If Alliances become a thing, get rid of Hidden Tags.

2 hours ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

What I can see is the the trend of no more public tags once alliances have been implemented. WvW will become GvG. I don't see how this is an improvement. At least add more Guild Slots if you want to push this dumb system.

In the meantime in the so very different normal matchup we had a hidden discord only invite tag on reset with a "fight commander". 

Because of course we had.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 12/6/2021 at 9:13 PM, Knighthonor.4061 said:

Hidden tags and hidden allies period is one of the worst elements of playing in WvW. And this Alliance beta showed just how bad this will become with more guild focused gameplay that we see with Alliances. Often times Guilds will run hidden tag so that non guild members can locate them and play with them. This could make the population seem faulty because some hidden squad is somewhere on the map while everybody else is centralized around certain key structures since there isn't any organization.  

Alliances were suppose to be the ultimate solution to the community building and organizing.  But I am not seeing that. See more private hidden tags. Get rid of this. Its no longer needed, since guilds can already pick who they want to play with in the Alliance feature. 

Have you considered not being a reclusive antisocial troglodyte, and joining a guild, or being in the server/alliance discord so you may be invited to said hidden tags?

Guilds run hidden tags so they can have somewhat even fights with other guilds without 23 random Rangers showing up and pinsniping.

Edited by Helicity.3416
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

Hey look a not very shocking terrible idea from a guy that is proud to be one of these.

Terrible idea that harms people that don't abuse the system. Personally I enjoy being a SMC defense builder. Its one of my favorite roles outside of group support.

Did it ever occur to you that some guilds just don't want you and your little snowflake crap hanging around? Are not allowed to take on 40 with 20 these days? Are we required to take rally bots?

We're not all here to service you cupcake.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3

Isn't this discussion the same discussion that people who have issues with Alliances as a whole are concerned with?

We see fewer public tags. Some people are focused on providing tools for commanders. Other people are focused on trying to restrict tools in hopes of forcing commanders. At the end of the day Alliances provides structures to encourage community building and building for more tags but that also puts the ball with the players to build more communities and tag up more. I think people raising concerns on these forums are more afraid of having to do that than they are afraid of whatever they dress their posts in.

• Like 3
  • Confused 2