Should Anet make 1v1 pvp ranked game mode?

MarkoNS.3261

@MarkoNS.3261 said:

@Lilyanna.9361 said:

@MarkoNS.3261 said:

@Lilyanna.9361 said:

@MarkoNS.3261 said:

@Lilyanna.9361 said:

@MarkoNS.3261 said:

@Sismis.5390 said:So it funny First they blamed premades,then they blamed duo,so whats next?

Did you ever witness people syncing ra in guildwars 1? Do you not know how huge that is? When I played with my premades I didnt want to play with pugs anymore after getting the team used to eachother.

you have the best quote i seen so far :)> @paShadoWn.5723 said:

Asking for 1v1 is admitting you are a slacker too lazy to handle intricacies of managing 3-5 objectives and when to engage or run.I remember that one Russian thief who engages us 1v3 then yells that we are unfair bastards.Anyway you can just run at far when game starts and most likely have your 1v1 there.

you asume i am a novice i am quite good on my mesmer, i can 1v2 easy can troll and or keep far perma caped for example can solo kill boss in that one map forgot the name, when i started pvp around season 2 i was quite in to it now i just lost interest in random squads, i mean why should i put in the effort when i cant be sure the other people would put in same amount of effort to win or alot of them are there just to farm. so in short 1v1 is a game mode that is needed and if balance is the issue that is the job of anet and not an excuse, the players didnt force them to make only 5v5 maps now did we.

What is 1v1ing going to bring to the table that we don't already have.

I'll answer that for you, nothing.

You can already do that in custom guild Hall's arenas, and custom rooms. Why should Anet put more resources into something people want to just throw the e-kitten around and go: 'Hurr, look at my thief/mesmer/spellbreaker/-insert dueling class-

Waste of time, resources, where you can organize this all by yourself with a guild or so-called group.

yeah because we dont have a ranked option for 1v1.

And here is where I debunk your argument with someone else's words:

"The meta is not, at all, balanced enough for that"

Here's another piece for you.

"It is not competitive because have three/ four out of the nine classes as a dueling class is not enough of a reason to have 1v1 ranked."

You are not proving your skill to us by dedicating a mode to this. You are not adding anything helpful to the PVP environment in its current state. This will not incline people to come back to this mess. You will literally have the 2v2 custom arena problem where no one uses it.

So then what? Do you have a back-up plan if no one decides to go to this ranked mode. Because by business standards, you have just wasted the company's money investing in now another dead feature of PVP.

Again, put it towards something that will /benefit/ the game mode, not make it a wasteland.

you assume much and quite honestly you are not going to change my mind and i do not care for your opinion.

Good talk, glad you couldn't present a counter-argument I was looking for.

you want a counter argument ok buddy:

1 - its a basic game functions that should have been there from the start.2 - balance is not an excuse - thats the job of anet devs.3 - maps are not an excuse since there should have been 1v1 mode maps from the start.4 - some classes not being as good in 1v1 is not an excuse since that is the job of anet balance team.5 - you want more ?
  1. We have it, it's called set it up yourself. You don't need a special snowflake mode because you refuse to work with a team

2. Balance is a fundamental and it's our job to point the things out the developers obviously cannot see. Or else I would be roflstomping you on some cheese build like permanent stealth thieves or the forever stun-locke pistol whip build back in the ye olden days.

3. Again, we don't need a special snowflake mode dedicated to your inability to work with a team or wanting to work with a team. There are tools available already for 1v1s, you don't need an extra mode as well and waste more resources

4. Then your mode will be dull and grow old because everyone is playing the same 2 or 3 dueling classes. Nice job, your mode lasted about long as the hype for 2v2 custom arenas

5 . Your argument is still fairly weak and you have not convinced anyone here for such a short-term, bandage solution. Again you're gonna get the 2v2 arena situation.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Lilyanna.9361 said:

@MarkoNS.3261 said:

@Lilyanna.9361 said:

@MarkoNS.3261 said:

@Lilyanna.9361 said:

@MarkoNS.3261 said:

@Lilyanna.9361 said:

@MarkoNS.3261 said:

@Sismis.5390 said:So it funny First they blamed premades,then they blamed duo,so whats next?

