how do you pick you legndary wepon

BadSanta.6527

I choose my legendary weapons based on how many of my 9 characters will be able to use it and how much I use that particular weapon in general. I like to put my effort into legendary weapons that multiple characters can use and will use regularly. It's nice that elite specializations add new weapons to a class because that also increases the usefulness of legendaries. I loved that my necro could also enjoy my legendary GS after HoT.

I've only made one (and most of another). HOPE, because I really liked the looks and because I was testing the new legendary crafting system and HOPE kept giving me fun things to do in between gathering all the mats in the world. And Chuka and Champawat, even though I don't like the looks, but I wanted tiger cubs on my back especially since HOPE doesn't give you any ongoing memento item. I finished the precursor and maybe some day will do phase four to assemble the Gifts and craft the shortbow. Not until I feel my guild hall has advanced somewhat -- we totally stalled on elder wood planks once the three major contributors had to use all their wood for C&C due to tiger cub cuteness. Months later I'm still burned out on gathering wood.

One day I may make Bifrost because I love its looks too. I'm just not psyched for it. Waiting and seeing the remaining gen 2 ones before I decide to go for another one.

I have difficulty choosing, too. I have a ranger/druid, and I thought "Well, I have an ascended longbow already, I could use a legendary staff." So I started Nevermore, before realizing I could not make it because I am not an artificer. So I thought I'd go with my OTHER favorite Rangery weapon, an axe, and I started the tiger one, only to realize that again (d'oh) I could not make it because I was not a weaponsmith. So I began Kudzu the longbow. Now I have an alt who is a 500 level weaponsmith (and another working on Artificer) and I am waffling a little over whether I should continue Kudzu or go back to the axe, since I find I prefer double axes to the longbow lately. And then I bought the recipe for Howl, mainly because I just want the wolf totem gizmo, and that's looking considerably easier than any of the others, but I've never even tried using a warhorn, so going for a legendary seems kind of stupid.

Tough decisions.

My first legendary was chosen for my by RNG. Dawn dropped so, why not. After that, it was a matter of "Well, since I have Sunrise..." Two years after that, Eternity was born. Then somehow I had a mental breakdown and decided to make Nevermore. And when it was announced that Necro (my beloved main) was getting a torch, I fueled the Tyrian economy for a week by buying up all the wood and mithril there was and made Flames of War.

For myself, I go based on theme.I have a Male Sylvari Ranger.When I went to decide which Legendary Staff I wanted to use, I took into consideration:1) The style of it stowed and combat2) The different effects upon using it

For me, Nevermore won out.[i made Bitfrost before Heart of Thorns, so now it's just sitting in my bank]

By actual "what weapon do you make first?"I go by what will get the most use.

The choice of my first and only legendary weapon so far came via a tiny asura princess I met while doing the Frostgorge Sound Champ train many years ago.She was dressed finely and wowed me with her Meteorologicus.I was lucky to get a hammer precursor drop back then and sold it for the Meteorologicus precursor.I've not made another legendary weapon since then, reason being the only skin that attracted me was the Twilight, but my main back then which was a necromancer did not have access to GS, and even now with Reaper, I still prefer Staff over GS.

Archived