Gem Shop crashes the game

Ok,  this is crazy and has to be on Anets End.   

I have 2 accounts my main account which from 9 years and a 8 year old account.   

My main account the game crashes on Gem Store immediately .  I tried everything but hit my PC with the Rubber Chicken.   

So, I decided to login with my other account.   And we immediately able to go to the Gem Store .  No problems.   

Same Computer,  Same Settings.    

I'm at a lose.   I submitted tickets.  Which we know what the Tech is going to say.    

Tech: Did you Clear cache ?     Me:   Yes,  and  it works on another account. 

Tech: Did you do a Repair ?      Me:   Yes and it works on another account

Tech: Is all overlays removed and Update done on your PC          Me:   Yes and it works on another account

Tech: How about uninstalling and Reinstall                     Me:   Googling another game that will take my money. 

Please fix before sale which starts tomorrow.    

This bug started showing up on tuesday. My store still shows the "discount banner" from that day (i think volatile magic permanent tools were on sale then) and then while trying to refresh the store, it crashes. I repaired the game, disabled all addons and overlays and it fixed nothing. 

I have been sending crash reports everytime it cashes and i hope other people do the same so they get flooded with those issues until they are bothered to fix it. At the end this is right before the big sale and a lot of money will be lost too.

Anet, please fix this I wanna give u money.

Edited by shotahunter.9157
  • Like 1

It's funny how when they finally have the Sales that on items that really matter in the game there Gem Store Crashes. 

Make no Sense.    Can you image if this game was fully  Korean pub game and there Cash shop didn't work.  

They need to remove the whole Gem Store and Payment links from inside the game .    Make the Gem purchases all external and have the Gems as an premium currency in-game like all the other pubs with Cash shops.  We will lose some convenience but this problem just keeps popping up after updates and they don't seem to have a Root Cause to fix it.    Sometimes you need just to do a Rewrite.  My suggestion is continuously Submit Tickets and get this to the top of there Queue.  Very Disappointed.  

Edited by stingray.5160
  • Like 3

Same issue here. I have 4 accounts, 3 of them work on the same PC. When I sign on to my main I get the crash. I have Gems. I want the inventory slots on sale!

I have tried all the updates, reboots, repairs, etc. This is very much something server side sending to my 1 Account crashing it.

Error 80808 no matter what I try when buying gems. Whatever happened to the old in game form for buying gems? Never had a problem with that. Now there is this pseudo-looking website form in game? And I don't want it to save my information. The old one was better - bring it back please.

I want shared slots while they're on sale. I want to spend $$$ but can't.

Edited by Ruufio.1496

I found a strange trick that worked for me.  I was unable to get any of the techniques listed in the previous forum posts to work.  I went to a trading post vendor (a vendor found anywhere in-game), that way the default starting position of the trading post would start with the buy/sell items screen instead of the screen where you purchase items with gems.  Then in the search box I typed in "I am Evon Gnashblade" to switch to the compact view.  This cleared the CoherentUI.exe memory address issues and allowed me to fully access the gemstore purchase screen.  For me the game was being task killed every time I attempted to access the gemstore purchase screen.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 11/27/2021 at 3:43 AM, codesherpa.1275 said:

I found a strange trick that worked for me.  I was unable to get any of the techniques listed in the previous forum posts to work.  I went to a trading post vendor (a vendor found anywhere in-game), that way the default starting position of the trading post would start with the buy/sell items screen instead of the screen where you purchase items with gems.  Then in the search box I typed in "I am Evon Gnashblade" to switch to the compact view.  This cleared the CoherentUI.exe memory address issues and allowed me to fully access the gemstore purchase screen.  For me the game was being task killed every time I attempted to access the gemstore purchase screen.

had same issue this morning and this solution worked for me

This has to be account related, I was logged in waiting for the store to update. Was even browsing around it before the new items dropped, at 10.01 my time I open the gem store to see the new sale items and crash.

I did the (I am Evon Gnashblade) trick and it cleared it up for me.

3rd edit, problem returns after logging back into the game few hours later.

Edited by caveslug.5934

Same problem as everyone else here. Just started recently. Wanted to buy some of the store items on sale but doesn't look like I'll get to. Guess it saves me money!

Tried the 'Evon Gnashblade' workaround and it seemed to keep the store alive for a couple minutes, but then crashed again and continues to crash instantly no matter what I do.

On 11/26/2021 at 2:56 AM, stingray.5160 said:

Ok,  this is crazy and has to be on Anets End.   

I have 2 accounts my main account which from 9 years and a 8 year old account.   

My main account the game crashes on Gem Store immediately .  I tried everything but hit my PC with the Rubber Chicken.   

So, I decided to login with my other account.   And we immediately able to go to the Gem Store .  No problems.   

Same Computer,  Same Settings.    

I'm at a lose.   I submitted tickets.  Which we know what the Tech is going to say.    

Tech: Did you Clear cache ?     Me:   Yes,  and  it works on another account. 

Tech: Did you do a Repair ?      Me:   Yes and it works on another account

Tech: Is all overlays removed and Update done on your PC          Me:   Yes and it works on another account

Tech: How about uninstalling and Reinstall                     Me:   Googling another game that will take my money. 

Please fix before sale which starts tomorrow.    

Same problem here. It crashes on my main account , but not in my alter accounts