Old Friends breaking net connection

16 hours ago, Azureus.5428 said:

The "Old Friends" story mission keeps breaking down the net connection and resetting to the first jumps in the Mists. It happens after crashing with the final vessel and waking up on the beach. ;/

Haven't managed to leap that far; it seems to be stuck. Otoh, it could be server lag causing all the issues. Entire update is downloaded, and that cured most of my issues with Prismatic Leap, but the Mission seems stuck and it's not allowing progress. This  mission needed better testing; we don't all live within 50 milliseconds of the server. But, thanks for the warning.

Mari

Yeah same issues here. Can't progress past this story. Tried it on several characters several times, and nothing. Always disconnects right after the cutscene where you wash up on the beach.

Had no issue with this on launch day. Was able to get my Ranger through just fine. But trying this today, and now I can't progress past this point with any character. Was playing with guildmates as well and they are all crashing at the same part too. None of us can progress past that cutscene.

Still happening at 11:00pm EST March 3. 😞

The cutscene for the beach starts to play and then dc.

It's unskippable...

ETA: First character on Monday worked fine, this was my second character attempt. It took 3 tries and then it finally went. Then the achievement for letting myself out of the cell didn't register.

Edited by WordCobbler.6138
adding more info

I have same issue here...

.Can't progress past this story.  When my charachter wake up on the beach the game just disconnect from server.. Any idea how can we go through this and play with the game what we paid for????

Edited by Joss.2816

I'm having the same issue.  Tried on 2 different computers and it aways crashed at the exact same place.  Tried 5 times solo and 1 time joing someone elses story.  They went through but my story crashed at the exact same place as normal.  I have already done this on my main on the day of the release but would like to do the story of the alt character but unable to do this without this issue been fixed.

old friends is still bugged btw, i tried completing the instance 5 times in a row, keep getting sent back to the login screen after the cutscene where you wash up on the beach. 11 days since this thread is up and the very first instance that lets you get into the new expac is still not fixed? good job.

edit: after spamming the instance over and over i eventually got in by some miracle

Edited by emtbh.4315

• 1 month later...

Trying to get another character through and the same thing is still happening. This is really annoying/time wasting! I know that techincally I can make my alts the jade bot things, but that's not the point. I'm trying to get other characters through to be able to work on spec collections and mapping and all those other things.

The part that is really annoying is that you basically have to replay the entire Old Friends jumping across most of the ships to wait on a cutscene that probably will end up kicking you again....

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, WordCobbler.6138 said:

Trying to get another character through and the same thing is still happening. This is really annoying/time wasting! I know that techincally I can make my alts the jade bot things, but that's not the point. I'm trying to get other characters through to be able to work on spec collections and mapping and all those other things.

The part that is really annoying is that you basically have to replay the entire Old Friends jumping across most of the ships to wait on a cutscene that probably will end up kicking you again....

Change content streaming option under game settings if not max set it to that.

If on max try one of the other ones.

Linken.6345: Streaming is set to max. Believe me I have tried changing so many settings and things not just on the pc but with the connection and provider... Story drops in this game always happen in very specific instances in level 80 personal story and this one story mission. 😞 It's just extremely frustrating and I've wasted hours using all the suggestions when it's not something on my end.

Inculpatus cedo.9234: To get the jade cores for the bots and do story you need to get past that story step. It's not just about getting to the maps, it's about being able to complete the story.

Edited by WordCobbler.6138
It's late and I forgot to reply to specific posts...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...