what spec is viable for EoD?

Fastjack.2704

So Rev is nerved to Moon and back, what spec can one use?

Vindicator offers nothing to the game as i see it. My condi renegate feels useless after the rune nerf.

I play solo and i only have one arm. I only have a Revenat at level 80

What spec can i play?

After all they sayed bring the player not the spec

11 hours ago, Fastjack.2704 said:

Vindicator offers nothing to the game as i see it. My condi renegate feels useless after the rune nerf.

Usually I'm suspicious about posters with a single post, but I'll bite the bait. Replace your build with this one:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PmgAUZldQMsGqj5QcsHyj9RksAigju1/TF-zRRYkBbGVvSJzQt3oqjEIkCQ4Dg4agHjf0AiPNA-e

You can replace Shiro + Jalis with Kalla + Mallyx (more damage, worse survability) and also going mace + axe instead of staff (not needed, tho), or go more tankier changing Corruption by Retribution 1,3,3. Anyway: Nighmare runes are way stronger than Tormenting in terms of damage (Tormenting are better you always camp in mace, the short bow favours Nightmare), and now that the sustain of the later have been reduced no reason to not go for more dps.

I'm not sure if you are trying to optimize for certain content - but this would work for general PvE and most OW content, while keeping your tormenting runes. You can also spec Retribution and go top, bottom, bottom for more sustain. Can also be run on full Celestial, if that's your sort of thing.

Vipers/Trailblazer (might be closer to your present gear setup)

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PmABkex7lpQIMLKidRSMMCiJSgsCSgjqkWrF-zRRYkRP2MCelSmRavhVHJQIFg3HAx5xgHNg4TD-e

Full Celestial (regen will hit harder)

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PmABkex7lpQIMLKidRSMMCiJSgsCSgjqkWrF-zRRYVRPvZEMlSmRavhVHJQIFg3HAx5xgHNg4TD-e

Edited by hainese.9216

On 3/1/2022 at 12:31 AM, Fastjack.2704 said:

So Rev is nerved to Moon and back, what spec can one use?

I play solo and i only have one arm. I only have a Revenat at level 80

What spec can i play?

After all they sayed bring the player not the spec

I've been doing fine with Vindicator so far. Not sure how you work around your specific issues, and how much that impacts you, but revenant doesn't feel nerfed in any particular way. If anything, the few times I've hopped out of EoD to get stuff from HoT or PoF I was impressed how quickly vindicator killed things. 

1 hour ago, Aeolus.3615 said:

every spec is viable for pve...

@hainese.9216 dont forget torment runes heals were removed.

Yes! The idea was to make use of the herald trait that buffs regeneration to synergize with the regeneration on torment proc of the new 6th Tormenting Rune Bonus... I haven't tested it, but I would imagine it gives a pretty strong heal tick per second. Def not as imba as before, but analogous

As an aside, Tormenting Rune might still be viable on Condi Mirage because of the regeneration synergy

Edited by hainese.9216
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, KillaFin.9302 said:

For open world, but only the build percieved as "meta" get's group invites.

No, hold on ... depends on the group. This myth needs to end because it's serious mis-information to people. 

Every spec is viable in PVE ... EVEN in grouped content. The question of what a group wants does not determine viability. 

Edited by Obtena.7952
  • Like 1
  • Confused 3

2 hours ago, Obtena.7952 said:

No, hold on ... depends on the group. This myth needs to end because it's serious mis-information to people. 

Every spec is viable in PVE ... EVEN in grouped content. The question of what a group wants does not determine viability. 

Viability has in there only one  meta way to reach it viability :) this is the issue cause every other builds are stated has not viable since meta builds tend to be  towards gimmicks apealing the less skilled players, ence less effort builds aka metas sometimes helps way to much.

This is why i kinda have been hating gw2 balance and class design all over this years, it kinda tricks players to play one build to rule them all, wich players arent far from what game is mostly "play what it broken or carry you"  look at the forum.. if aint broken or not carry is not usuable...

Edited by Aeolus.3615

22 minutes ago, Aeolus.3615 said:

This is why i kinda have been hating gw2 balance and class design all over this years, it kinda tricks players to play one build to rule them all, wich players arent far from what game is mostly "play what it broken or carry you"  look at the forum.. if aint broken or not carry is not usuable...

Well, let's be clear ... NOTHING in the game design leads a player to a prejudice for using optimal builds. So the game isn't tricking you. In fact, Anet continually establishes that players are able to play how they want. That's always been true. 

So, any 'tricks' that are being employed to give players the impression they have to play optimal builds are either based on a players past experience from other MMO's that DO require optimal builds to be successful or it's from players that insist that's how others should play when teamed with them.

In otherwords, it's either self-imposed restrictions or a misinterpretation of a team interaction. 

Edited by Obtena.7952
  • Like 1

Running power vindicator marauder gear with fireworks runes, sigil of force and stamina on greatsword, run in open with eternity then literaly jump jump jump until room is cleared, every time your jumping min 20k-50k pending might/vuln/exposed and every kill is reseting your jumps so your 99% evading hits. Meme build but super effective if like pulling large groups.

On top of condi Renegade I would also add condi Soulbeast: wasn't touched by the nerfs and doesn't use torment runes. When merged with the pet, reaches insane stats in condition damage.  Has tanky stats, 24 seconds of stability each 60 seconds and with short bow can be played mixing AoE mele and range. Build:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?POwAgi/lZweYRMJGKeqXfP3REH-zRJYkRLfZkZK0bBo3BIctwbh3PN-e

17 hours ago, Obtena.7952 said:

Well, let's be clear ... NOTHING in the game design leads a player to a prejudice for using optimal builds. So the game isn't tricking you. In fact, Anet continually establishes that players are able to play how they want. That's always been true. 

So, any 'tricks' that are being employed to give players the impression they have to play optimal builds are either based on a players past experience from other MMO's that DO require optimal builds to be successful or it's from players that insist that's how others should play when teamed with them.

In otherwords, it's either self-imposed restrictions or a misinterpretation of a team interaction. 

i am nota a metaflower so no the game does not trick me i even play arround with zealots and cleric pleb stats on my main rev, but  the people i talk and see talking about builds and meta builds is what i wroted above, most tend to belive that meta are the only functional builds and every thing else wont work.

Even when ic people asking wich stats give the best healing ouput, i see responses saying  "minstrells is the stats with more healing power in game" well ive seen this quite a few times... not sure if i say its players fault, something in game is missleading them for not understanting whats the real reason players m8 use minstrell?

wich is the whole same thing towards classes and builds and their stats, they are not seen as recomendations but has the only viable way to play.

Edited by Aeolus.3615
  • Like 1