I just celestial everything now

Al Masone.1274

35 minutes ago, Opopanax.1803 said:

Though I only have Celestial Trinkets at the moment, I think celestial really shines for new players, and players that focus on open world.  Typically these players are not as aware about stats and are not as good at survivability, so I hope that Celestial continues to be an option that is offered by ANET for those types of players, and others who have not been able to invest in multiple sets of gear.

Some truth there ... Celestials is the best option for new players that don't care to learn about the relation of stats and their performance. But make no mistake, other than a handful of builds, it doesn't 'shine' in OW. It's simply a boost in the stats floor. We need to be clear that, even for new players and the few exceptional cases, the choice to use Celestial is not a performance-based one. 

22 hours ago, oscuro.9720 said:

All I’m reading in this is that warrior is a superior class because it’s not listed here. That’s the message, right? This is a list of bad classes, right? RIGHT?!  xD

Recently fougth a platinum (WvW rank) celestial Spellbreaker with long bow + swords in WvW and He was able to beat three of my roaming builds (celestial Firebrand, condition Renegade and DH turbo trapper) using a build like this:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PKwAMxzlJwSYKMRGKOOXuPVA-zxIY1o+/QiUEkpUIbFgiHA-e

...Warrior isn't the best performer in PvE due because doesn't have the highest numbers and some other classes have larger numbers with less effort, but is quite powerfull in WvW due how much sustain and mobility tools has.

1 hour ago, Buran.3796 said:

Recently fougth a platinum (WvW rank) celestial Spellbreaker with long bow + swords in WvW and He was able to beat three of my roaming builds (celestial Firebrand, condition Renegade and DH turbo trapper) using a build like this:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PKwAMxzlJwSYKMRGKOOXuPVA-zxIY1o+/QiUEkpUIbFgiHA-e

...Warrior isn't the best performer in PvE due because doesn't have the highest numbers and some other classes have larger numbers with less effort, but is quite powerfull in WvW due how much sustain and mobility tools has.

Lol, no. I’m a competitive only player, warrior is not powerful in competitive modes compared to a whole host of other classes. It has a high skill ceiling, sure, but it is not strong atm (and hasn’t been since the feb 2020 nerf patch). 

3 hours ago, Obtena.7952 said:

Some truth there ... Celestials is the best option for new players that don't care to learn about the relation of stats and their performance. But make no mistake, other than a handful of builds, it doesn't 'shine' in OW. It's simply a boost in the stats floor. We need to be clear that, even for new players and the few exceptional cases, the choice to use Celestial is not a performance-based one. 

We'll agree to disagree about this.  The survivability it brings compared to Berserker, the go-to recommended set up, is far superior for the new player.  

1 hour ago, oscuro.9720 said:

Lol, no. I’m a competitive only player, warrior is not powerful in competitive modes compared to a whole host of other classes. It has a high skill ceiling, sure, but it is not strong atm (and hasn’t been since the feb 2020 nerf patch). 

My words were related specifically towards WvW. Celestial stas isn't ever available on PvP so of course you can't take advantage of that build in PvP. Platinum was his WvW (as I said) which means at least 2545 WvW levels (so a quite experienced player, I'm ~1100 myself). And celestial WvW Spellbreaker is really strong as a romaer/duellist (If you don't think so you didn't fought a good one).

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, Opopanax.1803 said:

We'll agree to disagree about this.  The survivability it brings compared to Berserker, the go-to recommended set up, is far superior for the new player.  

I think the problem here is that you are assuming that Celestials is actually the best way to achieve that, new player or not. My problem with Celestials is that on MANY builds, numerous allocations of the stats aren't useful, so while you are right that Celestial will be a better survival over Berserker, It's not necessarily the case that it's far superior for a player. If we want to talk about what is 'superior' as a prefix for survival, you have to know what build they are using the in first place and choose a prefix, or a mix, accordingly. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Obtena.7952 said:

I think the problem here is that you are assuming that Celestials is actually the best way to achieve that, new player or not. My problem with Celestials is that on MANY builds, numerous allocations of the stats aren't useful, so while you are right that Celestial will be a better survival over Berserker, It's not necessarily the case that it's far superior for a player. If we want to talk about what is 'superior' as a prefix for survival, you have to know what build they are using the in first place and choose a prefix, or a mix, accordingly. 

I dont assume that; that's just you assuming that I assume that.  

:D

Celestial is currently great for the three heavy armor classes, being at PvE or WvW, due the three have builds that benefit from hybrid damage and enhanced boon duration.  A sample build from MoM from 4 months ago focused on PvE:

Another   one for WvW from Vallun focused on WvW roaming:

Celestial is also usefull due  kills the need  to farm furher gear, so you can stay in full celestial untill you unlock your full legendary wardrobe 8specially the armor) or just stand in celestial armor and use inexpensive ascended trinkets from the seasonal maps.