Did you ever witness people syncing ra in guildwars 1? Do you not know how huge that is? When I played with my premades I didnt want to play with pugs anymore after getting the team used to eachother.

Asking for 1v1 is admitting you are a slacker too lazy to handle intricacies of managing 3-5 objectives and when to engage or run.I remember that one Russian thief who engages us 1v3 then yells that we are unfair bastards.Anyway you can just run at far when game starts and most likely have your 1v1 there.

you asume i am a novice i am quite good on my mesmer, i can 1v2 easy can troll and or keep far perma caped for example can solo kill boss in that one map forgot the name, when i started pvp around season 2 i was quite in to it now i just lost interest in random squads, i mean why should i put in the effort when i cant be sure the other people would put in same amount of effort to win or alot of them are there just to farm. so in short 1v1 is a game mode that is needed and if balance is the issue that is the job of anet and not an excuse, the players didnt force them to make only 5v5 maps now did we.

You can already do that in custom guild Hall's arenas, and custom rooms. Why should Anet put more resources into something people want to just throw the e-kitten around and go: 'Hurr, look at my thief/mesmer/spellbreaker/-insert dueling class-

Waste of time, resources, where you can organize this all by yourself with a guild or so-called group.

"It is not competitive because have three/ four out of the nine classes as a dueling class is not enough of a reason to have 1v1 ranked."

You are not proving your skill to us by dedicating a mode to this. You are not adding anything helpful to the PVP environment in its current state. This will not incline people to come back to this mess. You will literally have the 2v2 custom arena problem where no one uses it.

So then what? Do you have a back-up plan if no one decides to go to this ranked mode. Because by business standards, you have just wasted the company's money investing in now another dead feature of PVP.

Again, put it towards something that will /benefit/ the game mode, not make it a wasteland.

you assume much and quite honestly you are not going to change my mind and i do not care for your opinion.

1 - its a basic game functions that should have been there from the start.2 - balance is not an excuse - thats the job of anet devs.3 - maps are not an excuse since there should have been 1v1 mode maps from the start.4 - some classes not being as good in 1v1 is not an excuse since that is the job of anet balance team.5 - you want more ?
  1. We have it, it's called set it up yourself. You don't need a special snowflake mode because you refuse to work with a team
  2. Balance is a fundamental and it's our job to point the things out the developers obviously cannot see. Or else I would be roflstomping you on some cheese build like permanent stealth thieves or the forever stun-locke pistol whip build back in the ye olden days.
  3. Again, we don't need a special snowflake mode dedicated to your inability to work with a team or wanting to work with a team. There are tools available already for 1v1s, you don't need an extra mode as well and waste more resources
  4. Then your mode will be dull and grow old because everyone is playing the same 2 or 3 dueling classes. Nice job, your mode lasted about long as the hype for 2v2 custom arenas

5 . Your argument is still fairly weak and you have not convinced anyone here for such a short-term, bandage solution. Again you're gonna get the 2v2 arena situation.

1 - thats not even an argument, i should not have to use guild halls that use pve skills and pve stats to pretend to play a 1v1 mode.

2 - yeah i bet if you tried you would be dead in 10 seconds ;)

3,4 - again not a point man.

my advice to you try and make real points instead of going i dont like this so i dont think others should have it, think a bit more :)

@MarkoNS.3261 said:

@Lilyanna.9361 said:

@MarkoNS.3261 said:

@Lilyanna.9361 said:

@MarkoNS.3261 said:

@Lilyanna.9361 said:

@MarkoNS.3261 said:

@Lilyanna.9361 said:

@MarkoNS.3261 said:

1 - thats not even an argument, i should not have to use guild halls that use pve skills and pve stats to pretend to play a 1v1 mode.

my advice to you try and make real points instead of going i dont like this so i dont think others should have it, think a bit more :)

I gave you reasons and not just simply saying: I didn't like it. Also, from what I've seen, not a lot of people seem to agree with the idea over the sole fact PVP is already in shambles right now.

