Something went wrong. Please try again in a few minutes.

5 minutes ago, Limodriver.4106 said:

is account page down?  I keep getting Something went wrong. Please try again in a few minutes.

Are you talking about this page: https://account.arena.net/overview

Tested it right now (4 min after your post) and I could log in just fine. My account is on EU side. Is your account on EU or NA? It might be different servers that will do the log in process depending on EU or NA accounts.

Maybe check that your web browser isn't blocking something (or if you use any kind of adblocker - disable it for to make sure it isn't accidentially blocking - adblocks that use several blacklist  (which is used to block pages) - might update with new lists in the background and add new lists which can suddenly cause problem to leggit sites) or clear out your cookies in web browser. Clearing out cookies will make that page to ask your user ID (account) and password again and offer you to store it (depending on how browser store cookies for pages/sites/links that aren't know from before).

I can log into the game, into the forums, into everything BUT the account page. Every single time, no matter what, even if I reset my password "Something went wrong. Please try again in a few minutes." This has been the case for several days at least, possibly longer (I have been trying to log in to redeem the amazon prime code). And I have confirmed it is NOT due to any kind of blocking on my end.

This is not the first Anet page that is impossible to use. i also can't per-order EOD because the page for it will not load properly under any circumstances.

Edited by Boogiepop Void.6473

7 minutes ago, Boogiepop Void.6473 said:

I can log into the game, into the forums, into everything BUT the account page. Every single time, no matter what, even if I reset my password "Something went wrong. Please try again in a few minutes." This has been the case for several days at least, possibly longer (I have been trying to log in to redeem the amazon prime code). And I have confirmed it is NOT due to any kind of blocking on my end.

This is not the first Anet page that is impossible to use. i also can't per-order EOD because the page for it will not load properly under any circumstances.

Have you tried to see if there are more people that have the same issue like have from going through Amazone Prime?

Here is what I found searching for AP GW2 and "Something went wrong": https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-d&q=amazon+prime+gw2+something+went+wrong

I bought game directly from ANets (NCSoft) website, so it might be that when you try to access GW2 account you need to be first logged into Amazon Prime Server (APS) which redirct or communicate with GW2 log in servers. In other word it might be depending on how APS handle your log in.

Sorry I can not help you more with this, but try to contact Amazon Prime first to see what can cause this. Make sure that it isn't an issue with your ISP (Internet Service Provider) or your local router connected to ISP.

If you can't find a solution then contact CS in link: https://help.guildwars2.com/hc/en-us

14 minutes ago, Boogiepop Void.6473 said:

i also can't per-order EOD because the page for it will not load properly under any circumstances.

If it's a text-only page, it's because all of the resources on buy.guildwars2.com are hosted by digitalriver.com, which is being blocked. It's generally caused by ad-blockers, tracking protection, private mode or higher/strict security settings.

As for the login, "something went wrong..." can happen if certain scripts are blocked or a wrong "answer" is given by your browser (they try to detect bots). Press F12 in your browser to open the console, refresh the page and check the network tab for any files that failed. If you know what you're doing, check the response for login.json for the raw login error.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Alrik Steinfaust.7015 said:

I also can't login to the account page. I have email verification active and every time I insert the new code I receive and press continue I get the "something went wrong" error.  It definitely has nothing to do with me because login to the game works just fine.

That sounds more like the problem I had when UPlay changed over to UBISOFT Connect (client and account for Ubisoft games). I had 2 factor verification (2FV) enabled, but suddenly I  couldn't log in had same message as you.

In the end I solved it by contacting Ubisoft CS by FB Messenger, where CS had to reset/disable 2FV. I would suggest you contact CS and provide ANet CS with documentation of ownership (you should have a serial number from when you bought game in an email and also name of at least one character when you do this ready).

Use Account section on CS help here: https://help.guildwars2.com/hc/en-us/articles/230672927-Securing-Your-Account-With-Authentication

Use the red SUBMIT TICKET button on page (right side on page) and create a ticket. Explain that you have problem with Authentication (if you can not use any of these two option ANet offer [see down] to get back into log in page).

• Authenticator AppThis type of authentication uses a downloadable app—such as Google Authenticator—on a device such as a cell phone or tablet to deliver your security code.
  • SMS AuthenticationThis type of authentication sends your security code via text message whenever a login is detected from a new or unknown network.

Sometimes 2 factor verification can be misconfigurated or something happens when this extra layer of security simply doesn't work as it should and need to be reset and enabled again.

