Is condi renegade with bow a thing in wvw SPVP?

Axl.8924

In WvW condi Renegade with short bow is fairly effective in duels, solo roaming and small skirmishes EVEN against foes with powerfull anti-missile tools. This is due the combo of Shiro + Jalis and trailblazer + viper stats provides you sustain and health recovery enough to make that in some of those fights those tools from the enemy start to enter in cooldown, and a few well placed burst of condi stacks can finish foes very fast if they fail to cleanse the conditions. Think also that the combo of stats, runes and sigils in WvW are massively stronger that what you can get in the dull array of PvP echosystem.

For PvP instead short bow Renegade usually runs power stats (zerker or demolisher amulets), since you don't have viper (albeit grieving is available), bursting and malice sigils or nightmare runes. Is NOT the strongest Rev build (power Herald and even condi Herald are usually above) but I just saw todays automated matches in the Teapot streaming and there were short bow renegades in the quarter finals, so the build can definitely work and be viable.

Is not easy to value its weight on void, tho; this afternoon in one of the matches a team was riding two necros + 1 condi herald and in that context the condi herald was a stronger choice since Invoking Torment + Permeating Pestilence being unblockable and ignoring blind had a beastly outcome in teamfights.

But yeah, overall Renegade short bow albeit not the strongest or skill demanding build from competitive Revenant is very viable. Some builds will counter you but that doesn't mean that used well can't win fights even against the odds.

9 hours ago, Buran.3796 said:

In WvW condi Renegade with short bow is fairly effective in duels, solo roaming and small skirmishes EVEN against foes with powerfull anti-missile tools. This is due the combo of Shiro + Jalis and trailblazer + viper stats provides you sustain and health recovery enough to make that in some of those fights those tools from the enemy start to enter in cooldown, and a few well placed burst of condi stacks can finish foes very fast if they fail to cleanse the conditions. Think also that the combo of stats, runes and sigils in WvW are massively stronger that what you can get in the dull array of PvP echosystem.

For PvP instead short bow Renegade usually runs power stats (zerker or demolisher amulets), since you don't have viper (albeit grieving is available), bursting and malice sigils or nightmare runes. Is NOT the strongest Rev build (power Herald and even condi Herald are usually above) but I just saw todays automated matches in the Teapot streaming and there were short bow renegades in the quarter finals, so the build can definitely work and be viable.

Is not easy to value its weight on void, tho; this afternoon in one of the matches a team was riding two necros + 1 condi herald and in that context the condi herald was a stronger choice since Invoking Torment + Permeating Pestilence being unblockable and ignoring blind had a beastly outcome in teamfights.

But yeah, overall Renegade short bow albeit not the strongest or skill demanding build from competitive Revenant is very viable. Some builds will counter you but that doesn't mean that used well can't win fights even against the odds.

Its interesting you'd think renegade might do better vs thief players since it looked maybe i'm wrong but when i saw vallun play teef against daredevil it was a pretty hard matchup, especially since they can always be out of range of herald aoes.

Then again SPVP and WVW work differently and he was in WVW.

Edited by Axl.8924

6 minutes ago, Axl.8924 said:

Its interesting you'd think renegade might do better vs thief players since it looked maybe i'm wrong but when i saw vallun play teef against daredevil it was a pretty hard matchup, especially since they can always be out of range of herald aoes.

The thing is that in WvW being realist you can't kill a Thief in 1 vs 1 if He plays well and is build up to be able to disengage and reset the figth. Since in WvW there's no "control points" to contest a Thief can change his position as many times as He wants, and the mix of shadow step access and stealth + a viable ranged weapon which also provides him mobility slants for them most of the fights against most of classes and builds. As Vallun says "if the match is unfavorable you can always chose to leave".

I play a wide array of roaming builds in WvW (mostly from Revenant and Guardian classes): power Herald, condi (celestial) Herald, core Rev Hammer, condi Renegade, celestial Firebrand, power DH (trapper)...   Builds have their own advantages and handicaps and my overall favourite is staill power Herald BUT I think that currently the fastest solo roaming build for things as farming WvW chest pips cruising the maps to cap sentinels, camps, and fighting other roamers in 1 vs 1 or small n vs n skirmishes is this one:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PmgAUZlxQHsOqhxROMP6hRSfMCKgl+U2LF-zRZYBREQGsZUwKlMDhejgOKgQSAhHA-e

...Because does good damage, has plenty of sustain, a lot of cleanses, is able to pressure at range and engage in mele if needed, has decent mobility, plenty of cc, important hate projectile tools (a well placed Planar Protection while landing Sevenshot is oftenly what had give me a fight against a elusive ranged target as a Mesmer or Ranger). Has also AoE stability and mitigation, which is great for teamfights. But is weaker gainst pure mele fighters than power Herald and sometimes I've more success using celestial Herald in 1 vs 2 because Permeating Pestilence is a hell of a drug...

But take in consideration: Thief will always be a better roaming class due stealth and the better mobility. Which is fine since they are clearly lacking in other areas as PvE's AoE damage...

12 minutes ago, Buran.3796 said:

The thing is that in WvW being realist you can't kill a Thief in 1 vs 1 if He plays well and is build up to be able to disengage and reset the figth. Since in WvW there's no "control points" to contest a Thief can change his position as many times as He wants, and the mix of shadow step access and stealth + a viable ranged weapon which also provides him mobility slants for them most of the fights against most of classes and builds. As Vallun says "if the match is unfavorable you can always chose to leave".

I play a wide array of roaming builds in WvW (mostly from Revenant and Guardian classes): power Herald, condi (celestial) Herald, core Rev Hammer, condi Renegade, celestial Firebrand, power DH (trapper)...   Builds have their own advantages and handicaps and my overall favourite is staill power Herald BUT I think that currently the fastest solo roaming build for things as farming WvW chest pips cruising the maps to cap sentinels, camps, and fighting other roamers in 1 vs 1 or small n vs n skirmishes is this one:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PmgAUZlxQHsOqhxROMP6hRSfMCKgl+U2LF-zRZYBREQGsZUwKlMDhejgOKgQSAhHA-e

...Because does good damage, has plenty of sustain, a lot of cleanses, is able to pressure at range and engage in mele if needed, has decent mobility, plenty of cc, important hate projectile tools (a well placed Planar Protection while landing Sevenshot is oftenly what had give me a fight against a elusive ranged target as a Mesmer or Ranger). Has also AoE stability and mitigation, which is great for teamfights. But is weaker gainst pure mele fighters than power Herald and sometimes I've more success using celestial Herald in 1 vs 2 because Permeating Pestilence is a hell of a drug...

But take in consideration: Thief will always be a better roaming class due stealth and the better mobility. Which is fine since they are clearly lacking in other areas as PvE's AoE damage...

Are there any streamers i can look up to watch pvp vids of power herald in SPVP? i dunno why i'm so interested but for some reason i am.

10 minutes ago, Axl.8924 said:

Are there any streamers i can look up to watch pvp vids of power herald in SPVP? i dunno why i'm so interested but for some reason i am.

Notorius Naru sometimes plays power short bow Renegade in PvP, but the chances are that youren't going to catch him oftenly doing that because He mains Necro, Engineer and Guardian, so most of the time is what He will showcase. 

You have a very good guide hire, albeit with not much gameplay:

More gameplay:

Edited by Buran.3796