As I previously said: Good talk for not presenting a constructive argument that simply doesn't derive from: I want this just cause. You provided no back up plan, no follow-up, no detailed steps as to go about it. Hell, even the two people that posted above you gave me more of a thought process than you did.

Maybe you should go back to that chalkboard and stop trying to helplessly fling insults and prove you are some sort of winner in this debacle.

Edit: 64% of your poll says it's a waste of time, including people that are part of the top player percentile. I think your poll should have already gave you an answer before you tried to fruitlessly debate with me.

@MarkoNS.3261 said:

@Shroud.4683 said:Here's one way 1v1 can be done:Best of 3 or 5Players get x minutes to create a buildEngage in combatPlayers get x minutes to create a buildEngage in combatAnd so on and so forth....

You add a mindgame aspect to the gameplay.

i mean why must everything be perfectly balanced, name me one game that does not have 1 best class or a a few gimmicky classes its impossible for everything to be perfectly balanced and it does not need to be.

I can't name a game that's perfectly balanced, but I think if we're going for some kind of 1v1 format, this ruleset would be the best and most fair approach. At the very least, it will give the losing player a chance to recover, and keeps the winning player on his/her toes.

@Lilyanna.9361 said:

@MarkoNS.3261 said:

@Lilyanna.9361 said:

@MarkoNS.3261 said:

@Lilyanna.9361 said:

@MarkoNS.3261 said:

@Lilyanna.9361 said:

@MarkoNS.3261 said:

@Lilyanna.9361 said:

@MarkoNS.3261 said:

I gave you reasons and not just simply saying: I didn't like it. Also, from what I've seen, not a lot of people seem to agree with the idea over the sole fact PVP is already in shambles right now.

As I previously said: Good talk for not presenting a constructive argument that simply doesn't derive from: I want this just cause. You provided no back up plan, no follow-up, no detailed steps as to go about it. Hell, even the two people that posted above you gave me more of a thought process than you did.

Maybe you should go back to that chalkboard and stop trying to helplessly fling insults and prove you are some sort of winner in this debacle.

Edit: 64% of your poll says it's a waste of time, including people that are part of the top player percentile. I think your poll should have already gave you an answer before you tried to fruitlessly debate with me.

yeah google this "an appeal to popularity fallacy" also saying you have no points its not insulting you its just pointing out you are basically going i dont like it so its bad.

@MarkoNS.3261 said:

@Lilyanna.9361 said:

@MarkoNS.3261 said:

@Lilyanna.9361 said:

@MarkoNS.3261 said:

@Lilyanna.9361 said:

@MarkoNS.3261 said:

While I'll completely agree with you, on your points here. ANet clearly made theirs clear as well. Therefore a new 1v1 game mode would simply suffer the same fate as stronghold did. You absolutely can not force a company to do what they do not want to. Unless of course you have ownership of said company. Therefore all of our demands regardless helpful or not. Will be met with the same fate here in GW2.

With all of that in mind. A 1v1 PvP mode in GW2 where it's highly held 5v5 conquest is no longer supported by the devs. Will not only end in failure. But also wouldn't change or make sPvP in GW2 more playable or fun. The only thing that can make sPvP in GW2 decent again. Is a completely different game direction and or team.

My conclusion is that adding any type of new PvP modes to this game, is pointless with the current direction ANet is taking GW2. Unless PvP gets way more dev support than it currently is. Then it will continue to remain in it's freefalling state as now. You can dye old and dying hair into hundreds of colors. But it will still not change the fact that it is old and dying hair.

@Eddbopkins.2630 said:All i do is pvp...if you pve majority of your time and voted and its against anything new to the pvp scene your vote shouldnt count.

It's only your fault you limited yourself to one, insignificant game mode. GW2 is a game as a whole. Everyone can vote as much as everyone can play pvp at any time. It's not serious part of the game, just a filler between meta events in pve.

@Kheldorn.5123 said:

@Eddbopkins.2630 said:All i do is pvp...if you pve majority of your time and voted and its against anything new to the pvp scene your vote shouldnt count.

