It took almost a decade but FINALLY!! :D

12 minutes ago, Teratus.2859 said:

Yeah Zhaitan was cool to look at but really bad to fight lol

Problem is doing a whole model like that is difficult, and when they do it they have to limit how much we can interact with it.
Personally I don't mind that so much though, Chasing Kralk through the mists is still one of my favourite moments in Gw2 even if was basically a glorified rail shooter.
I've never seen anything like that in another MMO.. hell even in most single player games.

If Dragon Fights have to be one only and that choice comes down to Epicness vs functionality then honestly I would choose Epicness.
But Mouth of Mordremoth did prove there is some room for both, and Kralk showed that it doesn't have to be a one and done type deal either, fighting Kralk in multiple phases was one of the big reasons why I consider him the best Elder Dragon story in Gw2 by a long shot.

Oh yeah, I agree that the final fight, both outside and against his heart and mind, was super well done, and the final story mission moved me deeply. However, the prior part where he got stuck in the wall and we were only seeing the front of him and were literally poking his eye thinking that it would do something (really?) was absolutely hysterical and in no way "epic."

Then we got the same presentation of Drakkar (only saw its front and bashed its claws), Jormag and Primordus. Those fights felt in no way epic, either, on the contrary, they were rather sad (however, the Drakkar meta has cool mechanics with the portals and therefore is a fun meta to play).

The Kralkatorrik flight mission was indeed amazing and well done, regardless of how comical his elephant feet looked. 😆

Let's hope the Deep Sea Dragon will have both, a cool, complete dragon model and great fight mechanics. 🙂

Edited by Ashantara.8731

2 hours ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

Oh yeah, I agree that the final fight, both outside and against his heart and mind, was super well done, and the final story mission moved me deeply. However, the prior part where he got stuck in the wall and we were only seeing the front of him and were literally poking his eye thinking that it would do something (really?) was absolutely hysterical and in no way "epic."

The bit with the eye was kinda funny lol
But I did like the parts before that where we had to blast him with the crystals and stuff, that was pretty sweet overall.
Specially the part when we p***ed him off and he tried to blast us XD
That was one of those fun uh oh moments haha

2 hours ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

Then we got the same presentation of Drakkar (only saw its front and bashed its claws), Jormag and Primordus. Those fights felt in no way epic, either, on the contrary, they were rather sad (however, the Drakkar meta has cool mechanics with the portals and therefore is a fun meta to play).

The Kralkatorrik flight mission was indeed amazing and well done, regardless of how comical his elephant feet looked. 😆

Let's hope the Deep Sea Dragon will have both, a cool, complete dragon model and great fight mechanics. 🙂

Drakkar was ok for a world boss although im still not a big fan of his redesign.

It would have been cool if he came out of the ice a few times and we could see his whole model, even if it was just him dashing through us going from one wall to another.

Primordus and Jormag though.. oh boy, the fight with those dragons was absolute garbage.
2 Elder Dragons at once should have been the most epic thing to happen in Gw2 possibly the most epic thing to ever happen in the game and it was as bad or even worse than Zhaitan imo.

In all honesty I would actually prefer if they cut the Primordus and Jormag clash out from the end of the Dragon Storm mission and instead add a skippable 1 minute cutscene showing the dragons in full body models having an epic fight instead.
They should do the same thing for the last phase of the Zhaitan fight as well, instead of the pew pew pew canons phase, replace it with a cutscene showing Zhaitan getting absolutely rekt by rapid cannonfire from multiple airships.

It wont make those in game fights any better, but it would certainly make the deaths of those 3 dragons far far more epic.