how do i get jade mech

You need to do the EoD story. You get it when the story takes you to the second map. Assuming you mean the jade bot. If you mean the mech for an engineer then that does indeed require getting the mechanist elite spec which requires being lv80 first.

Edited by Khisanth.2948

If you want the engineer one then you need to be level 80 and have enough hero points to unlock the new Mechanist elite spec. You'll get the mech automatically when you equip the spec.

If you want the little jade bot which is available to all professions you need to play through the EoD storyline and you'll be given it.

3 hours ago, Danikat.8537 said:

If you want the engineer one then you need to be level 80 and have enough hero points to unlock the new Mechanist elite spec. You'll get the mech automatically when you equip the spec.

If you want the little jade bot which is available to all professions you need to play through the EoD storyline and you'll be given it.

Yes, but I understand it isn't account bound and you will have to redo the story (including all the dialogue that you can't skip) with each toon after your 1st character earns one.

5 minutes ago, Blude.6812 said:

Yes, but I understand it isn't account bound and you will have to redo the story (including all the dialogue that you can't skip) with each toon after your 1st character earns one.

Nope, that's only if you want for free. Jeweler 400 can give it to other characters with a little recipe.