The message "Something went wrong" (short: SWW) is a neutral message that could as well mean that the time from sending account credentials with password and the next step where the server the second layer (SMS number code or G Authenticator code) which is set too short or there is an internal problem with communication between those stages (SMS code that need to be sent and typed in a field or Google Authenticator app which will show you a number that you need to type in within a certain time before a new number will be created and synced with log in server).

As you can understand these steps are time dependent and also more complex as there are stages where SMS need to be sent or Google Authenticator syncing with log in servers.

This message of SWW is to protect you from malicious attacks where someone could use brute force to get access to your account and that is why it doesn't state clearly what is going on or where it could be a problem.

Hope this will solve your issue!

On 10/28/2021 at 9:49 AM, Limodriver.4106 said:

is account page down?  I keep getting Something went wrong. Please try again in a few minutes.

Did you get it resolved I had it worse than you, I was able login to game but i couldn't log into my account on the website as whole or even the forums I couldn't. I wanted let you know you wasn't the only 1 I couldn't tell ya until it was fixed. i contacted support after i waited 24hrs to see if it had cleared up. I contacted them thursday through the anonymous support ticket (only way i could) they got back to me today (saturday 12pm) this what support told me about this error, I seen the error it's giving is a 400 Bad request error. But this what was replied to me

----

ScrapyDy (Guild Wars 2 Support)

Oct 30, 2021, 9:12 PDT
Hello,

Reviewing your login attempt, it appears that it was flagged for security reasons that prevented you from logging in. This could have been a result of high risk characteristics of your attempt or due to past associations with compromised accounts or devices.

At this time, we’ve taken steps that should allow you to log in.

Please let us know if you are still having difficulties logging in.

Regards,

ScrapyDy
Guild Wars 2 Support Team
http://help.guildwars2.com/

---

Anyways, my account was compromised in may 2014 after an NCsoft breach (this was before gw2 broke away from ncsoft accounts idk if they went back that way or not),  that was 100% resolved through a week or so working with support. I even changed email after that and added an authenticate app to prevent future compromises. But from what i understand they flag your account after it's been breached in the past, so it may be someone up to no good again trying to get into accounts. When they fail to much it's probably locking your account down on the website to keep you from getting hacked again.

From what that email says obviously sounds like something security related on the server. They fixed me up, my account it is now back working. I asked them for little extra info my IP is static and has been same IP for over 2 years so i asked if they could confirm if an ip other than mine has been trying to access my account, if so to give me a yes or no heads up. So I'll see if they are able to confirm that question may or may not. Least then I'll know to be keeping my eyes pealed for phisher attacks. I haven't got any email related to gw2 or gw1 since i changed my email on the account back '14. So if I start seeing shady types of emails least i know it isn't a legit email.

So if you still locked out contact them give them all info the ticket asks for, more info the better. I filled every empty space out I even told them my IP range on the account just to better confirm because like i said I had to submit a ticket anomalously because i had full site/forum lock out. Heck they replied to me on a Saturday, something i didn't even expect. Take care thought least let you know or any other drive by readers that might not be able to even say anything like i wasn't able to.

Edit: By the way I asked them to also clarify "This could have been a result of high risk characteristics of your attempt". Considering I only tried 3 times because i thought my pw/un might not been correct. Unless they seen all my attempts from last night trying to troubleshoot the issue. I thought it might have been a browser issue but it wasn't.

Edited by TEKnowledgy.1760
Additional info/statment

3 hours ago, Limodriver.4106 said:

customer support told me my web account was blocked from accessing due to high security flag on my account, they cant do anything about it lol.  Funny I can still play game fine but they wont let me access the web account.

If I were you, I would update my ticket and ask to have it escalated to a Senior Team Member.  It is unlikely that even new accounts are blocked 'due to high security flag'.  Sometimes CS Team members are new or just unaware of issues. 

I also got this problem around 10/26 after beta update? but I can login game and play, before that I can login website without any problem. 

I'm using linux, I tried chrome, firefox and even with my android phone with chrome and firefox. none worked. 

These were different network, so It seems like account issue, but ...

when I tried virtualbox to run win10 as guest in linux as host,  now I can login website with both chrome  and edge!!

My virtualbox network setting is NAT, that means guest win10 needed to go though my host linux, so it's not about firewall or any network issue.  

Maybe it's about browser setting ? but I didn't change any thing. 🙄

I have talked to Support and they have been realy nice and unblocked the issue for me. For some reason my account was flagged for security reasons. Probably an aftermath of the GeforecNow Ban wave a week or two back. Anyone experiencing this I can recommend to open a support ticket, they will help with resolving the issue very fast.

cheers

• 2 months later...