I hope Anet reverts the dodge change from Saintgaroo last beta

Knighthonor.4061

Eh, I disagree. The spec still has a ton of potential. Alliance Stance is very strong for support. You can run Jalis and Alliance and actually have very respectable heals and cleanse without taking Ventari. You can take Ventari and have insane cleanse and healing potential. You can still run Ventari/Jalis if you want too I suppose, but I see a lot of value in the Alliance Stance. The spec is not without flaws by any means but it doesn't kill the spec. Between beta 1 and 2 it improved significantly . I personally dislike the fact that dodges cost 100 energy, but for WvW as a support that can take stats like Minstrel's as well as energy sigil, it is probably the least affected by the change. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

15 hours ago, Za Shaloc.3908 said:

Eh, I disagree. The spec still has a ton of potential. Alliance Stance is very strong for support. You can run Jalis and Alliance and actually have very respectable heals and cleanse without taking Ventari. You can take Ventari and have insane cleanse and healing potential. You can still run Ventari/Jalis if you want too I suppose, but I see a lot of value in the Alliance Stance. The spec is not without flaws by any means but it doesn't kill the spec. Between beta 1 and 2 it improved significantly . I personally dislike the fact that dodges cost 100 energy, but for WvW as a support that can take stats like Minstrel's as well as energy sigil, it is probably the least affected by the change. 

I disagree.  It got worse.  Support healing output was borderline Firebrand/Scrapper level. We had multiple jumps that could dish out major support while not being as big of a burden from the dodges limited mechanics which pretty much make you a walking target bomb 💣 for zergs.  The level of support it dished out made up for that liability.  This current version straight up takes that away without giving anything to compensate.  

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Knighthonor.4061 said:

I disagree.  It got worse.  Support healing output was borderline Firebrand/Scrapper level. We had multiple jumps that could dish out major support while not being as big of a burden from the dodges limited mechanics which pretty much make you a walking target bomb 💣 for zergs.  The level of support it dished out made up for that liability.  This current version straight up takes that away without giving anything to compensate.  

In terms of dodging performance, yes you are right. But if running Alliance stance I would say generally it felt better in the last beta due to them improving the alliance swap stuff. With Vindi you can run GS too for the extra block, and you have Battle Dance (? I think that is the name) to help with more mitigation outside of dodging. 

Not to say that I prefer dodges to cost 100 endurance. I think it is poor design and would have massively preferred if they brought them ALL down to 50 while decreasing their power level. But I still think support Vindi is strong and will outperform support Herald in WvW by quite a bit. I am very very excited to play it again.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

13 hours ago, Za Shaloc.3908 said:

In terms of dodging performance, yes you are right. But if running Alliance stance I would say generally it felt better in the last beta due to them improving the alliance swap stuff. With Vindi you can run GS too for the extra block, and you have Battle Dance (? I think that is the name) to help with more mitigation outside of dodging. 

Not to say that I prefer dodges to cost 100 endurance. I think it is poor design and would have massively preferred if they brought them ALL down to 50 while decreasing their power level. But I still think support Vindi is strong and will outperform support Herald in WvW by quite a bit. I am very very excited to play it again.

I actualy love the leap and damage thing, but on 1vs to small scale is serve the tea while bags are raining... just wait for it, enter in s reaper mode and kill it.

Any PoF and hoT spec obliterates it :) not as easy as bends2all elite spec, still not a issue.

Vindicators imo on the last beta were not a threat but a treat, only heavy  condi spam elite specs were strong and easy to play.

When i played vindicator i understood why... my crits were 1k-2k on full zerker  while enemy crits were 6k to 12k...

Edited by Aeolus.3615
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

I agree. The tradeoff was supposed to be NO ESTACKABLE DODGES in exchange of MORE DAMAGE, but now in  reality is 1/4 OF A DODGE in exchange of SAMEY DAMAGE (but physical).

I think that will kill the spec in PvP (which probably doesn't matter since happens the same with most of the new specs and PvP is beyond dead anyway), but also will affect other game modes since bothcondi Renegade and condi Herald can output similar damage while being more tankier, so, what's the point?

Also, the Vindicator has less mobility than core Rev/other specs: the jump is very slow moving and blocked by any slant in the terrain; is nothing like Crusader's "Falling Sword" in DIII which allows you to cross half of the screen to relocate your character. A slow moving weapon with stolen attacks from other classes with a single, slowly recharging dodge which gets wrecked by weakness and leaves you rooted after its use.

• Like 1