Research Kit + Research Notes broken?

1 minute ago, Nep Leet.5491 said:

Aye, I'm experiencing the same issue with a number of food items I have crafted today.
When I use the Research Kit, the item is salvaged, but I get nothing back--no Research Notes, nutin'.

I've wasted quite a bit of Gold over it until I realized that I am no longer receiving the Research Papers or whatever item it was producing that you could turn into Research Notes for your Wallet. 😪

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Shouldn't they have thought of it before release? By actually playing perhaps.

I mean it was first thought of mine regarding it, to check Research Kit on cheap stuff.

The Kit simply either shouldn't work on items not giving research notes or warn the user it's possibly a waste.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

confirmed, yesterday (4.3.2022) reserach kit worked on Bowls of Apple Souce, today it doesnt!
thats fine, but I cant actually find any item that i can research anymore :S
can anyone tell me some items that still work?
and yes, ANet should make it more clear which items are salvageble (with any salvage kit or composter) and they should do that in the tooltip so you dont have to buy an item to try salvaging it... or at least list the salvageble items somewhere in the wiki :S
.... besides that minor issue EoD is really great 🙂

Edited by Hobin Rude.1672
  • Like 1

55 minutes ago, Hobin Rude.1672 said:

confirmed, yesterday (4.3.2022) reserach kit worked on Bowls of Apple Souce, today it doesnt!
thats fine, but I cant actually find any item that i can research anymore :S
can anyone tell me some items that still work?
and yes, ANet should make it more clear which items are salvageble (with any salvage kit or composter) and they should do that in the tooltip so you dont have to buy an item to try salvaging it... or at least list the salvageble items somewhere in the wiki :S
.... besides that minor issue EoD is really great 🙂

Recent patch notes: 

• Confused 1

I'm actually having problems salvaging any research notes from food. Tried many different kinds. Not willing to waste more mats to find one that does. 

Made a low level sword and it did salvage for a research note. It would be NICE for Anet to clarify what 'crafted items' actually are for salvaging research notes. 

Edited by Obtena.7952

Same here...First i made loafs of bread before i saw that it does not work to use with research kit anymore. Ok fine -wasted some materials but wth. Then I thought and look for other food to make which works with the kits - was happy to find some. Then I think I wasted 1500 research kits before realizing they work but they do not give me any research notes.. :( :( :(  :(

GGGGRRRRRRRRRR

Just ran into this issue as well with the same Bowls of Candy Corn Custard. 

If they made it to where you won't get research from it, that's one thing, but then it shouldn't consume either item? that's a stack of food and research kits gone.

They're not expensive, but that's not the point!

Edited by Blue Pilot.5648
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Update from my side (6.3.2022):
I found some (cheap) items that you can research salvage, but their price will likely increase just by me mentioning them here:
Healing Green Wood Longbow, Healing Green Wood Scepter, Potion of Nightmare Court Slaying, Minor Potion of Ogre Slaying
I "tested" the Potion of Nightmare Court Slaying a lot and can say that you get a 7.5% chance of getting 2 research notes (2250 pots created 2421 notes)... and now my finger hurts and my brain is dull 😉

Edited by Hobin Rude.1672

IMPORTANT:

some ppl mix up stuff here:

1. you can NOT use the research kit on certain items anymore -> that is NOT a bug. that was a fixed exploit.

2. you CAN use the research kit on certain items, BUT you get NO research notes anymore. -> that is the bug

Edited by Handtuch.6503
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Lord Dumpling.7914 said:

Same here, except i think the issue is character bound? i can salvage into research notes just fine on some characters, but on other characters this issue happens where the item gets destroyed but dont drop research notes.

Was it the exact same item on both characters?

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

Well, then it's not an accurate observation - you cannot say it is character-related when people keep observing that it is item-related.

just went back and indeed, if i give one of the items i tried (Bowls of Candy Corn Custard) to a different character they still dont yield research notes, so yeah my bad its not character related. guess i just had super bad luck that across the 4 characters i tried the different items i salvaged did/didnt return notes :'D

I got a handful of food items from a Box of WvW Supplies; those salvaged into notes fine.

Several dozen Cups of Potato Fries? Salvageable, no notes.

Bowl of Candy Corn Custard? Salvageable, no notes.

Really hoping we at least get like 50 or 100 Research Notes in recompense for this bug. Driving me up the wall with guessing games.

Same problem here. Loaf of Bread can no longer be salvaged, so that's clear. Then I made Hamburgers which can still be salvaged, but I do not receive research notes.

So... either make it so they can't be salvaged, or fix the bug where they don't give research notes? Because this is just a gamble now.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1