It's only your fault you limited yourself to one, insignificant game mode. GW2 is a game as a whole. Everyone can vote as much as everyone can play pvp at any time. It's not serious part of the game, just a filler between meta events in pve.

It's not even a filler anymore. It's more or less just a discontinued gamemode.

@Reaper Alim.4176 said:

@MarkoNS.3261 said:

@Lilyanna.9361 said:

@MarkoNS.3261 said:

@Lilyanna.9361 said:

@MarkoNS.3261 said:

@Lilyanna.9361 said:

@MarkoNS.3261 said:

While I'll completely agree with you, on your points here. ANet clearly made theirs clear as well. Therefore a new 1v1 game mode would simply suffer the same fate as stronghold did. You absolutely can not force a company to do what they do not want to. Unless of course you have ownership of said company. Therefore all of our demands regardless helpful or not. Will be met with the same fate here in GW2.

With all of that in mind. A 1v1 PvP mode in GW2 where it's highly held 5v5 conquest is no longer supported by the devs. Will not only end in failure. But also wouldn't change or make sPvP in GW2 more playable or fun. The only thing that can make sPvP in GW2 decent again. Is a completely different game direction and or team.

My conclusion is that adding any type of new PvP modes to this game, is pointless with the current direction ANet is taking GW2. Unless PvP gets way more dev support than it currently is. Then it will continue to remain in it's freefalling state as now. You can dye old and dying hair into hundreds of colors. But it will still not change the fact that it is old and dying hair.

i agree, also anet has promised a new legendary pvp backpiece every year and that did not happen as well, lots of promises not kept.

@MarkoNS.3261 said:

@Lilyanna.9361 said:

@MarkoNS.3261 said:

Why should we have one? Ranked/pvp is a team game. Wanna play solo, do it on your own place.

@NotASmurf.1725 said:

@CedarDog.9723 said:They have a 1v1 PvP mode already. It's called "Guild Hall Arena." Just go in with 1 other person and voila, 1v1 PvP.

Your ignorance is off the charts but I'll make an exception for you and explain what's wrong with that:
  • Uses PvE gear.
  • Uses PvE balance
  • No matchmaking, must find opponents yourself.
  • No rewards.

Custom arena does it, but no rewards.A middle ground is options for custom games to limit team size, actually play the match 1v1 amd you get rewards from rank.

@NotASmurf.1725 said:

@CedarDog.9723 said:They have a 1v1 PvP mode already. It's called "Guild Hall Arena." Just go in with 1 other person and voila, 1v1 PvP.

Your ignorance is off the charts but I'll make an exception for you and explain what's wrong with that:
  • Uses PvE gear.
  • Uses PvE balance
  • No rewards.

Well, how magnanimous of you! I feel so much more enlightened after you deigned to explain stuff to me.

I guess I should respond to your 4 points...

• Uses PvE gear.

Don't care.

• Uses PvE balance

Don't care.

Don't care.

• No rewards

Don't care.

And from most of the posts in PvP sounds like ANet should devote most of its limited PvP staff/resources on fixing the game mode as a whole before adding extra fluff.

@CedarDog.9723 said:

@NotASmurf.1725 said:

• Uses PvE gear.
  • Uses PvE balance
  • No rewards.

Well, how magnanimous of you! I feel so much more enlightened after you deigned to explain stuff to me.

• Uses PvE gear.

Don't care.
  • Uses PvE balance

Don't care.

Don't care.
  • No rewards

Don't care.

And from most of the posts in PvP sounds like ANet should devote most of its limited PvP staff/resources on fixing the game mode as a whole before adding extra fluff.

if the only response you can make to his points is i dont care, i mean thats what a child does.

@MarkoNS.3261 said:

@CedarDog.9723 said:

@NotASmurf.1725 said:

• Uses PvE gear.
  • Uses PvE balance
  • No rewards.

• Uses PvE gear.

Don't care.
  • Uses PvE balance

Don't care.

Don't care.
  • No rewards

Don't care.

if the only response you can make to his points is i dont care, i mean thats what a child does.

