Where Can I Find Mini Kirin?

I'm assuming it's something you buy from a heart vendor? It's the perfect mini to match my look and I kind of wanted to get it before I finished story, didn't know if anyone could tell me where it was so I could snatch it before I continue since there's nothing online or in the wiki about it. Thanks!

• Confused 1

I've not seen the mini kirin for sale yet but based on the EoD minis I have seen it's most likely sold by a heart vendor or another vendor taking map currency in an area you can find actual kirin.

I'd like to get one too, and the mini fungal wallow I've heard is also available. The GW1 mini kirin was the first mini pet I saw (my brother had one) and the fungal wallow was the first one I got so it would be nice to get them back again.

• Like 3

• 6 months later...

I haven't found it yet, but I haven't had as much time to look as I expected. I think my initial guess that it comes from a merchant must be wrong, because if that was the case someone would have added it to the Wiki by now. My current guess is it's a random drop, but I don't know where that might be.

• Like 2

The wiki is lacking info on this but it could be a (rare) drop from Valdhertz Crypts mini-dungeon grand chest. The contents are not listed in the wiki most likely because many times the chests can't be looted (a known bug). I've also completed this mini-dungeon few times and even when fully done I could only loot some of the chests and never the grand one.

• Like 1

Mini Kirin is a mini i'd like to have since i have started playing EoD - for similar, GW1 related reasons as Danikat. I have checked all heart vendors - haven't seen him. 

Since wiki says "Binding: Account Bound" - and its a green Mini, i suppose its a gemshop mini. Because Minis that come as inGame drops usually aren't account bound afaik.

Edited by Chay.7852
  • Like 1

On 9/11/2022 at 1:56 AM, Kraken.1943 said:

Has anyone figured this out? I saw someone recently in GW2 that had a mini but they didn't respond to my query of how to get it.

That's strange, the mini doesn't seem to exist in the API yet and as far as I remember, items are normally only whitelisted as soon as at least one player unlocks them. So, if this is still true and it's not just an API error, no one should own this mini yet?

There's a lot of account bound, masterwork minis acquired in game, including most of those added with EoD, so that doesn't mean it's a gem store mini.

Also as far as I know gem store items usually aren't added to the game months in advance. Some don't even appear locked in the wardrobe until a week or so after they're put up for sale, because the data is added in the next update. (I assume that's so players don't get an early preview of what's coming.)

It's possible it's a gem store mini, but it seems unlikely to me.

12 hours ago, Jukhy.2431 said:

The wiki is lacking info on this but it could be a (rare) drop from Valdhertz Crypts mini-dungeon grand chest. The contents are not listed in the wiki most likely because many times the chests can't be looted (a known bug). I've also completed this mini-dungeon few times and even when fully done I could only loot some of the chests and never the grand one.

I've been thinking Echovald Wilds is a likely map, because that's where the kirin are found, and it would explain the missing info and the mini not being in the API.

I'm going to try it and see what I can get. At the very least I can add some info on the chest to the Wiki.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Freya.9075 said:

Oh my. Is this gw2s herobrine? But the cute version. 👀 I hope it’ll be some information soon, it’s a cute mini.

Maybe they plan to release it with Living world or whatever they will call it this time. 

The Kirin is not the only EoD-Mini with a unknow drop-place and no API-entry, there are at least five more minis:

Void Brandbeast, Void Vinetooth, Void Emberknight, Siege Turtle Hatchling, Corrupted Jade Behemoth

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Freya.9075 said:

Oh my. Is this gw2s herobrine? But the cute version. 👀 I hope it’ll be some information soon, it’s a cute mini.

Maybe they plan to release it with Living world or whatever they will call it this time. 

What is a herobrine? Google just came up with a bunch of Minecraft fanfic.

55 minutes ago, Schimmi.6872 said:

The Kirin is not the only EoD-Mini with a unknow drop-place and no API-entry, there are at least five more minis:

Void Brandbeast, Void Vinetooth, Void Emberknight, Siege Turtle Hatchling, Corrupted Jade Behemoth

There's been ones before EoD as well. The most memorable for me was Mini Springer Ramona which one of the developers created for her sister, it took players a lot of time and guesswork to figure out the recipe for it.

On the other hand there's also the mini snake and a few others which were never actually released, along with other items like the Paper-bag helms. So the data being in the game doesn't guarentee it will be available (as weird as that sounds). But I'm hoping the mini kirin isn't one of those.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Danikat.8537 said:

What is a herobrine? Google just came up with a bunch of Minecraft fanfic.

Yes, it’s a minecraft myth. A mystery which went viral a while back. The kirin mini reminded me of it as many players swear they have seen herobrine while it’s not even in the game files when you datamine it. It was ofc trolls, but created a lot of confusion amongst players. Was meant as a joke for ppl who are familiar with the mystery around it as these minis are a mystery as well. 

• Like 1

I finally got around to completing Valdhertz Crypts today. I was able to loot the grand chest but didn't get the mini kirin, but it might be a random drop so that doesn't mean this isn't the source. I'm going to keep trying.

Edit: Looted the chests again today, after doing the whole mini dungeon solo (last time there were 2-4 other people there). No mini kirin but I did remember to record the drops this time so I was able to create pages for both types of chest on the wiki and will keep updating them as I go along.

Edit: Started this on 16th September, it's now 12th October so I've been doing it almost every day for almost a month. I've had 3 rare drops (2 Canthan armour pieces, 1 flame serpent weapon) but no mini. Still not enough data to confidently say it doesn't drop, but enough attempts that I'm getting bored with it and will probably do it less frequently.

Edited by Danikat.8537
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 3 months later...

I wish Anet made all the EoD miniatures, such as Mini Turtle Hatchling etc, available for purchase from Heart Vendor, Trading Post or Gem Store or even Achievements. Some you can buy from Hearts but not all and some you can see on Miniature tab but not in Store anywhere.😕