Vindi PermaQuickness for ONLY itself????

Howluffu.7259

Vindicator has a lot of support/dps potential. With the right build you can perma prot, regen, 25 might and quickness but has a twist the quickness(probably the most important boon) it's ONLY PROVIDED TO THE VINDI ITSELF ....

Anet said they wanted to make more diversity in boon provider for group content but shoot vindi on their foot for unknown reasons?!!? They even disable sigil procc'ing from legendswap even when they stated in the past it was totally intended(only to nerf the main feature of the vindi) but even with the sigil bugfixing nerf can provide the perma boons I mentioned above only to figure that one of the most requested in content group(quickness) it's a selfish boon.

C'mon!! Make it 5 man quickness giving so I can enjoy this blasting e-spec in raids and other group content. It will be healthy for the game diversity. The more you can choose the better 😁

• Like 3

Why would you give a class which is most wanted for alacrity a strong quickness source? It doesn't make sense since power alac and condi alac are both run. If power alac was unplayable then maybe you'd want to play a power quickness vindicator. Instead of doing that the power vindicator should be less hitbox reliant with more damage on the alliance skills in PVE.

This is especially true since they are only capable of numerical splits between modes. The moment you put quickness sharing onto it you risk breaking the game even more , see quickness heal scrapper in WVW which has no duration splits.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

14 hours ago, Infusion.7149 said:

Why would you give a class which is most wanted for alacrity a strong quickness source? It doesn't make sense since power alac and condi alac are both run. If power alac was unplayable then maybe you'd want to play a power quickness vindicator. Instead of doing that the power vindicator should be less hitbox reliant with more damage on the alliance skills in PVE.

This is especially true since they are only capable of numerical splits between modes. The moment you put quickness sharing onto it you risk breaking the game even more , see quickness heal scrapper in WVW which has no duration splits.

It's add veraiety to game and dont make lfg QFB!!!...

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Obtena.7952 said:

Yeah, adding variety is not a compelling reason. Actually, giving one class everything REDUCES variety (hello FB, looking at you). Vindicator isn't getting 5 man quickness ... Dream on. 

Diden't anet say they want to brake ''one class all'' and spread suger for all classes. Also no one say give only rev as lots class already have it.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Silesium.5623 said:

Diden't anet say they want to brake ''one class all'' and spread suger for all classes. Also no one say give only rev as lots class already have it.

Yes, they did say that ... and  Revenant class already has Alacrity role to do that. You need to go back and read the balancing notice they issued.

Edited by Obtena.7952
  • Like 1
  • Confused 5

So you say rev perm stay do alac? How is that logic what if group looking for quicknes and rev mains can provided that give window for joing groups. As now with new exp rev can give perm '25might'vigor'protection'regeneration. But I will prefer if they buff them to give quickens as alac and quicknes are special buffs that alter dmg.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Silesium.5623 said:

So you say rev perm stay do alac? How is that logic what if group looking for quicknes and rev mains can provided that give window for joing groups. As now with new exp rev can give perm '25might'vigor'protection'regeneration. But I will prefer if they buff them to give quickens as alac and quicknes are special buffs that alter dmg.

Again, you need to read Anet's notice they released on balance recently. Don't argue with me ... it's not my idea. I'm just telling you that based on the notification, it's VERY unlikely Vindicator is going to change to get 5 man quickness. 

Edited by Obtena.7952
  • Like 1
  • Confused 5

4 hours ago, Silesium.5623 said:

It's add veraiety to game and dont make lfg QFB!!!...

You think people are going to look for quickness vindicator? Quite naive considering vindicator is power spec and LFG only really look for QFB in fractals whereas on power bosses people look for chronos generally for the pull.

I've been playing chrono since way before nerfs , quick scrapper since they have become viable and both of those top out around 28K benchmark while not providing fury and minimal amounts of might. Now we have condi quickness harbinger putting out 33K+ and same goes for power quickness catalyst. CQB currenly puts out ~30K solo and 33K group benchmark and both are capable of providing might and fury with some trait or skill swaps. In fractals nobody is going to explicitly look for a power class in PUGs which means ultimately it's CQB/harbinger. By default vindicator will not be looked for. Nevermind that one dodge is a severe liability when you need to avoid potentially fatal mechanics and full DPS vindicator currently benchmarks 37K on huge hitbox.

