It turns out that the 2 most disappointing EoD specs use hammer

On 10/27/2021 at 1:02 AM, Chen kitten Shan.5418 said:

In the end, they still need to modify the values to make the pets usable. But compared to carrying two pets, attacking in a variety of ways, it is really really boring . I hope the next spec of ranger won't be using a scepter to throw wild magic to your pet.

omg, don't give them any ideas 

• Confused 1

On 11/13/2021 at 11:51 PM, solarisnox.8521 said:

wp makes his living off gw2 content.  He is never going to be honest about how unbelievably bad some of these specs are.  It needs to be completely scrapped and a completely different design created.  No one, literally NO ONE wanted another melee weapon for ele.  Even wp admitted that.  Is it really just coincidence that the "catalyst" has a "hammer" and a spiff new "jade gyro"?  No.  It's insulting.

I don't see the correlation.
You should think about what you say before you criticize someone with the GW community for over a decade. With age comes wisdom, and I'd say WP is fairly wise at assessing class design. He mains Ele as well, so I think his insights into the class are fairly experienced.

Claiming someone is dishonest about class balance simply because they are an ArenaNet partner is... disingenuous at best, and fairly uninformed about the partner program.

Speaking of disingenuous, you're claiming nobody wanted a new melee weapon for ele. I can prove you objectively wrong right here, as there are posts on this forum, and around Twitch, which wanted a more frontline "bruiser"-style ele, like Scrapper. The players who wanted that technically got what they wanted in terms of aesthetic, and it's just a matter of polishing the spec itself. Ergo, never assume your own personal opinion is the only opinion. (From a balance standpoint, having a new spec add a new ranged weapon also does nothing to assess the problems with Staff and Scepter. If the issue is how clunky Scepter and Staff are to use, then it's better to fix them than to push them under a rug.)

Edited by Kain Francois.4328
  • Like 2