What the...? Go look at your saved skirmish chests

So I just noticed my skirmish chests don't stack suddenly. Turns out even though the have the same name, the new ones since EoD went live now have 'Testimonies of Jade Heroics', and the 'old' ones now have 'Testimonies of Desert Heroics'.

So they basically just screwed us, adding yet ANOTHER currency forcing more grind instead of letting us use our other Testimonies to train, they pulled a bait and switch. Not cool Anet, not cool AT ALL So much about this exp is making me not happy. Might be time to shelve it and play something else for a bit...

• Confused 7

A Hero Point is a Hero Point.  It does not matter where it comes from.  I used Hero Points from Heart of Thorn and Path of Fire to unlock my End of Dragons Elite Specialization before I even left Kryta. 

If you have a character(s) that want to map-complete/region-complete Cantha, they can use Testimonies of Jade Heroics.  Otherwise, the is no difference in the different 'Heroics'. 

• Like 3

how about this here: atm you are unable to craft ur legendary armor, because u need certificate of heroics, but you only get jade ones. and here is the thing: THE VENDOR DOES NOT SELL THOSE FOR JADE! it only sells for the old currency, and you cant get those anylonger! cheers

Edited by Gilderin.4763
  • Confused 2

37 minutes ago, Gilderin.4763 said:

how about this here: atm you are unable to craft ur legendary armor, because u need certificate of heroics, but you only get jade ones. and here is the thing: THE VENDOR DOES NOT SELL THOSE FOR JADE! it only sells for the old currency, and you cant get those anylonger! cheers

You can trade your EoD testimonies for the corresponding HoT ones at the notary, and use those to buy what you need from the vendor.

• Like 1

How do we get Memories of Battle now they are not in the skirmish chests?  The numbers needed for legendary armour and wvw legendary jewelry (eg Conflux) make the few from reward tracks virtually worthless.  I'm not aware of any merchant converting items to memories of battle.

2 hours ago, Operose.4012 said:

How do we get Memories of Battle now they are not in the skirmish chests?  The numbers needed for legendary armour and wvw legendary jewelry (eg Conflux) make the few from reward tracks virtually worthless.  I'm not aware of any merchant converting items to memories of battle.

I believe they have never been in skirmish chests..?

They come from reward tracks and pip tracks.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Operose.4012 said:

From the Wiki:  https://wiki.guildwars2.com/index.php?title=Memory_of_Battle&oldid=1946256

I was about to return to WvW after yet another long break again. Thanks for letting me know about this. Thankfully the community on my server (Abaddon's Mouth) is very nice and doesn't mind people taking long pauses. 

Edited by Cynder.2509
my instead of ym (I still need to get used to this new keyboard)