Core Tyria Guild Halls

Martzi.7341

Ahay fellow Tyrians!

No, I'm not lazy to continue the existing "old LA as GH" threads (nor stupid to not search for them).

As much as I would vote a "HELL YEAH" if ANet asked me about it, I'd as YOU, the community about other Core Tyrian locations as Guild Halls.
Locations lost to dragon attacks during personal /living world stories, or  racial themed ones (as I mentioned above, no I wont list old LA here as idea of mine).

- Claw Island (and thelittle ones surrounding it)
- Krytan: Something inspired by pre-mord Fort Salma, Triskel Quay, Seraph's Landing and Eldvin Monastery. Or even based on Ebonhawke.
- Shiverpeaks: Leadfoot Village (ok it's not in the Shiverpeaks, but its norn styled), Cragstead.
- Orr: well, like anything in Orr with some pact style buildings (Cathedral of Eternal Radiance X Fort Trinity).
- Ascalon: a mixture of old Ascalonian and Charr architecture.
- Some of the old dungeons  would make decent GH locations (AC, CM, TA, CoE).

Share your toughts and ideas for other possible GH options!
PS: Would be cool to read some ideas from dev's too. What would the "big guys" see in their own game 😛

Edited by Elbritil.3817
better articulation, transparency
  • Like 4
  • Confused 3

I'd be open to guild halls being created for areas in the core maps, but I think they should prioritize tidying up the guild hall system first. A number of people have put forth laundry lists of improvements they'd like to see made to missions, rewards, decorations, scribing, and other guild content, so an update to address these paired with a handful of new halls seems like good packaging.

Going even bigger with this idea, they could also put out a chunky patch of QoL updates (visual noise reduction, more settings) and core game TLC (repairing stalling/disabled events, broken metas), as there are quite a few things that have been broken/incomplete almost since launch. Using the living world as a tool to draw people's attention back to core maps might also help with the delivery of this imaginary update.

It'd be a big investment of resources to be sure, but if you were to bring guild halls to central Tyria, I think this would be a good way to handle a lot of related items at once.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

I'd like to see a lot of the guild halls from GW1 find some sort of reiteration in GW2.  The catacombs guild hall was beautiful (and the same sort of feel exists in GW2, you can find it in a couple of places), as was the Shiverpeak one and the Canthan one.  I've always been disappointed in the lack of variety of the guild hall possibilities in GW2, which is mostly why I never bothered to go after one for my small family-and-friends guild.

Edited by Lyssia.4637
  • Confused 1

Klaw Island= a big yes(let a guild stand in defense of LA, the island itself and new structures could look like the old LA making players happy)
Kryta = Lets go with Kessex hills the Wizards Tower. 
Shiverpeaks = Lets go with outside of Eye of the North, in the surrounding area somewhere. 
Orr = I would say go with the very south point of the area that has no current map
Ascalon= I say go below the Plains of Ashford map and to the left of Feild of Ruin, to a unused portion of the world map. 
Tarnished Coast= Between Rata sum and the Grove. large unused portion of map there. 
Lastly one located in the Mist's itself that leads to Heart of the mists and Edge of the Mists/Obsidian sanctum for those competitive guilds .

• Like 1