Symbol Change Idea

Arken.3725

Hey ya'll, I just had a great idea to help make symbols more useful in spvp without an overhaul.  Even if this was implemented, I'd still think symbols would need an overhaul but this would help tremendously.

Know how skills like Spectral Ring and Temporal Curtain grant boons when you touch them once and never again?  

Why not do the same for symbols?  This would make it far more interactive and wouldn't require you to stand-still for so long.

So for example:  Symbol of Blades grants 1.5 seconds of fury per pulse of 5 pulses.  Just allow it to give 7.5 seconds of fury when you touch it once instead of having to stand-still for so long.

• Thanks 3

That was how I envisioned a guardian mobile spec to operate to an extent. If I was making design for WB, I would have made WB have no symbols. Instead casting a symbol deals 50% of its total damage, over the duration, instantly. When we cast the symbol we get 65-75% of the total boon duration. Overall damage to be managed though elite trait multipliers. This makes a mobile elite… mobile…

This is more of a concept. If something like this is implemented will require through testing to hammer out the right damage numbers. For WB, I just hope virtues are changed to not be a ground effect. Who thought that having ground virtues for a mobile elite is a functional design?!

It would certainly help.

They could also reduce the pulses and duration down to 3 total and roll the damage into 33% per pulse rather than the current 5 pulses and 20% per pulse.

Perhaps this could be a Willbender specific change, and in addition to that make the Virtues proc every 3 hits.

Edited by Ezrael.6859
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...