As a Guardian Main, I’m lost..

I mean the new elite spec from what I’m seeing is absolutely terrible and they’ve made no changes, is it worth investing any time that one day it’ll be viable in PvP or anything ? I mean it seems like I won’t even be able to get through the story solo with that elite spec, I seem to be struggling with vindicator. I wanna try specter but I see complaints about that as well.

I guess I’m just at a loss, what is everyone playing elite spec wise and why ? Is there hope for this guardian spec or do I move onto a new class? If so, what do you recommend in terms of Anet fixing issues in terms of the elite specs?

• Like 5
  • Confused 2

I’m mostly ignoring the new specs. Having fun in Cantha on my mirage, holosmith, and daredevil.

I’m not a buildcrafter and wasn’t impressed by any of the new especs during betas, so I’m watching other player’s experience and waiting to see if people find something fun in them.

My renegade was left behind in the Crystal Desert until he stops quietly weeping.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

I've played through Seitung with Vindicator.

It's feels weak, it's jump mechanic is clunky and takes to long that I feels disconnected from the game every time I use it.

I'd recommend anyone to just use their prior main. The new specializations in their current iterations aren't worth using.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Zeko.6418 said:

I guess I’m just at a loss, what is everyone playing elite spec wise and why ?

I'm at my first playthrough on my Dragonhunter. 🙂

Why? Because I know how to play it and don't have to struggle, as EoD - so far - is yet another dodgefest. :classic_rolleyes: Also, I don't find any of the new specs interesting.

Edited by Ashantara.8731
  • Like 4
  • Sad 1

I'll be playing Dragonhunter most likely. I never quite got the hang of Firebrand and DH ended up just fitting how I play better almost as an extension of how I played core Guardian. As for Willbender, I didn't enjoy it at all in the betas. Too many issues with it that make it fundamentally worse as a spec in my opinion than the other available e-specs for Guardian. I liked the concept of the Willbender, but in execution, it just doesn't work imo.

Edited by Faridah.8431
  • Like 2

Ya, I wouldn't stress about playing the new specs. I never used path of fire ones right out the shoot either. the old specs are fine to do this content with. I play necro, didn't use the gun & used a hybrid build with new spec, my engineer, i won't use the mech because my scrapper is OP. Just go enjoy the new content, let the new specs get made better down the road here.