[VIDEO] How i got plat2 playing with Core Staff Elementalist

ViBonacci.5802

Getting plat 2 isn’t that hard.  Maintaining plat 2 after 20 games would be impressive.  So if you were to record the next 20 games after reaching plat 2, that will put your build to the test to see if you can keep it and maintain it the rest of the season 🙂 

But congrats on getting to plat 2 with core ele 🙂

Edited by OutOfOrder.3719

7 hours ago, Eddbopkins.2630 said:

How many games it take for you to hit Plat 2? 10 games? Is it where you placed? Or did you play a min of a 50+ games and get to Plat 2? Or are you there with less then 20? All of this matters. It's not hard to get placed Plat 1-2, but after 100 games where do you sit with staff ele?

At md10 i usually got plat1, then i just stay plat1/plat2 all season, even with 100+ games.

• Like 1

Did you duo queue?  I've pretty much been Gold 3 since the game started and Platinum has always been a wall.  Not really sure what else I can do to improve my gameplay to the point I need to get into platinum permanently.  Once I get to around 1500ish it seems like they just dump terrible players on my team that are impossible to carry and I end up like doing 40-60% of the damage on my team and top all stats and get dunked.

5 hours ago, sostronk.8167 said:

Did you duo queue?  I've pretty much been Gold 3 since the game started and Platinum has always been a wall.  Not really sure what else I can do to improve my gameplay to the point I need to get into platinum permanently.  Once I get to around 1500ish it seems like they just dump terrible players on my team that are impossible to carry and I end up like doing 40-60% of the damage on my team and top all stats and get dunked.

This is generally what happens to me, both my accounts get gold 3 or plat and then 1 day later one is still plat and the other gold 1, the one that dropped to gold 1 recently is my main and have done more pvp on, I'm not sure how match making works but sometimes it feels like my main has a much harder time getting wins even if I play similar builds.

Ps the op does duo sometimes as Iplayed a few matches with them yesterday which they were duo with a necro iirc

Edited by Lacdanon.1483
  • Like 1

It's either minion farm or earth shield memes; both combined with passive healing traits.  Feels bad, man.  It's cool to see staff ele (even core staff ele--which is still probably the only build I legitimately find enjoyable) hit mid-plat, but looking at the videos, it just kind of looks like a scourge with different particle effects:  very point-centric; waiting for people to do things; relying on passive playstyles to just outlast a target's cooldown rotation.  It's either the Earth Shield/FGS or the two minion glyphs that end up doing a lot of the heavy lifting in most of the footage.  Running a damage-roamer staff is just not the play; bunkers are either too oppressively passive or opposing DPS yields the same results but with infinitely less effort and thinking.

Just now, FrownyClown.8402 said:

How many times has a thief or rev eaten your lunch?

Mine almost never, thiefs has nothing to do againts reflects or stone heart ( depends on which kind of thief u gonna faced against you can go one way or another)

Revs usually are a bit more agressive and yes, they can kill you if u dont take care about em.

On 11/2/2021 at 2:43 AM, ViBonacci.5802 said:

At md10 i usually got plat1, then i just stay plat1/plat2 all season, even with 100+ games. 

But you did only 70 games, a season is about at least 120 games. Especially in soloq where the algorithm swings between hard throws and winstreaks.

Also it depends when in the season you did these 70 games.

The only things that matters is (or should be) the rating and the ladder at the end of a season.