Could we make temporary character slots a permanent thing?

Arnox.5128

Truthfully if people can’t keep loot, karma, XP and achievements when they play a Temporary Character then I don’t see this ever becoming a popular feature. People play to progress their chars and account. The game hands out enough Tomes to level multiple chars to 80. It would make more sense to have a char or two of each profession geared up and ready to fill wanted roles than to play for an extended period, do hard content and get zilch for rewards. 

And what if someone manages to loot a precursor or get a valuable new skin while playing in a Temp Char? The tears will be flowing that day, for sure. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Just a flesh wound.3589 said:

Truthfully if people can’t keep loot, karma, XP and achievements when they play a Temporary Character then I don’t see this ever becoming a popular feature. People play to progress their chars and account. The game hands out enough Tomes to level multiple chars to 80. It would make more sense to have a char or two of each profession geared up and ready to fill wanted roles than to play for an extended period, do hard content and get zilch for rewards. 

And what if someone manages to loot a precursor or get a valuable new skin while playing in a Temp Char? The tears will be flowing that day, for sure. 

Tears and much salt.

On 12/2/2021 at 12:19 AM, Arnox.5128 said:

You know, I was going to debate all this but ****... You guys just **** on everything. I swear to hell.

At this point, I'm just so tired of having to defend every single little thing I suggest because there's ALWAYS gonna be at least 3 or 4 people who apparently don't want ANYTHING added to the game at all and trot out some incredibly spurious excuses for why it will be the GW2 apocalypse if it's added in any way whatsoever.

I remember how much crying there was about mounts before they were added. And now they are live in the game, everyone thinks they're the best thing ever. So whatever. You know what? Barring official word from ANet (which probably isn't gonna happen) I'm just literally not gonna defend anything I suggest in the future. You guys win. Congratulations. If you guys wanna **** on it and suck the fun out of everything, go right ahead. I don't give a **** anymore.

You haven't given us a good reason to include it.  Seems to me someone will eventually accidentally created a temporary character and have to do it again, which will annoy them.   I'd be annoyed seeing extra temporary slots.   You've provided no real tanigble benefit from having and and then complain when people disagree.  I want lots of stuff in the game. Some of it is reasonable and doable, some of it isn't.   I only get to say what I want. I don't get to pick how people react to it.

• Like 2