Realistically if you are relying on PUGs the only alternative to CQB is going to be quickness harbinger in ritualist gear.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

I did fractals and strikes almost every day since release and havent seen a single vindicator. i havent even seen one in eod meta. You can sugarcoat this failure as much as you want but its either supposed to be pvp/wvw like spellbreaker or it needs help in pve.

Untamed and vindicator are the only classes i never see.

• Thanks 2
  • Confused 2

19 hours ago, Thon.3780 said:

The more value vindicator has , the faster their skill will get nerf.

if its solo performance now good. Let it be….

This----^

Low key, I am somewhat scared to play this elite specs or even ask for improvements to what it's lacking.

I been getting attached to the elite spec and know it's going to get nerfed hard sooner rather then later.

On 3/9/2022 at 3:12 AM, Thon.3780 said:

The more value vindicator has , the faster their skill will get nerf.

if its solo performance now good. Let it be….

So better be a neutered spec than taking the risk of a nerf for being a helpful group spec?

I would rather take the risk and make the spec competent on group content.

As mentioned above, Anet did say that wants to diversify boons and vindi is a good candidate for that role. Alac? I'm not fan of charrs or charr spirits. I always wanted a GS for my rev and this is the perfect oportunity to play with it while also having a great spot on group content.

5-man quickness with Vindi.

Edited by Howluffu.7259
  • Confused 1

On 3/9/2022 at 6:45 PM, Infusion.7149 said:

Realistically if you are relying on PUGs the only alternative to CQB is going to be quickness harbinger in ritualist gear.

Wut?? I always qrapper on PUGs and everything is great. I Qrapper in dhuum and is absolutely amazing. The superspeed makes the encounter so much more easier. Bringing another quickness will only do better. Less time waiting for an specific role to join is never worse.

Edited by Howluffu.7259
  • Confused 1

You do realize you would need fury from somewhere else, such as alac mechanist , alac mirage, or alac specter right? Alac ren doesn't provide fury.
You'd basically be able to run it where you don't need high CC (as you would need to run staff otherwise and tank your damage immensely) and condi is not favored, i.e. not fractals.

It would make far more sense for herald for example to get quickness as it isn't nearly as strong after EOD launch and isn't designed as a DPS spec but as a boon support.

edit: also this is a pipedream because arenanet has stated they don't want any spec to be able to provide both boons. If you give vindicator quickness sharing it becomes capable of both quickness and alacrity via salvation traitline.

Edited by Infusion.7149
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Infusion.7149 said:

edit: also this is a pipedream because arenanet has stated they don't want any spec to be able to provide both boons. If you give vindicator quickness sharing it becomes capable of both quickness and alacrity via salvation traitline.

Ye i can see some one want to juggle this ~.~

6 hours ago, Infusion.7149 said:

They could rework that trait so rene is the only rev that can provide alac then make quickness 5-man for vindi.

• Confused 1

23 minutes ago, Howluffu.7259 said:

They could rework that trait so rene is the only rev that can provide alac then make quickness 5-man for vindi.

You see how ridiculous that sounds though? Nerfing a core trait just because someone decides to make a forum post asking for a tier 1 boon on a class that has a meta role? I have not seen a single reputable benchmarking person go "this spec needs AoE quickness", it's always been more damage or less finnicky dodges. It is just as baffling as why willbender has alacrity.

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

Yeah they going to do it just because of me. They clearly love me.

Jokes aside, they could make the trait to give something valuable in return. Maybe Aegis as Ventari is kinda a protector/support legend(Yeah pretty broken but it could have an understandable cd on the skill to be in touch with the Advance Guardian skill). Maybe that can make ele/engi healing more atractive to raids creating more diversity and choices to roles.

Just let me have my gs rev on PUGs.

9 hours ago, Howluffu.7259 said:

They could but they aren't because they told us each CLASS will fill a role and Revenant already fills Alacrity. People, you need to read Anet's notification. 

• Confused 5

On 3/11/2022 at 2:13 PM, Obtena.7952 said:

They could but they aren't because they told us each CLASS will fill a role and Revenant already fills Alacrity. People, you need to read Anet's notification. 

U smoke somthing? they say they don't want players play role but play class.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1