Scourge Shades vs Catalyst Sphere

Sunshine.5014

Shade skills trigger at the Scourge's location at the same time at the Shade location. Why does Catalyst Sphere only happens at the target location (despite being worse skills than Shades).

Make Sphere follows the user, or at least make the Ele also receive Sphere's effects regardless of its location (just like Scourge Shades)

• Like 5

Probably because most of the time you should be using the field on yourself anyway to combo? The whole purpose of the field is to combo into and the vast majority of the time with Hammer you'll be in closer range so not far from the location of the field to begin with. Doubling it doesn't make sense. I'd much rather, instead of it working like shade, we just rework the field to drop around where you're standing base, perhaps allowing the field to follow you along too.

Edited by fuzzyp.6295

Shades don't do much power damage outside PVE anymore and the sheer amount of times hammer orbs hit means having it hit at range is a balance nightmare. Since Jade sphere only acts as a field outside PVE (0.01 coefficient) it doesn't need to be cast on the enemy unless you intend to combo with it there.

Edited by Infusion.7149

Its an ideal to have it say trigger or some how stay on the catalyst but say get a stronger effect. I could even see that being a GM trait where you lose the ability to ground target the effect as well as having more then 1 atument field up at once. Kind of like how it was when it first came out with out the pAoE effect. It would for sure need a much bigger impact though more boons more dmg maybe even cheap energy cost.

I am not sure having 2 version would be good for the ele class over all anet seems to dislike giving the ele class big aoe effects hehe.

• Like 1