Is there any way to get the racing scarf other than racing?

4 hours ago, Sunsetter.5637 said:

... and paying the one dude selling it 140gold? 😐

There you go. You found the other way.

I'm assuming you mean the Ghostly Racing Scarf that you can buy for 30 Candy Corn Cobs, as the other two racing scarves are achievement only.

This one is not an easy achievement for the average player, it's natural that the item you get for it costs a bit of gold. I'm surprised it's even available for purchase. If you don't want to pay for it directly, you can always farm the Labyrinth for the 30,000 Pieces of Candy Corn to exchange for Cobs. I'm not even joking.

The beetle race just takes practice. I think I got it on about 7th try. My tip would be that if you have an extra couple of mouse buttons hot key the raptor and beetle to them. You can do rapid dismounts and remount at difficult turns and prioritise raptor long jump over beetle boost. 

Edited by Tiamat.8254
Typo

@MikeG.6389 Hm, not the ghostly one, the regular one (from regular beetle races) and I'm not sure what you mean by achievement (dont care about those), I mean the item being sold in the shop, which - from what I understand - you only get after winning all the races with gold medal.

@Tiamat.8254

I'm talking about the regular beetle races, not the Halloween ones. And I dont think practice will do it for me cause the beetle controls are beyond infuriating and even if I managed to overcome that, I still get pretty big frame drops during racing (even on lowest setting). So that's why I'm asking....

The Golden Racing Scarf might be difficult to get (iirc, the gold in Snowden Drift is quite difficult; it required several attempts), but the regular one (Racing Scarf, for just completing the race) should be easy and it's almost the same in the end. Do you have problems also to get the normal one? Did you try to stop using the mouse, after you start the race, and use only the keyboard + C and space?

• Thanks 2

Dont know why I got hung up on the Golden one  (maybe cause the shop made me think only that 's for my class, but then I saw the wiki), but yeah, regular would be great, too if I managed to get it, which I probably wont 😁

I did try using the keyboard and doesnt really work any better, the drifting or turning or whatever C does wrecks me every single time. Still, now I have at least some chance.

Thanks people, especially @Urud.4925

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Sunsetter.5637 said:

Hm, not the ghostly one, the regular one (from regular beetle races) and I'm not sure what you mean by achievement (dont care about those), I mean the item being sold in the shop, which - from what I understand - you only get after winning all the races with gold medal.

I had to check the TP for this one... I don't have the faintest idea how these got on there.

The scarves are Account Bound on Acquire and really are only obtainable through the achievements so you do have to care about those if you want the items.

• Like 1

I bound the key that allows my Beetle to drift to my left SHIFT key.

Took a little practice to get used to but it significantly improved my Beetle handling skills.

Sometimes a good keybind can really help you improve how you play the game.
I've been using my mouse 3 (mouse wheel click) to dodge for years now, I quite literally can't play Gw2 without that one anymore, it's way way too convenient and easy to use lol

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I like those race, while I'm exploring currently with my Engi, I always stop, rent a Beetle from the npc and do the race until I get the gold. Most of the time I need around 10 run to get it. It's fun, can't wait to unlock mine but it's not for now ^^ 

My advice is juste take your time, don't be upset when you fail, and don't bother finish the run when you do an obvious mistake, just close the window timer so you'll reset. Most of the time the gold chest is about succeed in a very specific area of the race to get those few second you miss.

Also, like @Teratus.2859 said, keybind is important. I use A to drift and E to sprint (Azerty) and it easier for me that way. Find your way :)

Edited by Orack.9756
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

Well, a few are on the Trading Post, so there is a way to obtain certain scarves with Gold.

It's possible that they were first released, accidentally, unbound and then fixed quite soon after release.

I couldn't get to the purchase window when I clicked on any of the listings. It was just spinning for me endlessly, while the TP was functioning otherwise. A sign of something like what you mentioned?

• Like 1

13 hours ago, MikeG.6389 said:

I couldn't get to the purchase window when I clicked on any of the listings. It was just spinning for me endlessly, while the TP was functioning otherwise. A sign of something like what you mentioned?

The race-scrafs and the helmet weren't bound at release because of a bug, which was fixed a day later.

So those offers are from the first day and can't be bought anymore because such items just show the loading symbol.

• Like 2