[fixed] Mirage Axe Ambush Bug

=== As of December 13 2022 this has been fixed ===

On mirage when using an axe, if you gain access to your ambush skill either via picking up a mirage mirror or using your dodge, your ambush skill will disappear and you will have the normal first axe auto "lacerating chop" again. This results in the player being unable to cast the ambush skill at all, that they have the "auto attack" function activated for their first skill or not. This only happens if you have the Mirage Axe Trait "Mirrored Axes".  Unequipping the trait will allow you to ambush like normal, even when gaining access to your ambushes mid 3rd axe auto. 

Video example of with/without trait :

EDIT :
An updated video to show that this bug is still happening in current patch as of today October 19th 2022. This was tested with no gear, no trinkets, only a main-hand axe, no boons, no class specific buffs and minimal traits (only the mirage trait-line and in some cases the mirrored axes trait). I swap between a level 80 white berserker axe with no runes and a level 0 fine mighty axe to show that the skin, rarity, upgrade or stat of the axe is irrelevant to this bug.

Axe third auto + Ambush Bug :
In this video I demonstrate the bug between the third axe auto and the axe ambush. First, I show the interaction between the axe's third first skill Mirror Strikes and using the mirage's dodge to gain access to my ambush skill, Imaginary Axes. In this scenario, I dodge in the middle of my Mirror Strikes animation and gain access to my Imaginary Axes. After Mirror Strikes finish casting, my character casts imaginary axes. 

I then select the trait Mirrored Axes and go to show the interaction again. In this second scenario, after my Mirror Strikes finishes casting, my first skill slot simply flips back the first skill Lacerating Chop and does not give me the opportunity to cast Imaginary Axes at all. I then remove the "auto attack" function from my 1 skill to show that this also happens without. I then change my main-hand axe to a level 0 fine mighty axe to show that the skin, rarity, upgrade or stat does not affect this bug and that it can happen no matter what kind of axe main-hand you are using.

In both demonstrations I go inside and outside the hitbox to show that the character's position (in or out of the enemy's hitbox) does not matter.
I have put timestamps on my video to allow for an easier viewing experience. 

A second video to show that this also happens with picking up mirrors and not just by dodging.

Edited by LuxRoy.9230
fixed
  • Like 13
  • Thanks 2

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

An updated video to show that this bug is still happening in current patch as of today October 19th 2022. This was tested with no gear, no trinkets, only a main-hand axe, no boons, no class specific buffs and minimal traits (only the mirage trait-line and in some cases the mirrored axes trait). I swap between a level 80 white berserker axe with no runes and a level 0 fine mighty axe to show that the skin, rarity, upgrade or stat of the axe is irrelevant to this bug.

Axe third auto + Ambush Bug :
In this video I demonstrate the bug between the third axe auto and the axe ambush. First, I show the interaction between the axe's third first skill Mirror Strikes and using the mirage's dodge to gain access to my ambush skill, Imaginary Axes. In this scenario, I dodge in the middle of my Mirror Strikes animation and gain access to my Imaginary Axes. After Mirror Strikes finish casting, my character casts imaginary axes. 

I then select the trait Mirrored Axes and go to show the interaction again. In this second scenario, after my Mirror Strikes finishes casting, my first skill slot simply flips back the first skill Lacerating Chop and does not give me the opportunity to cast Imaginary Axes at all. I then remove the "auto attack" function from my 1 skill to show that this also happens without. I then change my main-hand axe to a level 0 fine mighty axe to show that the skin, rarity, upgrade or stat does not affect this bug and that it can happen no matter what kind of axe main-hand you are using.

In both demonstrations I go inside and outside the hitbox to show that the character's position (in or out of the enemy's hitbox) does not matter.
I have put timestamps on my video to allow for an easier viewing experience. 

Edit :
Video to show that the bug will also occur even if the mesmer doesn't dodge ; gaining access to the ambush skill via a mirage mirror will also result in the same problem.

Edited by LuxRoy.9230
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Thanks for all the work you've done on this, LuxRoy! As a class-breaking bug-reporting enthusiast, I would hope that ANet addresses this. 

Even if their team isn't sure how to fix this, or it is a low priority in their backlog, it would go miles in goodwill towards the players if they would acknowledge that these bugs are even on their radar.

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • LuxRoy.9230 changed the title to [fixed] Mirage Axe Ambush Bug