Willbender's offhand sword needs to turn your main hand #3 into a dual attack

Falseprophet.1502

After thinking about it some more, the real issue w/ Zealot's Defense isn't the lack of a dual-attack skill (stop asking for these, they're never going to do it), but is instead the fact that ZD roots you in place. If you could move during the cast (maybe at like -25% or -50% speed), it'd fix many of the issues.

• Like 4

On 9/13/2022 at 5:21 AM, Crypt.9062 said:

Ya i just finished unlocking willbender, and one im pretty annoyed there power willbender is not great, but also that when wielding this sword you get this really bad skill for willbender, its not great for a class thats zipping around to the target getting into their face to just get rooted in place and fire off slashes, it just feels wrong for this elite spec. 

Please change it to something more intuitive for the elite spec something that feels like it belongs and hopefully something strong or helpful to the class. 

First off, welcome to the forums! There's a slight smell of oppression in the air every pve/pvp patch but I hope you enjoy your stay. Secondly, offhand sword used to feel good (sPvP)... until they hard-nerfed its #4 and #5 damage so badly that the skills no longer feel rewarding.

• 3 months later...

well the offhand skill 4 is a dual attack,i agree tho that minimum skill 3 gets a change when spec to willbender but i would love if we got all 3 main hand skills refreshed for the spec, or if not add sword abilities to some of the virtues and or physical skills idk there is just too much monk in the spec and not enough focus on the fact that we are dual wielding guardians imo.should feel like a dual wielding samurai with some physical skills is ok, F3 is good and the elite skill and heal skill could be better again palm strike is okay but feels more monk less willbender to me reversal of fortune would have been enough of a monk throw back to guild wars one tbh and the physical skills are okay rest should bee dual sword focused and intended to make the spec unique 

Edited by DarkSoul.2348
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, MagicBot.1570 said:

I'd rather have it change the autochain, sw3 is actually a powerful ability

The point of this post would allow the third skill to be improved upon whilst providing some uniqueness to WB and not power creep cWB. If done right, sw3 would be even more powerful (in PVE), be better in WvW/PvP, and allow pWB to be buffed easier. 

On 12/17/2022 at 11:16 PM, Falseprophet.1502 said:

This is the only way to buff power Willbender without powercreeping condi Willbender. Disagree? Look at the recent "buffs" to bring up pWB. It was a better buff for condi WB. 

To be fair, condi WB did need a buff, though it is good where it currently is. Buffing OH sword could be an easy solution.

In addition, It is a terrible idea to have both the major master and grand master traits dedicated to virtues. What Anet should do is combine the resolve traits and remove both the justice and courage grand master traits. Then split the major grand master traits between alacrity/support, power damage and condi damage. This would work so much better, as it allows adjusting these three aspects and virtues, separately.

12 minutes ago, Falseprophet.1502 said:

Go make a post about "weavers should not have dual attacks because it's a thief mechanic and no other profession should have it" in the Elementalist forum. This is a poor argument. 

Oh I forgot about weaver, sorry. That's a thief and weaver mechanic, no reason guardian needs it.

• Sad 1

8 hours ago, SleepyBat.9034 said:

Oh I forgot about weaver, sorry. That's a thief and weaver mechanic, no reason guardian needs it.

Still a poor argument, almost as poor as saying "no other class should have Guardian's Aegis because it's a Guardian mechanic" or "thief should not get shroud because that's a necromancer mechanic" but yet -- current design standards clearly are giving mechanics of  professions to others. 

How about this. Instead of making overly jejune comments on a forum -- why don't you provide substance to the thread you are posting in? As a reminder, this thread (the one you are in now) is about how one would fix power Willbender to be competitive in a PvE meta (or any other mode). How would you do that without power creeping condi Willbender?

Edited by Falseprophet.1502

• 1 month later...

I like the idea, but it should probably be a trait or something to do this. I like the manual block on mace #3 and am going for kind of a monk-ish build with my willbender.

But yeah, I was surprised this wasn't a thing when I started messing with willbender, so mostly agree here.

On 12/19/2022 at 1:35 AM, Falseprophet.1502 said:

The point of this post would allow the third skill to be improved upon whilst providing some uniqueness to WB and not power creep cWB. If done right, sw3 would be even more powerful (in PVE), be better in WvW/PvP, and allow pWB to be buffed easier. 

What I meant by that is that I'd rather have this new unique mechanic change something like the auto chain, because it's really bad. But making Sword3 better would be cool too of course. They could make a new animation/increase the speed, have it be a flip over skill when using two swords with higher damage output, lower cooldown, and free movement. I'm just concerned by how much they actually need to buff the ability to justify this flip-over skill. For autos, it would be much easier to find a good compromise, cause they're terrible.

Overall I agree the Willbender feels completely uninspired, and the double Sword gameplay fantasy isn't fulfilled at all. I really hope it's next on the list of reworks cause it needs one desperately. At least one flip-over skill to give the spec more identity around double-Sword gameplay 

Edited by MagicBot.1570