Is Emblem of the Avenger useless

1 hour ago, somethingrandom.5047 said:

I just acquired Emblem of the Avenger and just looked it up in the wiki and from what I can see it is now useless I just wanted to check that I am understanding correctly and that the wiki is accurate before getting rid of it.

One of the devs once said in a stream, that they want to implement a vendor to exchange the redundant emblems from WvW and PvP. I don't remember the date of the stream, but I think it was over a year ago and also befor the rework of the trinkets, so I don't know, if this plan is still somewhere on the table.

It is useless, but I'm still holding onto them. Normally when Anet discontinues an item they stop it from dropping. They might not get rid of existing ones (I'm not sure if they've ever done that) but they stop players getting more. They haven't done that this time which makes me think they might add a use for it eventually.

Also I was holding onto at least 1 from before this and don't need the bank space for anything else. If I get to 250 and there still isn't a use for them I might think about it, but until then it's not a problem.

Also this topic just reminded me to salvage 2 spare level 80 exotic staves which have been redundant since the legendary armoury came in and which I've been meaning to delete since about mid-December. I was really tired at the time and decided to wait until the next morning to make a final decision, then completely forgot about it. So even if I decide to delete the emblems it might take me a while. 😄

Edited by Danikat.8537
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Cynder.2509 said:

Check the wiki before please... 
That's what it for. 
In the game you can type /wiki and copy the item into the chat to get redirected to the corresponding wikipage. 
But since you don't know how it works... 
Here: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Emblem_of_the_Avenger

For dummies: the wiki states it's no longer of use once obtained. So get the kitten rid of it because thereäs already enough inventory clutter in the game. 

Now be happy you're one of the lucky ones that can get a legendary trinket because a lot of this casual playerbase can't. 

Read the post before replying please. The OP stated they had checked the Wiki already and wanted to ensure it's accurate.

In case you don't know how it works the Wiki is entirely written and maintained by players so it can be missing information (or what's there can be out of date) when items are updated, because it's dependant on someone taking the time to update all the relevant pages.

For example the page for the Charged Quartz Orichalcum Amulet of the Sky still has a tag saying it's not available, even though it also lists a current acquisition method, because apparently no one has decided yet how to handle the different versions/ways it's been used.

If what's on the Wiki doesn't make sense it's worth checking with other people, and a forum topic is a sensible and perfectly valid way of doing that.

Edited by Danikat.8537
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 8 months later...
  • 4 months later...