ANET Just one ES per class??

ANET,

I feel like the new Elite Specs are weak and just want to voice my opinion, because this could be the last expansion for a while.  It obviously appeals to some people and/or some of the die hard fans that get butt hurt from conversations like this.  I suggest seeking out other opinions, not from here only.

We can keep what y'all have done with the new ES, but they are not as well rounded as any core or path of fire, and weapon skills aren't thought out as much.

Make more. Yeah, more balancing but at this point I think it is worth throwing as much as you can out.  Choices to keep end game fresh. 

Other options include being able to modify skills a little.  Or having two specs.  That'll be awesome.

Thank you

Edited by Midknight.7324
  • Haha 6
  • Confused 8

At this point of the game in its age, I'm in agreement.  I was just perusing the thief forums this morning and eyed the EoD Greatsword speculation thread, and got super bummed.  It's not like the GS spec isn't palatable or realistic, it's just that Anet were tasked to make ONE choice for this expansion.  Eventually they'll come around and give us what we want, but based off of expansion releases and implementation schedules, that could literally be a decade from now before we Thief's get our GS...

I'm all for pacing and timeliness, but on pure enjoyment, I dearly hope we could see some mid-expansion spec additions; because it does indeed bear on one's mental sustainability knowing novelty only happens once every few years.  Doesn't even have to be full spec implementations.  Perhaps some new ways to cross-play elite-exclusive weapon types outside of builds that can at least keep the dopamine hits coming while we wait for the world to ice over.  The older this game gets, the more volatile it will be to peoples' commitment, and "settle it the usual way" holds less water.

You don't think they've put enough thought into the ones we've seen so far and your solution is to tell them to rush out 9 more with only 3 months to go? How would that make it any better, unless your goal is purely quantity over quality and you think 18 specs you don't like is somehow better than 9 you don't like.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 5

5 hours ago, Danikat.8537 said:

You don't think they've put enough thought into the ones we've seen so far and your solution is to tell them to rush out 9 more with only 3 months to go? How would that make it any better, unless your goal is purely quantity over quality and you think 18 specs you don't like is somehow better than 9 you don't like.

I get your point, but if it was just taking the core lines a bit further.  Like beastmastery to soulbeast, or illusions to mirage,l.

I think it could write itself. 

Taking the original ideas and expanding. Like dualist, dual weilding pistols, or elemental having elementals.

I know it is probably more than I know... but it'll be better than some of the other stuff they are focused on.

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, Faridah.8431 said:

Elite specs as a concept was going to hit a point where we'd have issues like we are seeing now. They are probably better off making a new class or two with elite specs for the new classes when it comes time for expansion 4.

That would be cool too. Lol

• Like 1
  • Confused 2