Pet control

Aleksander Suburb.4287

Pet control  

23 members have voted

1. 1. How do you want to control the pet

• Just like now (F1-F3 pet attacks/unleashed pet attacks; F6 attack, F6 return)
    • Just like other ranger specs (F1 attack, F3 return, additional unleashed/leashed pet attacks on F6, F7)
    • Mix Control and skills (F1 attack + unleashed/leashed pet attack, F3 return + unleashed projectile shield/pet attack)
    • Other

What do you thing about the pet control? Should it be like now? Should it be like the other e-specs and switch pet skills to F6/F7? Forget about additional skills and mix pet control and pet skills together? Or do you have other ideas?

I would vote for mixing pet skills and pet control. But additionally I would F3 change to teleport to ranger and use projectile shield then.

The disadvantage of mixing the control and pet skills is, that many pet skills on F3 would be attacks, that are not useful with a return-command. So maybe in this cases the pet should attack first and come back then, related to the petskill

5 hours ago, Danikat.8537 said:

I'd like buttons to stay the same across elite specs as much as reasonably possible.

I don't think the keybindings matter too much because we can change them to whatever we want, but I'd like the buttons to stay in the same place so there's more consistency between the different specs.

I want that too, but now we have another two bindings to learn.

• Like 3

I'm probably going to bind Profession Skill 1 (F1) and Attack (F5) to the same key (I know...) and Profession Skill 3 (F3) to Shift+F3 so there is less to remember and learn.

This spec is already going to be a mental hurdle with all the CDs and trait effects, which change per state, to remember.

Edited by Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, OGDeadHead.8326 said:

I'm not really sure. I really like the mixed approach for pet unleashed state, but how do you implement that on the regular skills? That's the main issue.

Yeah, that is the point. Mixing Attack and a pet attack skill is easy, but the return key mixed with a pet attack skill is underwhelming. The best solution would be, that every pet gets a support skill in its set, so with F3 the pet would return and use the support skill. But we all know, that this is too much developing with all the different pets and that will never happens.

Another idea could be: that a leashed pet with F3 come back and use a support or aoefield, that depends on its pet archetype: Stout (protection and barrier aoe), Deadly (increased expertise and poison field), Versatile (superspeed and vigor), Ferocious (fury and quickness aoe), Supportive (regeneration and waterfield)

I think  current implementation is the best we can get at the moment. 

I'm used to play soulbeast so F1-F3 more or less goes with current design. 

A switch F6 attack - F6 return could work too but it may become too complicated for some people. So i think the F6-F7 although more keybinding (my Keyboard is running out of keys at my fingers reach) is the "best" solution we can have now. 

Stowing the pet is in the pet panel now, just saying. 

I like having the extra skills available (and I don't mind that it's more complicated) so I wouldn't want to lose anything, even by merging skills together. I just think it would be clearer if the buttons which are available to both untamed and other specs stayed in the same places and the new ones were added above, instead of moving the normal ones.

In unleashed Ranger mode:

- forget about pet F-skills

- F1 attack my target + archetype pet attack with disabling skill (daze, knock down, stun) 

- F2 ordinary pet F2 skill

- F3 return to me + pet archetype support cry at Rangers position (stability, protection, quickness, resolution, resistance) 

In unleashed pet mode: 

- F1 venemous outburst + attack my target. On reload, just attack my target. 

- F2 just rending vines. 

- F3 enveloping haze + return to me. On reload just return to me. 

On 12/4/2021 at 4:21 PM, Aleksander Suburb.4287 said:

In unleashed Ranger mode:

- forget about pet F-skills

- F1 attack my target + archetype pet attack with disabling skill (daze, knock down, stun) 

- F2 ordinary pet F2 skill

- F3 return to me + pet archetype support cry at Rangers position (stability, protection, quickness, resolution, resistance) 

In unleashed pet mode: 

- F1 venemous outburst + attack my target. On reload, just attack my target. 

- F2 just rending vines. 

- F3 enveloping haze + return to me. On reload just return to me. 

One better yet: 

• Unleashed Pet skills works once and then the skill goes back to be normal, they work the same way as ambushes do, they are active for some time (much longer than 2s) and once used they are swapped to normal pet skills. They keep their internal ICDs. 
  • This is not as important as having the ambush indicator for the player but still would be nice to have an small indicator over the pets Fxs which notify when those are available for use, as each have different cooldowns. 
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, anduriell.6280 said:

One better yet: 

• Unleashed Pet skills works once and then the skill goes back to be normal, they work the same way as ambushes do, they are active for some time (much longer than 2s) and once used they are swapped to normal pet skills. They keep their internal ICDs. 
  • This is not as important as having the ambush indicator for the player but still would be nice to have an small indicator over the pets Fxs which notify when those are available for use, as each have different cooldowns. 

That is a good mechanic, too. In this case, the ambus-pet skills must be a bit stronger.

• Like 2