant. With our core weapons, there is just one mainhand weapon choice to pair these with: pistol. This is terrible for build diversity and forces all our offhand weapons which will get added in the future to be condition weapons, simply because pistol is purely a condition weapon.

Giving us just some new core weapons could change this greatly. 

• Like 3

21 hours ago, Kain Francois.4328 said:

I sincerely believe no weapon swap for engi is an outdated idea that doesn't really fit the modern GW2 landscape. But I could be wrong.

Would Engineer break if it had access to weapon swap?

We wouldn't benefit that much from weapon swap anyway, since we don't have a weapon pool to actually chose from.

If you play power engineer, what are you going to swap to from rifle? Another rifle?

Edited by Kodama.6453
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Kodama.6453 said:

If you play power engineer, what are you going to swap to from rifle? Another rifle?

Actually if u play holo u can swap to sword/pistol and if u play scrapper u can swap to hammer.

However rifle is so bad that u better camp hammer or sword/pistol all the time xD Tho as holo u can at least swap from pistol to shield.

Also as condi engi its problematic because u can only use Pistol/Pistol and Pistol/Shield. But as condi engi shield is a massive dps loss bc Blowtorch (Pistol 4) is the best pistol skill.

As mechanist its also better to camp pistol all the time instead of swapping to mace, bc mace is so bad atm.

So...yes I agree, engi has so low weapon choice that weapon swap wouldnt help much. It would make the condi engi rota even more complicated while increasing dps by maybe 100 dps. Tho atm u even lose dps if u would use a 2nd weapon set as condi engi.

However engi has so low weapon choices and all of them are so outdated and clunky except the e spec weapons. Tho 2 of 3 e specs have to be paired with the outdated core weapons. (Mace/Pistol - Sword/Pistol)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SeTect.5918 said:

Actually if u play holo u can swap to sword/pistol and if u play scrapper u can swap to hammer.

However rifle is so bad that u better camp hammer or sword/pistol all the time xD Tho as holo u can at least swap from pistol to shield.

Also as condi engi its problematic because u can only use Pistol/Pistol and Pistol/Shield. But as condi engi shield is a massive dps loss bc Blowtorch (Pistol 4) is the best pistol skill.

As mechanist its also better to camp pistol all the time instead of swapping to mace, bc mace is so bad atm.

So...yes I agree, engi has so low weapon choice that weapon swap wouldnt help much. It would make the condi engi rota even more complicated while increasing dps by maybe 100 dps. Tho atm u even lose dps if u would use a 2nd weapon set as condi engi.

However engi has so low weapon choices and all of them are so outdated and clunky except the e spec weapons. Tho 2 of 3 e specs have to be paired with the outdated core weapons. (Mace/Pistol - Sword/Pistol)

I was talking about core engi there, not elite specs.

And a spec like holosmith would most likely not get weapon swap added, even if they give it to other engineer specs. We already have photon forge as another weapon set available for holosmith. Considering that they specifically removed weapon swap from bladesworn because of the added gunsaber, I can't imagine them adding weapon swap to holosmith.

11 minutes ago, Kodama.6453 said:

I was talking about core engi there, not elite specs.

And a spec like holosmith would most likely not get weapon swap added, even if they give it to other engineer specs. We already have photon forge as another weapon set available for holosmith. Considering that they specifically removed weapon swap from bladesworn because of the added gunsaber, I can't imagine them adding weapon swap to holosmith.

Yea I know tho I wanted to still say that it even wouldnt help any e spec of engi too. E spec weapons are just so much better that weapon swap would be a dps lose actually.

However they wont ever add weapon swap to engi anyway.