Closed servers are demoralising much of the WvW player base.

dzeRnumbrd.6129

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@SugarCayne.3098 said:Bandwagoning overstuffed servers has had a greater impact on player morale, for years, than closed servers.

Much of this. But again, none of this wouldn't even be possible is ANet didn't allowed for it to in the first place. But then again, can't really blame ANet for making money, off of interesting at best players. Who just want to curbstomp others, who'd normally stomp them on equal playing field. By stacking onto to servers for a clear win.

@Reaper Alim.4176 said:

@SugarCayne.3098 said:Bandwagoning overstuffed servers has had a greater impact on player morale, for years, than closed servers.

Much of this. But again, none of this wouldn't even be possible is ANet didn't allowed for it to in the first place. But then again, can't really blame ANet for making money, off of interesting at best players. Who just want to curbstomp others, who'd normally stomp them on equal playing field. By stacking onto to servers for a clear win.

I wonder what would happen if Anet manually put all the T1 servers to the very bottom.?

@Malerian.8435 said:

@SkyShroud.2865 said:This was mentioned in general before, actually, mentioned numerous time.As usual, I will just echo what anet dev said. We don't have full perspectives of the issues so our suggestions won't work.

THIS ^^^^

But they do, and that's why everything's going so great.

Right?

@Sylvyn.4750 said:

@Vova.2640 said:Every time I see someone saying "open servers" its basically the same as saying "open blackgate"...

Yeah, and if they are so demoralized, why do they keep winning T1? If I was that demoralized, I'd be getting a $1 million bonus each year...:)

I'm not on a T1 server.

@maxwelgm.4315 said:The idea that population will somehow balance itself if you open up all servers is kinda weird. People want to "win" in a certain sense and a single server is doing all the winning lately. Blackgate has such large coverage that it simply doesn't need that many commanders at this point. And if people leave and spread out to other servers that should mean more servers are getting more balanced fights, which can't be bad after all right? I'm not sure where you're getting at here, you're even saying guilds are actually leaving the top servers to stay together with their guildies, which seems very nice to me.

My argument isn't that populations will self balance. My argument is the if everyone stacks T1 and T2 to the absolute limit rather than Arenanet's definition of "full" then BG's coverage advantage will be diminished.Guilds aren't leaving servers to stay together but because of boredom with the matchups.

This boredom can lead to burnout and quitting the game.Right now BG is probably stacked to the limit.There will be plenty of guilds willing to stack on servers that oppose BG in order to take on stackgate.I say if people want to stack, have long queues and lag then let them!Right now, no one can compete with Blackgate because of the closed servers. It isn't that they're good, it's that everyone else is locked.

@Boris Losdindawoods.3098 said:

@dzeRnumbrd.6129 said:a bunch of hardcore WvW players with no guild leader stuck in T6 unable to get back to their friends.

If you or anyone you know is "stuck in T6", you have a really serious problem. There are only 4 tiers.

Fair enough, technically you are correct but technically you knew what I meant and you're just being a pedant.

It could be so easy to unstack BG. Just close the queues for the borderlands. So if server a brings 40 to a map, server b 45 and bg 50 the queues will be closed. BG players can't enter until their number on the map is at 40 or both other servers have at least 51 players on the map. Make the map balance never exceed +10.It would take only a few weeks until people would start leaving bg

@gebrechen.5643 said:It could be so easy to unstack BG. Just close the queues for the borderlands. So if server a brings 40 to a map, server b 45 and bg 50 the queues will be closed. BG players can't enter until their number on the map is at 40 or both other servers have at least 51 players on the map. Make the map balance never exceed +10.It would take only a few weeks until people would start leaving bg

I know right! However that would only serve, to interfere with ANet's monetization vision of WvW. Because then WvWers would have little to no reason to keep bandwagoning around every 2 months.

It's purposely imbalanced this way, been like this for 4 or 5 years straight. So in essence it's safe to say. That behind close doors ANet approves of the server imbalances.

@dzeRnumbrd.6129 said:There will be plenty of guilds willing to stack on servers that oppose BG in order to take on stackgate.

There's not though. There already are transfer options for those that want to go to a server that opposes BG, but we're not seeing any real massive movement to them. IMHO it has to do with how guilds don't want to spend their time playing up to BG's playstyle. They find it boring.

There isn't enough ocx players left to make a second BG, much less a third. Last time BG opened they got MORE ocx players. It seems that time zone doesn't understand opponents are more important than allies in PvP.

No solution that doesn't address this problem is an actual solution, rather a new set of problems to address like a dog chasing it's tail.

@dzeRnumbrd.6129 said:There will be plenty of guilds willing to stack on servers that oppose BG in order to take on stackgate.

Um no there isn't. The time to want to stack a server to take on BG is over.The last server that took a crack at this was probably Mag 11 months ago, then they got bored and guilds destacked to lower tiers because BG is pretty boring to fight. Even JQ which is probably the only other server that could reasonable do this, didn't even manage to get stacked the times they were open this year. SoS maybe you say? pfft they barely touch BG. No one is willing to out ppt them anymore, and they're not exactly the greatest fighters either. T2/3 is probably the better places to be these days.

Archived