Ranked PvP Oddities

lightstalker.1498

It's just my perspective, but I play both modes, ranked and unranked. But I seem to have more blowouts in ranked going either way, other than when I face the full noobstomper collectives you see in unranked occasionally. I also notice more DC's, rage quitters and just plain quitters for no apparent reason. I also seem more "players" that I question their human component by their actions in ranked only, and not the usual new player actions, just weird stuff like inabilities to jump puzzle and locking on no matter where I am after comin out of stealth, like a pet or clone or minion...uncanny.

Just feels like there is some missing balance when the matches have a duo of players that are outrageously better than the rest of the lot in the game. I tried all hours but there seems to be no safe spot other than kinda-ish during a more populated prime time, but we run the risk of having players in that time that while they have high rating, I suspect it is due to an acclimatization to their class giving them free rating...they don't seem to understand rotations, and I imagine their focus in on their skillbar rather than their opponent or minimap.

Oh well, and balance is abysmal. How can I find enjoyment in this mode as a mediocre player? Should I just give up and ruin other's experience by pure trolling? It seems to be the only way to find satisfaction, the ability to freely grief team mates and help out my enemies goes virtually unpunished, not even the actual losers that cheat get removed. Maybe I should see how low I can get in rating, at the cost of my team. I feel like if I learn to enjoy their anger, this could be a very lucrative opportunity.

Welp, off to the shitshow, see you guys in game. Bring salt.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I don't think a few artificially good players who can't win by themselves is reason enough to go and take it out on a bunch of random players.

Pretty much everyone deals with the same issues, so it wouldn't really be solving anything.

My personal recommendation would be to either: 

(A)Go and play Unranked or ATs instead until DuoQ or Ranked get altered or removed

or

(B)Start playing the most annoying build you can possibly think of for your profession. Then commit this new power against the top DuoQs that helped get us here.

Years of mental conditioning from winning just about every single game have left most these top DuoQs with very battered and bruised attention spans. They really do not like things like Bunker Builds, CC Spam, Blind and stealth spam etc. 

Anything that feels like it would disrupt a super cool windows movie maker montage should be considered as an option.

Namaste and good luck 🙏

9 hours ago, FrownyClown.8402 said:

Duo que is the only way to break that 50% win ratio it seems. 2 coordinated dps can carry an entire game. 

Not just two coordinated DPS, two coordinated supports can do the same thing. Seen them cover each other and just hold mid the whole game against the entire enemy team while their Thief decaps the outer points, and teammates never seem to understand how to play sides even in the upper divisions.