Née help with ideas for something other then lb/gs

captrowdy.9561

Celesstial can work, yes.  I'd do dagger /X; I think all options are viable (torch if you want burn, dagger for #4, and axe if you run prelude lash and want to wreck with whirling defense) and axe / warhorn though, and run nature magic

That way you can build 25 stacks of might pretty instantly by using axe then merging with pet.  Nature magic will also give you WH cooldowns and AoE weakness and whatnot.  

Something like BM/NM/SB with all cele stats and above weapons.  Should have pratically perma boon uptime on things like fury and might (thanks to copious amounts of quickness via dagger) while also having ridiculous uptime on protection and still doing good damage.

I'd stay away from WS unless you are trying an actual condition build though.  As the defense options are overrated compared to NM--because bear stance pretty much replaces having to blow survival skills to cleanse.  So that just leaves the condition and poison options in WS, which I find don't work well for hybrid.

Edited by Gotejjeken.1267

6 hours ago, usulyagmur.4092 said:

I’m currently using Lord Hizen’s pve build, it’s so fun, tanky and it has pretty high dps. Lastly, you’re running d/d, d/t on that build. You can check it on his YouTube channel.

I've just taken a Ranger with this build right through all the current open world maps to the end of Champions, definately recommended. Didnt bat an eyelid and some of the condition ticks were surprisingly high

This is the build

http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?POwAgi%2FlZweYRMJGKeqXfP3REH-zRJYkRLfZkZK0bBo3BIctwbh3PN-e

• Like 1

15 hours ago, kenny.7236 said:

Running a modified version of Lord Hizen built.

Celestial gear instead of trailblazer;

Dagger + axe and shortbow.

I also did some changes like that. Ngl, I liked full cele version more. But it deals way less damage compared to trailblazer. Good thing is it made me feel more tankier, because of boon duration: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?POABgih/lZweYRMJGKeqXfP3REH-zxIY1on/MyUK0rKQpHgw1DvlFl2A-e

Edited by usulyagmur.4092

3 hours ago, usulyagmur.4092 said:

I also did some changes like that. Ngl, I liked full cele version more. But it deals way less damage compared to trailblazer. Good thing is it made me feel more tankier, because of boon duration: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?POABgih/lZweYRMJGKeqXfP3REH-zxIY1on/MyUK0rKQpHgw1DvlFl2A-e

I changed from trailblazer to celestial as I was doing map completion on core maps and objects there do not take condition damage (up to Dry Top).

2 hours ago, captrowdy.9561 said:

I threw on some cele and did short bow/dagger dagger. Good times. Until I got into WvW…not much damage. what if I did cele and used trailblazer trinkets? 

For WvW I'd either go all power or all condi--seems like you want condi, so then just go all Trailblazer. 

Playing celestial in WvW is tricky because what I found is you really need to craft a build that relies around poison and do most condi damage that way, while using power as kind of a secondary.  Thats because outside of poision and bleed, ranger's actual condi damage options are lacking; and if you are using condition damage as your secondary source you might as well ignore it entirely and use poison as just a heal denial.

Anyway, celestial just gets kind of messy and falls short of just going for a single focus. Those focuses will be either immob + bleed, or power and nuking people.