Was there a complete sentence in there? You took two partial thoughts and stuck them together in the guise of a response. My lack of a real response to smurf is how I felt like responding to the condescending tone. But even so, I really don't care about his points that much. PvP is a broken and neglected game mode filled with tons of imbalance and lacking enough devoted staff to actually fix it. They should fix the game mode as a whole before doing superfluous things that can be worked around. Sure, you don't get rewards and you'd have to have a dedicated set of armor/weapons/sigil/runes and crap for PvP in a PvE setting, but you get 1v1 in the guild arena regardless. Additionally, one could find 1v1 fights with some rewards in WvW. Or as people have mentioned, just go into a custom arena, or buy tokens and make your own custom arena. Need to rank up? Just bite the bullet and slog through matches and hopefully you'll get a good team.

This game was always designed to be team focused. Any 1v1 mode will boil down to there being a small handful of builds that dominate and none of them will be fun to fight. Even in a week balanced game like this most of the time it will end up being a coin flap because of counters. They would have to ban many elites and amulets and probably some runes.

The only way to have a worthwhile 1v1 mode in any game is with mirror setups on a symmetrical map. Only a few game genres work with that and this is not one of them.

@CedarDog.9723 said:

@MarkoNS.3261 said:

@CedarDog.9723 said:

@NotASmurf.1725 said:

• Uses PvE gear.
  • Uses PvE balance
  • No rewards.

• Uses PvE gear.

Don't care.
  • Uses PvE balance

Don't care.

Don't care.
  • No rewards

Don't care.

if the only response you can make to his points is i dont care... i mean, thats what a child does.

Was there a complete sentence in there? You took two partial thoughts and stuck them together in the guise of a response. My lack of a real response to smurf is how I felt like responding to the condescending tone. But even so, I really don't care about his points that much. PvP is a broken and neglected game mode filled with tons of imbalance and lacking enough devoted staff to actually fix it. They should fix the game mode as a whole before doing superfluous things that can be worked around. Sure, you don't get rewards and you'd have to have a dedicated set of armor/weapons/sigil/runes and crap for PvP in a PvE setting, but you get 1v1 in the guild arena regardless. Additionally, one could find 1v1 fights with some rewards in WvW. Or as people have mentioned, just go into a custom arena, or buy tokens and make your own custom arena. Need to rank up? Just bite the bullet and slog through matches and hopefully you'll get a good team.

I fixed @MarkoNS.3261 post for you so it's more acceptable to you.

Don't be obtuse, you knew what he meant.

@Omar Aschi Popp.7496 said:

@CedarDog.9723 said:

@MarkoNS.3261 said:

@CedarDog.9723 said:

@NotASmurf.1725 said:

• Uses PvE gear.
  • Uses PvE balance
  • No rewards.

• Uses PvE gear.

Don't care.
  • Uses PvE balance

Don't care.

Don't care.
  • No rewards

Don't care.

if the only response you can make to his points is i dont care... i mean, thats what a child does.

I fixed @MarkoNS.3261 post for you so it's more acceptable to you.

Don't be obtuse, you knew what he meant.

Ok.

I voted maybe. Here's why; It could be heavily exploited by players smurfing on an alt account. It would also make the differences in classes and players much more stark. This would expose balance issues rather overtly.

In a game with multiple players, some of the differences are naturally smoothed out. One person on a team often compensates for another. Without that, I think it would be seen that some of the classes and builds are grossly imbalanced. It would also expose "pro" players to a lot of personal hatred as they would be likely to choose this mode and have a number of easy wins.

@BurrTheKing.8571 said:This game was always designed to be team focused. Any 1v1 mode will boil down to there being a small handful of builds that dominate and none of them will be fun to fight. Even in a week balanced game like this most of the time it will end up being a coin flap because of counters. They would have to ban many elites and amulets and probably some runes.

The only way to have a worthwhile 1v1 mode in any game is with mirror setups on a symmetrical map. Only a few game genres work with that and this is not one of them.

Guild Wars had that. It was known as "Polymock." I've suggested multiple times that ANET consider bringing that Asuran pastime back.

Archived